THE NEW D-LEAGUE

vhcat1970

All-Conference
Jul 2, 2025
3,599
2,706
113
I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing 72 years ago today: I was on my GF's front porch on a sunny warm day with my Dad listening to the radio & him being giddy about the NL NY Giants beating heavily-favored,111 wins (of 154 game season) AL Cleveland Indians for the 4th straight time to sweep the World Series. It's first thing I remember of events outside my personnel life. I was six. Since Dad wasn't working, had to be a weekend day & more likely a Saturday as he would have still been umpiring local semi-pro baseball games on Sundays. Their seasons ran till late Oct. & even into early Nov. a couple of times.

Now year older DW remembers being all upset about the 1952 political conventions being on TV & ruining her watching her kids TV programming. Her Dad would be described as a techie today & they had a TV early on.

Have a nice day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: berniecarbo
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football UK Hall of Famer Jeff Van Note passes away
  2. 02 KSR Football South Carolina has Seemingly Solved Run Game Woes
  3. 03 KSR Volleyball No. 3 Kentucky VB begins back-to-back road stand against Auburn
  4. 04 KSR KSR Show, 10/2: Live from Shady Rays in Lexington (in Kentucky)
  5. 05 KSR Basketball KSR Today: Happy Big Blue Madness!