Sean Miller & Mike Boynton

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,876
17,756
113
Please no to Boynton. A guy who's 39-51(.433) in conference , and 87-73(.544) overall at Ok St?

Yes, I just don't get the allure of Boynton. He has underwhelmed at OkSt compared to his predecessors.
 

ToddFlanders

Senior
Mar 30, 2007
947
936
93
Boynton’s out. His buyout is $13.5M. Add in that you’d have to pay him $4M a year and it’s way too expensive.

Marshall - $0 buyout; $2M a year. Proven that he’s a better coach (than Miller even - he crushed AZ head to head).
 

okccock

Redshirt
Dec 2, 2013
24
12
3
I know the trendy thing today is to say no Mike Boynton, but I can't agree. I'm 100% in on him - culture changer, will be able to relate to the players... the problem is, his buyout is just too much to justify the actual game % success he's had so far (Tanner with the timing, wtfg!!!)... he could be like Beamer, but Beamer didn't have a $9m buyout.
 

okccock

Redshirt
Dec 2, 2013
24
12
3
Boynton’s out. His buyout is $13.5M. Add in that you’d have to pay him $4M a year and it’s way too expensive.

Marshall - $0 buyout; $2M a year. Proven that he’s a better coach (than Miller even - he crushed AZ head to head).
its only 75% at this point, but still $9m. about $8m too much. I'm still a huge fan of his, though.
 

gary munn

Joined Nov 26, 2008
Nov 26, 2008
43
86
18
Then again we could go with a proven winner at a high level, Greg Marshall. i realize he comes with some past baggage. I feel confident that he has learned his lesson.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina EDGE Dylan Stewart returns to practice
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Baseball Recruiting Why committing to South Carolina was 'the best decision ever' for 2028 SS Cam Rakaczewski
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football The difference between 2-3 and 4-1: A dive into the statistical similarities but key difference between South Carolina and Florida
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Womens Basketball South Carolina women's basketball: Who will win the SEC? Preseason predictions
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Florida coach Jon Sumrall says South Carolina is "best talent team" Florida will have played