Tanner Allen SEC POTY**

NTDawg

Senior
Mar 2, 2012
2,272
943
113
Clarion Ledger Headline "Thanks to the Rebels Allen Wins Player of the Year"
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
It’s been deleted, but the SEC tweeted out the announcement and it was a picture of Logan Tanner.
 

baddawggy

Freshman
Jun 12, 2018
210
90
28
Clarion Ledger Headline "Thanks to the Rebels Allen Wins Player of the Year"

nope but close....[h=1]Mississippi State RF Tanner Allen wins SEC Player of the Year, Ole Miss LHP Doug Nikhazy first-team All-SEC[/h]
 

FQDawg

Senior
May 1, 2006
3,076
618
113
Just saw this picture on Twitter. What in tarnation is going on with this embarrassment of a uniform? Is he wearing his girlfriend's yoga pants? Did he steal those shorts from a slow pitch softball league? Terrible. Just terrible.



View attachment 20375
 

Xenomorph

Heisman
Feb 15, 2007
16,111
10,620
113
If Logan ever has a son he should totally name him Tanner. Cause the world needs a Tanner Tanner.
 
Oct 29, 2009
2,704
579
113
I know Kopps is a bad a$$, but i like Sims better

correct me if im wrong, but Landon Sims has better numbers than Kopps....I think they gave it to kopps bc he has more IP?

edited to add was looking at the list of awards, and that stood out to me...
 
Last edited:

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,628
14,413
113
1) How have you just noticed this?

2) I don't particularly care for the look either, however TA plays balls to the wall, all out on every play/pitch. If he were some pre-madona player trying to make a fashion statement I might agree with your pearl clutching outrage. He is not.
 

FQDawg

Senior
May 1, 2006
3,076
618
113
1) How have you just noticed this?

2) I don't particularly care for the look either, however TA plays balls to the wall, all out on every play/pitch. If he were some pre-madona player trying to make a fashion statement I might agree with your pearl clutching outrage. He is not.


1. I watch an average of 0.0 baseball games per year.

2. Nobody is clutching any pearls. And that's great he plays "balls to the wall." That doesn't mean we shouldn't point out when one of our players (in any sport) looks ridiculous.
 

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,628
14,413
113
1. I watch an average of 0.0 baseball games per year.

2. Nobody is clutching any pearls. And that's great he plays "balls to the wall." That doesn't mean we shouldn't point out when one of our players (in any sport) looks ridiculous.


Fair enough, it's just been discussed ad nauseam all season long.
 

Dawg1979

Redshirt
Jun 23, 2015
1,546
0
0
really loved how he tipped his hat at the Bama centerfielder after the superman dive. tv showed it several times. just a class act right there
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
Blame the Bichette girl in Toronto. Tanner obviously has a crush on her bikini shorts look. He's absolutely raked all year and deserves the POY though which is an amazing accomplishment in a league that has Rocker & Leiter.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,229
14,741
113

Imagine having the season Landon Sims just had. Probably the most dominant season for a relief pitcher in the history of a great program that has had a lot of great relievers.

And you're 2nd team All Conference. The SEC, bru...
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
Yeah well soccer sux
Joking, but it honestly truly does. I've given it a hard try over the past 2 years. It just sucks, no other way to put it. It's good exercise and I'm sure it's fun to play I guess but the appeal of soccer fandom just isn't there, and that's obviously true with the majority of Americans. I mean they just waste effort over and over and over and over with no goals. There's no strategy either, just kick the ball around until you find a hole. Not to mention most soccer people are kinda dicks. The worst parents are also in youth soccer.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,229
14,741
113
I'm not a soccer fan either, but if you really believe there's no strategy, that's a tad bit ignunt
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
Blame the Bichette girl in Toronto. Tanner obviously has a crush on her bikini shorts look. He's absolutely raked all year and deserves the POY though which is an amazing accomplishment in a league that has Rocker & Leiter.

I'm thinking they would have had a dilemma in choosing either Rocker or Leiter, because it would seem a slight to the one that did not get the award.

But anyway, congrats to Tanner. He was just as deserving as either one of them.
 
Last edited:

Upyurs

Redshirt
Nov 24, 2017
453
0
0
1. I watch an average of 0.0 baseball games per year.

2. Nobody is clutching any pearls. And that's great he plays "balls to the wall." That doesn't mean we shouldn't point out when one of our players (in any sport) looks ridiculous.

Tell us again why you care about a uniform since you obviously don’t care about the sport.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
Imagine having the season Landon Sims just had. Probably the most dominant season for a relief pitcher in the history of a great program that has had a lot of great relievers.

And you're 2nd team All Conference. The SEC, bru...

Kopps was equally great, the real problem is the SEC not finding a way to put them both on the first team.
 

Upyurs

Redshirt
Nov 24, 2017
453
0
0
Joking, but it honestly truly does. I've given it a hard try over the past 2 years. It just sucks, no other way to put it. It's good exercise and I'm sure it's fun to play I guess but the appeal of soccer fandom just isn't there, and that's obviously true with the majority of Americans. I mean they just waste effort over and over and over and over with no goals. There's no strategy either, just kick the ball around until you find a hole. Not to mention most soccer people are kinda dicks. The worst parents are also in youth soccer.

Clueless. How about educating yourself on the most popular sport in the world before criticizing it.
 

TrueMaroonGrind

All-Conference
Jan 6, 2017
4,126
1,684
113
Just saw this picture on Twitter. What in tarnation is going on with this embarrassment of a uniform? Is he wearing his girlfriend's yoga pants? Did he steal those shorts from a slow pitch softball league? Terrible. Just terrible.



View attachment 20375

The way he plays he could wear a banana hammock and I wouldn’t care.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,449
27,285
113
Joking, but it honestly truly does. I've given it a hard try over the past 2 years. It just sucks, no other way to put it. It's good exercise and I'm sure it's fun to play I guess but the appeal of soccer fandom just isn't there, and that's obviously true with the majority of Americans. I mean they just waste effort over and over and over and over with no goals. There's no strategy either, just kick the ball around until you find a hole. Not to mention most soccer people are kinda dicks. The worst parents are also in youth soccer.

 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,449
27,285
113
Not all athletes can exhibit the professional appearance of the beautiful game.

View attachment 20376

 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four