Win the NC in year oneWhoever takes over for him whenever he retires will have a loaded roster. Think of Miami when Coker replaced Davis.
Thanks, CovidSaban isn’t retiring no time soon... when he had to quarantine when he had Covid, he said it made him realize how much he missed coaching.
This thread is accurate, because I'm sure that the 17ing Ninja himself will not be able to hire a good coach at the top program in the country...
Well, obviously he'll get a good coach. I don't think there is another saban out there though, so it will be a downgrade
Dabo and Urban Meyer probably are the list at this point. I don't think you can make much of an argument that both have not accomplished more at this point in their careers than Saban had by now. Saban was 55 when he was hired at Alabama. Dabo is 51 and Urban is 56. I'm not sure it would be much of a downgrade at this point... Especially if you plugged either into the machine that Saban built and gave them the cover Saban gets from the SEC office.
I guess Urban would be the bigger risk as he seems to keep torpedoing himself, but both have given Saban fits on the field and have built powerhouses themselves.
Dream on. People have been saying Saban’s leaving Alabama soon ever since his 2nd year there. It wasn’t happening then & it’s not happening now. I figure he’s got 5-8 more years in him. All at Alabama.
Dabo and Urban Meyer probably are the list at this point. I don't think you can make much of an argument that both have not accomplished more at this point in their careers than Saban had by now. Saban was 55 when he was hired at Alabama. Dabo is 51 and Urban is 56. I'm not sure it would be much of a downgrade at this point... Especially if you plugged either into the machine that Saban built and gave them the cover Saban gets from the SEC office.
I guess Urban would be the bigger risk as he seems to keep torpedoing himself, but both have given Saban fits on the field and have built powerhouses themselves.
After he wins the NC this year I won't be surprised if he retires. A&M and Florida will probably be in the SEC championship next year. I see the winds of change coming to the SEC.
After he wins the NC this year I won't be surprised if he retires. A&M and Florida will probably be in the SEC championship next year. I see the winds of change coming to the SEC.
Well, doesn't seem that he has much of a life other than coarching, and maybe cutting back the trees and stuff in his yard and telling his daughter not to spend money on that damn dress, so wtf
Or LSU after Saban himself left.Whoever takes over for him whenever he retires will have a loaded roster. Think of Miami when Coker replaced Davis.
A&M?
They're losing Mond & others. I think they'll be middle of the road.
It won't matter who takes over. It will be like when he left LSU. His recruiting system is in place so the recruits will keep coming. Boosters will still be there.
Rivals Football Recruiting
WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
Maroon and White Football Recruiting
JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
Maroon and White Baseball
Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
Maroon and White Football Recruiting
"Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
Maroon and White Football
Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?