THE NEW D-LEAGUE

vhcat1970

All-Conference
Jul 2, 2025
3,626
2,752
113
I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing 72 years ago today: I was on my GF's front porch on a sunny warm day with my Dad listening to the radio & him being giddy about the NL NY Giants beating heavily-favored,111 wins (of 154 game season) AL Cleveland Indians for the 4th straight time to sweep the World Series. It's first thing I remember of events outside my personnel life. I was six. Since Dad wasn't working, had to be a weekend day & more likely a Saturday as he would have still been umpiring local semi-pro baseball games on Sundays. Their seasons ran till late Oct. & even into early Nov. a couple of times.

Now year older DW remembers being all upset about the 1952 political conventions being on TV & ruining her watching her kids TV programming. Her Dad would be described as a techie today & they had a TV early on.

Have a nice day.
 

BBUK

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2005
879
4,837
120
Hello All,

Been sitting at my computer since about 10. Getting up to vacuum mine and My Darlings bedroom. The things I just completed may well go to allowing me to be nearly retired. Still have two doctor appointments next week and two sit-downs with some, shall we say,... Klingers on (And I spelled that correctly from Max days of MASH.) These guys kind of act like him in certain ways. I called one of them Klinger once...

Anyway, enjoy what's left of your afternoon(s)... take'em and cherish them...

I am thankful!!!
 

BBUK

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2005
879
4,837
120
Hello All,

Dang,

Others are busy too.......... ;)

I do hope all is well, been raining hard here. The BB has a soccer game today. Not sure 7 and 8 year olds should be going in this rain but we shall see.... (I used to but not soccer...)

Took My Darling to her women's group meeting earlier. I am actually filing paperwork hoping to not have to take it back out. (Just hope to trash it at some point... Later on...)

Take this day and do it proud.

Go CATS!!!
 

warrior-cat

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2004
192,263
157,964
113
Morning D-legionnaires!

66° this morning with light winds and a high near 80° expected.

Great win for UK last night and, with a UL loss the weekend is feeling great. Now, a Bengals win would put icing on the cake. I have 2 co-ed softball games late this afternoon so, I will get to watch the Bengals game this week.

Hope the weekend is going well for all and God Bless.
 
Last edited:

MdWIldcat55

Heisman
Dec 9, 2007
21,637
87,261
113
Good morning folks. Great win for the Cats. FIrst road OT win against an SEC team in history. And Louisville being totally exposed is hilarious.

Having a great weekend so far. We're celebrating my B-Day which was midweek on the weekend -- a nice steak dinner with my wife last night at a favorite restaurant and my daughter and a few people coming over for cake today.

I hope you guys have a great day.
 

warrior-cat

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2004
192,263
157,964
113
Good morning folks. Great win for the Cats. FIrst road OT win against an SEC team in history. And Louisville being totally exposed is hilarious.

Having a great weekend so far. We're celebrating my B-Day which was midweek on the weekend -- a nice steak dinner with my wife last night at a favorite restaurant and my daughter and a few people coming over for cake today.

I hope you guys have a great day.
Happy belated.
 

berniecarbo

Heisman
Apr 29, 2020
5,250
29,692
113
If you are not a baseball junky, this is probably to long an article for you. I was watching the Brewers and Padres and a couple of hitters were using a split grip, so I did some searches. I came up with this article from Driveline. Quite a few pros go to Driveline for lessons.

 

BBUK

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2005
879
4,837
120
If you are not a baseball junky, this is probably to long an article for you. I was watching the Brewers and Padres and a couple of hitters were using a split grip, so I did some searches. I came up with this article from Driveline. Quite a few pros go to Driveline for lessons.


Sir,

I have my opinions about the pinky and split grip(s)... You have to be seriously strong to use the pinky grip and need a reason for it.

The split grip Ty Cobb used it at times but for again, specific reasons..

Mostly the reasons depended on who was pitching and their arm angles/ delivery tendencies....

That is some serious intricacies I have forgot.... Made me think back though, so thanks!

Hello All,

I have been around but cleaning mine and the BB's office. (He is talking to his Dad right now...)

My wife and I went to different services today. That happens irregularly but this was one of those days....

I just had a seriously good home made chili by My Darling but I sure added the crackers like the old days...

The BB has my phone right now but I will post a pic I took later...

Enjoy what's left of your evening(s)...
 

BC_Wader

All-American
Aug 13, 2021
5,150
9,703
113
How you Gents doing? I'm counting down the days till my last time off of the year. Gonna do A LOT of stuff with my Wife. Got a Bardstown Dinner Train planned in two weeks on our Anniversary. Will be married 26 years. Gonna hit Peabody WMA that week as I need to get the boat out. She'll be checking out the Ospreys and Eagle nests while I do my best to fill the freezer.

How about them Wildcats!!! We have ourselves a Coach. Best time of the year. Football season then roll right into the roundball.

Stay classy, Gentleman. Get out of that comfort zone we ALL fall prey to and be a blessing to those you know and don't know. God Bless you fellas.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch

Pygmy Sasquatch

Heisman
Mar 27, 2009
9,823
11,000
113
I check in now and then. I'm really introverted bad about communicating.

Came back down 369 days ago now, was heading back north last month but caregiver duties have me bound in KY for another 3 weeks at least. And that's OK.

Pics from morning I left last year (except collage). It's wild and I miss it. I camped here for 25 days before heading south. I caught the biggest smallmouth (ca. 24 inches, no weight) I ever hooked here when I was 12, lived about 6 miles away. Many good memories with my departed father here. One of my favorite places to be in the world.

20250929_084435.jpg20250929_084449.jpg20250929_111410.jpg


20250725_210458-COLLAGE.jpg20250927_163844-COLLAGE.jpg
 
Last edited:
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Kentucky inexplicably dropped out of the AP Poll. This is why voters should feel bad about themselves.
  2. 02 KSR Football 'Cold-Blooded' Kenny Minchey leads Kentucky to another massive SEC road win
  3. 03 KSR Volleyball No. 3 Kentucky VB drowns in The Swamp, loses 3-2 to No. 7 Florida
  4. 04 KSR Football Henry Boyer has been a clutch touchdown machine for Kentucky
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky may become nationally relevant because of Will Stein, but he says Wildcats win the games