Heather Taylor
[email protected]
Sign up below to send a message to Taylor. Since you don't know the personal viewpoint of this Board member with regards to Greg Schiano and the cost of his hiring, I suggest that you focus on indirect benefits of hiring GS for the university, in addition to opportunity costs of not hiring him.
For example:
-decline in endowment due to loss of donors
-decline in USNews&World Report ranking because of loss of donors
-decline in student connection to RU due to a wasteland of a football team
-decline in the RU brand
-decline in number of applications to undergrad programs
-decline in revenue generated by the football program
-other candidates would require less but would likely be replaced in 4 years when the average salary for a subsequent coach would be higher than GS current demands
-there is a prestige element to being part of the Big 10 academically. Like it or not, inclusion in the Big 10 is predicated by a very large investment in football
I will also personally add an anecdote that "going to RU for football games has served as a touchstone to my time as student here. I had brought my young kids here, their friends and the friends' parents for game. That exposure to the campus has had a multiplier effect to another generation and to my personal network of friends. That being said, I have not gone to a RU game this year and will not go to another game if GS isn't hired."
[email protected]
Sign up below to send a message to Taylor. Since you don't know the personal viewpoint of this Board member with regards to Greg Schiano and the cost of his hiring, I suggest that you focus on indirect benefits of hiring GS for the university, in addition to opportunity costs of not hiring him.
For example:
-decline in endowment due to loss of donors
-decline in USNews&World Report ranking because of loss of donors
-decline in student connection to RU due to a wasteland of a football team
-decline in the RU brand
-decline in number of applications to undergrad programs
-decline in revenue generated by the football program
-other candidates would require less but would likely be replaced in 4 years when the average salary for a subsequent coach would be higher than GS current demands
-there is a prestige element to being part of the Big 10 academically. Like it or not, inclusion in the Big 10 is predicated by a very large investment in football
I will also personally add an anecdote that "going to RU for football games has served as a touchstone to my time as student here. I had brought my young kids here, their friends and the friends' parents for game. That exposure to the campus has had a multiplier effect to another generation and to my personal network of friends. That being said, I have not gone to a RU game this year and will not go to another game if GS isn't hired."