same CBS announcers as last week

Kceasthawk@77

All-American
Feb 2, 2005
4,088
7,178
113
Brad Nessler and Charles Davis.
I'm obviously biased and root for the Hawkeyes, but it seemed like Nessler was pulling for Michigan.
Brad Nessler and Charles Davis.
I'm obviously biased and root for the Hawkeyes, but it seemed like Nessler was pulling for Michigan.
Well then I guess he'd be pulling for just this week against OSU?
 
  • Like
Reactions: LaQuintaHawk

BigOHawk1

All-Conference
Oct 27, 2001
542
1,030
93
Maybe it's just me but CBS' production is the best in the biz and I generally like their announcers, replay, pre and post game etc. FOX and FS1 has virtually zero crowd and field noise and they pump in fake noise IMO and it's very un-natural...maybe it's me or my setup yet I prefer CBS and then NBC.
 

Hurricane88

Redshirt
Mar 13, 2024
8
1
3
I don't understand Brad Nessler. He grew up in Southern Minnesota. Went to school in Mankato and then turned into a SEC simp. He has some resentment issues or something.
 

uihawk82

All-Conference
Nov 17, 2021
2,930
4,357
113
Brad Nessler and Charles Davis.
I'm obviously biased and root for the Hawkeyes, but it seemed like Nessler was pulling for Michigan.
Nessler took over the CBS main SEC game from the long time announcer verne lundquist. Lundquist and Nessler will always push the top teams in the conference for future tv games and ratings. We understand that because we are little old Iowa. We dont play big time football. But in the end I thought Nessler and Davis called the game pretty well, they gave Iowa props on their big plays. They were all amazed at Buffington and Montgomery stonewalling Underwood on the QB sneak.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kceasthawk@77

Demger

Senior
Jul 17, 2020
499
709
93
I'm just glad we don't have to listen to Beth Mowens with our ears bleeding....... but really, I'm not excited about these guys at all. It's terrible that we don't have any worthwhile announcers like those who would call multiple Iowa games back in the day......... Keith Jackson, Bob Griese, Dick Vermeil, Brent Musberger. Most of the ones we get now don't know a thing about the team or staff, and it shows.
 
  • Like
Reactions: herkhatescy2
Feb 25, 2008
32,414
31,460
113
Yes, you could sense the lack of excitement on that TD throw.
Dolph probably had the best call of all the ones I heard, and his was decent by his standards. Maybe not one of his all-time greats, but he saw that all the way.

The other calls outside of the student production were probably in stunned disbelief that Iowa actually scored there.
 

HawksRule73

All-Conference
Jun 26, 2025
847
2,130
93
Dolph probably had the best call of all the ones I heard, and his was decent by his standards. Maybe not one of his all-time greats, but he saw that all the way.

The other calls outside of the student production were probably in stunned disbelief that Iowa actually scored there.
Best call was the Iowa student announcers. Highly recommend you find that call!
 

Rambler Hawk

All-Conference
Oct 10, 2001
2,282
3,028
113
Maybe Nessler will devote a little time this week to learning how to pronounce Vonnahme.

Was kind of embarrassing how he referred to Iowa's best TE as "the tight end".
That was so odd….I can see him not knowing the first time, but when he still didn’t know a second time - I was like wtf, is he being serious?!?!😎

1790735487235.gif
 
Aug 14, 2025
361
513
93
I didnt pick up on Nessler or Davis having much bias. If anything I thought Davis was pro-Iowa. I think he picked Iowa in his prediction.
Davis is a huge fan of KF and the Hayden era of Hawkeye football since his days at Tennessee. He was a redshirt when we played them in the Peach Bowl. Said Hayden drew attention and admiration easily, and KF, as OL coach, had turned the Iowa OL from very average to almost mythical status.

At the Cap One contract signing lunch after 2004 season, Davis had great rapport with KF during Q & A, while Saban kept trying too hard to be witty, clever and intelligent.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DuddyB
Aug 30, 2025
183
306
63
They seemed OK to me, but I may switch to listening to WHO for this one. That's not because of Dolph who has left me scratching my head many times, but I'm increasingly impressed by what Pat Angerer adds to the broadcast.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AlvySinger

WCFHawk

Freshman
Jan 11, 2002
45
99
18
Charles Davis is a class act. Nessler has been a good announcer, but the game last weekend was not one of his better games.
 

oldxbbc

All-American
Sep 19, 2013
1,908
7,456
113
Nothing wrong with this crew. Go Hawks! It will be electric at KO, and hopefully the rest of the way!
 

GoB1G

Freshman
Jun 26, 2019
44
68
18
Maybe Nessler will devote a little time this week to learning how to pronounce Vonnahme.

Was kind of embarrassing how he referred to Iowa's best TE as "the tight end".
I think Nessler is the best in the business. I’ll cut him slack on 81’s name. Even our own beat writers mess up our guys’ names. Chad ‘Spitty K’ Salivakow says WEEZ-koff instead of WIZE-koff.
He still struggles and says Va-NAH-may. It’s Voh-NAH-mee. Like Brad Pitt in Inglorious Basterds. Gor…laaaah…me.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: PinkShizzle

Natchrlman2

All-American
Iowa Swarm member
Jan 3, 2023
1,833
5,276
113
I sync the Hawkeye radio network with the game and listen to Dolph and Pat….. I know people complain about Dolph but to me he’s as Iowa as it gets and I figure any year could be his last

I miss Eddie but Pat is doing a great job replacing him
 

PinkShizzle

All-Conference
Jul 9, 2025
2,141
4,828
113
It’s Voh-NAH-mee. Like Brad Pitt in Inglorious Basterds. Gor…laaaah…me.
Brad Pitt Aldo Raine GIF
 
  • Like
Reactions: GoB1G
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Budmayr keeps improvement mindset with receivers
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Tyler Brown out against Ohio State
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Hawkeye Report Podcast
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Olympics Schedule Surveillance: 2026-27 Iowa men's wrestling
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football PFF Deep Dive: Ohio State Buckeyes