The **** you worry about when you get older...

vhdawg

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2004
4,867
2,767
113
May you lord this over your enemies at the gate of the city.

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
So are the children of one’s youth.
How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;
They will not be ashamed
When they speak with their enemies in the gate.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Yep, I never got to have children. Now it's just not going to happen. I really wish I had had the chance.
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,927
2,317
113
As a father of an only child, and now empty nester, I would advise you to relish each and everyday with the young ones. We were always going to have more, and just never did, how I wish I still had a pickup game of anything in my yard. I consider you a blessed man.

I was going to make a similar 'be grateful' comment, but I felt it did not fit the thread's milieu. But it's so 17n true. Children are exhausting (I got a few still around), but they are a tremendous blessing. Enjoy it and good luck with the plates.
 
Last edited:

ababyatemydingo

All-Conference
Nov 27, 2008
4,042
3,023
113
You're not alone. I'm 53. My wife is 43. We have 22, 19, 4 1/2, and 8 mo. Last one is the only boy. A true blessing. We got a Yukon XL and love it. Plenty of room for all.

Like you, our last one wasn't planned. Wife was born with spina bifida occulta.
Neuro Dr changed med. birth control messed with med. Gyno did hormone work up and told her she was in menopause and could stop BC. Hilarity ensued about 7 months later.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,406
308
83
You're not alone. I'm 53. My wife is 43. We have 22, 19, 4 1/2, and 8 mo. Last one is the only boy. A true blessing. We got a Yukon XL and love it. Plenty of room for all.

Like you, our last one wasn't planned. Wife was born with spina bifida occulta.
Neuro Dr changed med. birth control messed with med. Gyno did hormone work up and told her she was in menopause and could stop BC. Hilarity ensued about 7 months later.

We stopped the pill to do hormone work up too, to check on some things. The twins are now here and we are thankful for that.
 

Dawgtini

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2007
953
8
18
You're not alone. I'm 53. My wife is 43. We have 22, 19, 4 1/2, and 8 mo. Last one is the only boy. A true blessing. We got a Yukon XL and love it. Plenty of room for all.

Like you, our last one wasn't planned. Wife was born with spina bifida occulta.
Neuro Dr changed med. birth control messed with med. Gyno did hormone work up and told her she was in menopause and could stop BC. Hilarity ensued about 7 months later.

Second the Yukon XL. Loved it when my 6 were little. Baby's are twins. They're graduating HS this year. <sad emoji>

eta - the bench seat in the middle is the way. The single stayed down for getting in and out until the last kid.
 
Last edited:

bully12

Senior
Sep 2, 2012
1,709
774
113
Accidentally pregnant...damn schools just don’t teach sex ed like they should **

Yeah, you got to get snipped as soon as what you want to be your last one comes out. Yikes, I know too many people in your boat.

That guy should consider himself lucky. I've known my primary care physician since he came to town about 10 years out of medical school and began practicing. In those 10 years, he and his wife have had 7 kids - 6 boys and 1 girl. Hey, I told him he had his point guard after the 5th. I guess he wanted a couple of subs plus a cheerleader. I THINK they're done now, but who knows?
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,403
8,833
113
You're not alone. I'm 53. My wife is 43. We have 22, 19, 4 1/2, and 8 mo.

I'm 55 with a 14 year old thought i had it bad. I love my kids, but recommend having them earlier in life. I'm looking at retiring in three years, fortunately this child does well academically and will likely get a lot of scholarship help to pay for college.
 

Treemydawg

Sophomore
Sep 29, 2013
314
125
43
Not huge. 4 years. We have a 6, 4, and newborns.

And assuming my doctor knows what he was doing, I will not be fathering anymore.

Consider yourself and the wife blessed bud. We have a 15, 14, 11 and a will be 2 this Thursday. All are boys and after our surprise with the little one, life wouldn’t be the same or seem complete without the little man around. We thought we were well on our way to having them all through with Jr high, high school and having the house to ourselves with college coming for the last one in 7 short years but God had other plans. Enjoy it man, I know we have, our little one definitely keeps us on our toes.
 
Last edited:

fang

Freshman
Nov 29, 2010
581
71
28
I’m jealous. Twins are awesome, they go from bouncy seats to college really fast, I washed a sink full of bottles every night for a couple of years, they’re graduating seniors (girls) and are headed to different places in the fall, cherish.every.minute - even when you don’t feel like it.
In the Honda Odyssey we had you could take the center seat out of the middle row and kids could walk thru it to get in the back. Best vehicle in the planet for hauling families. Plus behind the 3rd row, you could stack crap from bottom of the well to the roof, way more room than In our sequoia, that well is the bomb.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,006
10,156
113
First of all, enjoy the hell out of those kids while you can. Eventually they get older and present you with new issues, then much older and so are you and the only thing you can celebrate is that now you don't have to take the little kids home and put them to bed, you kids do.

Ignore the wise cracks. Those guys either wish their wife was still giving them a ride or they actually still want to give her a ride, or can. You hit the bullseye when you weren't even aiming, congrats! You got a serious door prize with twins.

Any of us with more than one or two kids has to go through the minivan stage at one time or another. It will be okay.

Lastly, you have an even better chance at a slew of grandkids to make you laugh and smile.

Cheers and make sure those tubes were tied this time, either hers or yours!
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
Tell your wife if BJs didn't end at marriage, y'all wouldn't have this problem. Then go by those stick people stickers for your van.
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,863
11,235
113
There is a “ Short Bus” for sale on FB marketplace in Tupelo. Roof AC and a wheelchair lift in the back. It would be perfect. You can add your own personal touches to make it you own.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,454
27,292
113
Second the Yukon XL. Loved it when my 6 were little. Baby's are twins. They're graduating HS this year. <sad emoji="">

eta - the bench seat in the middle is the way. The single stayed down for getting in and out until the last kid.

The wife had one when our kids were smaller. It was sweet.

Those damn things cost 80k now.

</sad>
 
Sep 18, 2014
275
24
18
The Kia Carnival is basically just the new model of the old Sedona minivan but has a more SUV look to it than the traditional minivans. They call it an "MPV" multi purpose vehicle, but for all intents and purposes it is still a minivan. It still has the sliding doors. If you go for the top end model, the 2nd row seats are full recliners.


I just looked this up. I'd drive it right now and I don't have any kids.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,156
5,709
113
It's easier to get stuff into a minivan than an Expedition.

Then there is the cost difference.

The top of the line loaded with everything Minivan is $51,765
The base cloth seats expedition with no options is $49,995 for the short one and $54,810 for the long one.
I've only helped load kids into friends minivans and didn't notice a real difference, but maybe that's just because I'm used to the expedition. I'm not knocking minivans, my friend's wives that have them love them and I sort of think the fact that so many soccer moms are against them is somehow an indictment of our society, but was just throwing that out there because he didn't seem thrilled about the minivan.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,156
5,709
113
Second the Yukon XL. Loved it when my 6 were little. Baby's are twins. They're graduating HS this year. <sad emoji="">

eta - the bench seat in the middle is the way. The single stayed down for getting in and out until the last kid.
Just reading about having six kids made me break out into a sweat.
</sad>
 
Last edited:

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,156
5,709
113
I’m jealous. Twins are awesome, they go from bouncy seats to college really fast, I washed a sink full of bottles every night for a couple of years, they’re graduating seniors (girls) and are headed to different places in the fall, cherish.every.minute - even when you don’t feel like it.
In the Honda Odyssey we had you could take the center seat out of the middle row and kids could walk thru it to get in the back. Best vehicle in the planet for hauling families. Plus behind the 3rd row, you could stack crap from bottom of the well to the roof, way more room than In our sequoia, that well is the bomb.

Washing bottles may be the worst chore associated with babies. Somehow much worse than changing diapers.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,631
12,087
113
As a father of an only child, and now empty nester, I would advise you to relish each and everyday with the young ones. We were always going to have more, and just never did, how I wish I still had a pickup game of anything in my yard. I consider you a blessed man.
Yeah, my daughter is 9 and is still a Daddy’s girl, but I see the neighbors 12 year old over the last 3 years and how she has changed. There are days I just want to freeze time to keep her 9.
 

GhostOfJackie

Senior
Apr 20, 2009
3,795
712
113
Mine are getting old too quick. Out of all the stresses and missed golf games associated with having young children, I've finally realized that I will never get this time back. Make the most of the moments, etc. You only live once my friend.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,867
6,682
113
Washing bottles may be the worst chore associated with babies. Somehow much worse than changing diapers.

We had a couple different bottle drying contraptions that took up half the counter space in our starter home. And the cabinet dedicated only to bottles, and then to colorful plastic cups, bowls, plates, and sippy cups was constantly overflowing. I could stack everything nicely, and then open it up and it looked like a bomb went off.
 

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,102
9,402
113
Yep. I'm empty nest but a mid-term miscarriage away from having an unplanned 11 year old still at the house. Empty nest is good, but I occasionally wonder what life would look like with a young one still around.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,156
5,709
113
We had a couple different bottle drying contraptions that took up half the counter space in our starter home. And the cabinet dedicated only to bottles, and then to colorful plastic cups, bowls, plates, and sippy cups was constantly overflowing. I could stack everything nicely, and then open it up and it looked like a bomb went off.

Been there and done that. Did get smart with the last one and use the disposable inserts. Still had to do some hand washing, but could mostly put in the dishwasher at that point, and there weren't a half dozen 17ing pieces to the bottle, which I'm still not sure why I never questioned why a bottle needed more than 3 pieces to begin with. Guess it was sleep deprivation.
 
Aug 22, 2012
440
0
0
My college roommate was laying on the couch with an ice pack on his crotch after getting snipped when his wife told him surprise child #4 was on the way. That was a lesson to me to get snipped as soon as we were finished having kids.

The scary thing to me is I actually know 2 men that had failed vasectomies.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,406
308
83
We had a couple different bottle drying contraptions that took up half the counter space in our starter home. And the cabinet dedicated only to bottles, and then to colorful plastic cups, bowls, plates, and sippy cups was constantly overflowing. I could stack everything nicely, and then open it up and it looked like a bomb went off.

The only thing we bought this time around was a baby coffee maker. You load up water and formula in the machine, input the number of oz you want to make and put the bottle under a spigot. Our pours a warm drink and you just shake the bottle and serve. It’s been pretty clutch so far in lieu of measuring out formula scoops and warming some water. A baby Kuerig.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
We had a couple different bottle drying contraptions that took up half the counter space in our starter home. And the cabinet dedicated only to bottles, and then to colorful plastic cups, bowls, plates, and sippy cups was constantly overflowing. I could stack everything nicely, and then open it up and it looked like a bomb went off.
I figured you're the type to say things like "starter home".

Dork.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Boobie babies save you lots of bottle washing and formula buying.
Not to mention healthier babies, and you can minimize your chances of having to buy little Kadethryn (or whatever other horrible names people are naming kids these days) McDonalds every meal because he has a ________ allergy (and somehow justifying it in your head).
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,927
2,317
113
Not to mention healthier babies, and you can minimize your chances of having to buy little Kadethryn (or whatever other horrible names people are naming kids these days) McDonalds every meal because he has a ________ allergy (and somehow justifying it in your head).

And with the money you save at the orthodontist, you can pay for your child's education.... or get your wife a spectacular new pair.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four