Rooting for Pitt or Virginia Tech on Friday night?

saturdaysarebetter

All-Conference
Jun 19, 2018
1,024
1,469
131
Remember the t-shirt that read: My two favorite teams are Penn State and whoever is playing Pitt? Is that the case on Friday night? suffer.gif
 
  • Like
Reactions: djnitt

MtNittany

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
3,809
5,363
113
 

BCS PSU

All-Conference
Jun 2, 2001
1,363
2,308
113
Most people that wanted James gone don't hate him...they just wanted a change.
I couldn't care less who wins. The game has zero impact on Penn State.
Neither of those two teams are very good though if we're being honest.
I haven't watched VT this season, but I think that this is Pitt's best team since 2021.
 

Midnighter

Heisman
Jan 22, 2021
12,755
21,187
113
VT. I wouldn't root for Pitt is they were playing OSU.

How could you possibly root against a Pennsylvania guy with a Penn State heart? Easily - go Pitt (actually, never had an issue with Pitt and as a Western PA guy I liked watching them since they always had a lot of WPIAL guys on the team). Honestly don’t care much either way.
 

Catch1lion

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
4,241
7,202
113
VT loss in a 4 qtr meltdown . Pitt will fall on their own sword at a later date .
Think it’s the first or certainly a rare meeting between two unranked P-4 teams that are both 4-0.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: G3624

BeerLion

Senior
Oct 12, 2021
353
762
93
I will pull for VT. I really don't care who Pitt plays, I will never be on their side. Still makes smile when they loose. I will actually record Pitt games so when they loose, I will watch the replay. It is almost as fun as watching a PSU win.
 

Binder74

Senior
Nov 1, 2021
477
834
93
It will be interesting to see if Franklin’s inability to close out games will follow him to Blacksburg. Who knows?

Also, full disclosure: Franklin and I both graduated Neshaminy HS. How this factors into my feelings about Franklin I have no idea, so don’t ask. ;)
Did you tutor him in the math required for deciding when to go for it on 4th down?
 

PSUFBFAN

All-Conference
Oct 7, 2021
1,600
4,054
113
IMO PSU was right to fire Franklin but I bear him no ill will. I hope he succeeds wherever he goes.
A successful JF at VT isn't a good thing for Penn State. The optics of JF winning more games at VT than MC winning at PS isn't going to help us at all. Plus, JF will lock down recruiting in the VA/MD area - while MC is out chasing kids in Iowa and Nebraska.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
  2. 02 BWI Football In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State Defensive Film Thread: Reviewing the Gory Details of a 400-Yard Rushing Performance
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State has an identity problem. Matt Campbell knows fixing it starts with him
  5. 05 BWI Football First Impressions from Penn State's embarrassing 34-13 loss at Northwestern