So HORT is dead... dead

Hawkfan_08*

All-American
Jul 2, 2025
3,658
9,743
113
I wanted to know if all of us poors were essentially unbanned from the off topic board yet. Answer was no.

Very few posts from today and the end of page one had threads last posted from Monday.

Frustrated World Cup GIF
 

Billanole.

All-Conference
May 9, 2026
992
1,477
93
I wanted to know if all of us poors were essentially unbanned from the off topic board yet. Answer was no.

Very few posts from today and the end of page one had threads last posted from Monday.

Frustrated World Cup GIF
Yeah, traffix there is low, low, low.
It still runs laps around the ole Locker Room. That place gives off morgue vibes.
 
Last edited:

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
22,203
43,071
113
Seems like a dumb overreacting on what they did. It was a good community and the clicks had to generate some income. Related, I am starting to get more ads here, even autoplay videos….
Pretty sure Tom said his subs revenue crushes ad revenue.
 

noleclone2

Heisman
May 3, 2015
3,747
14,520
113
Pretty sure Tom said his subs revenue crushes ad revenue.
Yeah but he could have had both. Get your fan subs and OT non fanatical non paying subscribers to generate clicks. I doubt he has anyone really subscribing for HORT only any more now that it is comatose.
 
  • Like
Reactions: fsu1jreed and AFM22

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
22,203
43,071
113
Yeah but he could have had both. Get your fan subs and OT non fanatical non paying subscribers to generate clicks. I doubt he has anyone really subscribing for HORT only any more now that it is comatose.
He could have had both but getting rid of perpetual headaches makes for a better work/life balance and you can’t put a price tag on that.
 

gohawks50

Heisman
Dec 28, 2010
3,312
12,354
113
It's sad because since the beginning of internet sports message boards, Iowa has always had a very active OT board. I am a subscriber, but rarely read the articles or spend time in the lounge. I kept my subscription at Rivals to support the new guys when Tom and the others moved to On3. I didn't cancel it last year when the Beacon merged with Hawkeye Report because I appreciated that they kept the OT board free. My subscription renews in January and I see no need to keep it.
 
Aug 5, 2026
341
132
43
The main culprit would make several on the same day and then just burn through them a few weeks later
You could start a pinned thread with a dedicated mod where guys could play grab-*** instead of just starting a group text. Call it something like HROT: After Dark.
 
Tiger Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Linebacker
  2. 02 Tiger Illustrated Football THURSDAY UPDATE: Early surprise player, Our scoop on Clemson - ACC dispute on officiating calls vs. Miami, Positive development on defense
  3. 03 On3 Football SEC considering restoration of transfer portal policy
  4. 04 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Thursday Clemson Football Recruiting Nuggets
  5. 05 Tiger Illustrated Football Recruiting Clemson Football Roster & Recruiting Big Board: Defensive Tackle