The C-L Is Definitely Self Aware

vhdawg

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2004
4,863
2,758
113
I know we like to piss and moan about the CL, but this headline is not wrong.
 

dawgstudent

Heisman
Apr 15, 2003
40,472
22,008
113
Not wrong but at the same time - typical. Wouldn't you want to encourage people to subscribe?
 
Last edited:

T-TownDawgg

All-Conference
Nov 4, 2015
4,802
4,907
113
Ole Miss was a Gettysburg away from being the world's most prestigious secessionist school. But they powder blue it.
*Click for more*
-T-town Times
 

vhdawg

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2004
4,863
2,758
113
Not wrong but at the same time - typical. Wouldn't you want to encourage people to subscribe?

That ship has sailed unfortunately. I went through the Sunday paper in about three minutes at my inlaws' yesterday. I get more useful information out of the Madison County Journal and the Northside Sun, both of which can be picked up for free at multiple locations I frequent.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,155
5,705
113
Not wrong but at the same time - typical. Wouldn't you want to encourage people to subscribe?

At some point, you'd think some stock owners in Gannett would file a shareholder's derivative suit. If you're an officer, why in the hell would you tolerate one of your newspapers trying to alienate customers? It's one thing if you piss off potential advertisers or subscribers by chasing unpopular stories, but just to be dickish about sports? It's crazy that nobody that owns Gannett is bothered by employees trashing its value.
 

DoggieDaddy13

All-Conference
Dec 23, 2017
3,925
2,317
113
That ship has sailed unfortunately. I went through the Sunday paper in about three minutes at my inlaws' yesterday. I get more useful information out of the Madison County Journal and the Northside Sun, both of which can be picked up for free at multiple locations I frequent.

You mean DANNY'S?
 

hdogg

Senior
Nov 21, 2014
1,205
789
113
I'm gonna be the grammar police and point out that I'd really would prefer to see "a couple OF outs" from an alleged newspaper.
I mean, if most of your graduates are English majors, at least you could use a preposition when needed.
 

johnson86-1

All-American
Aug 22, 2012
15,155
5,705
113
It’s like they hired a message board troll

I think that's basically what they wanted to do. They are pushing FTW, or For the Win, as I guess an attempt to compete with more popular and less traditional sports coverage, and they use more trollish and/or click bait headlines on facebook and twitter than would be typical for newspapers.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,406
308
83
It would be really interesting to keep a log of their headlines when they cover us versus when they cover them. You could score them positive, negative, nuetral and then keep a score. We all know they hate us, but seeing a grading system would really help accentuate how bad it is.

What an atrocious headline.
 

tired

All-Conference
Sep 16, 2013
3,714
1,477
113
I'm gonna be the grammar police and point out that I'd really would prefer to see "a couple OF outs" from an alleged newspaper.
I mean, if most of your graduates are English majors, at least you could use a preposition when needed.

I'd would also.
 

mstateglfr

All-American
Feb 24, 2008
16,865
6,681
113
I'm gonna be the grammar police and point out that I'd really would prefer to see "a couple OF outs" from an alleged newspaper.
I mean, if most of your graduates are English majors, at least you could use a preposition when needed.

And yet if they had written(or if they wrote) 'Mississippi State was two outs away' it would have worked. So 'two' works, but 'couple' doesnt.
17ing language man, ***** wild.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window