Rivalry Week Opponents in Big12

WVU_Dave

Junior
Jan 6, 2008
49,079
294
83
We seem to have a different opponent every year and I'm curious why the league doesn't at least try to establish some consistency for the one-offs like us, once the existing rivalries are scheduled. In a perfect world, I'd assume:
  • Existing:
    • UofA vs. ASU
    • BYU vs. Utah
    • KU vs. KSU
  • Possibilities
    • OSU vs. TTU (border state Us)
    • Baylor vs. TCU (Texas private schools)
    • WVU vs. UofC (land grants)
    • UH vs. UC (city schools)
    • UCF bs. ISU (leftovers, lol)
Thoughts? (I get UC vs. WVU is probably better for fans, but would rather see us with a state university rival)
 

Bronco-eer

Redshirt
May 29, 2001
6,249
17
0
We seem to have a different opponent every year and I'm curious why the league doesn't at least try to establish some consistency for the one-offs like us, once the existing rivalries are scheduled. In a perfect world, I'd assume:
  • Existing:
    • UofA vs. ASU
    • BYU vs. Utah
    • KU vs. KSU
  • Possibilities
    • OSU vs. TTU (border state Us)
    • Baylor vs. TCU (Texas private schools)
    • WVU vs. UofC (land grants)
    • UH vs. UC (city schools)
    • UCF bs. ISU (leftovers, lol)
Thoughts? (I get UC vs. WVU is probably better for fans, but would rather see us with a state university rival)
The B12 needs to be like the SEC, 8 conference game, a cupcake near the end of season and all rivalry games, in conference or out, the last week. WVU /pitt not cincy
 
WV Sports

Latest

  1. 01 WV Sports Game Preview: West Virginia football vs. Arizona
  2. 02 WV Sports Football You might remember these Wildcats when they were once WVU recruiting targets
  3. 03 WV Sports Football Zac Alley: West Virginia defense more talented than it's shown
  4. 04 WV Sports Football WVU's Amare Grayson breaks down Arizona's defensive pressure
  5. 05 WV Sports Football Recruiting 2028 DL Kyree Mitchell talks West Virginia offer