Rivalry Week Opponents in Big12

WVU_Dave

Junior
Jan 6, 2008
49,079
294
83
We seem to have a different opponent every year and I'm curious why the league doesn't at least try to establish some consistency for the one-offs like us, once the existing rivalries are scheduled. In a perfect world, I'd assume:
  • Existing:
    • UofA vs. ASU
    • BYU vs. Utah
    • KU vs. KSU
  • Possibilities
    • OSU vs. TTU (border state Us)
    • Baylor vs. TCU (Texas private schools)
    • WVU vs. UofC (land grants)
    • UH vs. UC (city schools)
    • UCF bs. ISU (leftovers, lol)
Thoughts? (I get UC vs. WVU is probably better for fans, but would rather see us with a state university rival)
 

Bronco-eer

Redshirt
May 29, 2001
6,249
17
0
We seem to have a different opponent every year and I'm curious why the league doesn't at least try to establish some consistency for the one-offs like us, once the existing rivalries are scheduled. In a perfect world, I'd assume:
  • Existing:
    • UofA vs. ASU
    • BYU vs. Utah
    • KU vs. KSU
  • Possibilities
    • OSU vs. TTU (border state Us)
    • Baylor vs. TCU (Texas private schools)
    • WVU vs. UofC (land grants)
    • UH vs. UC (city schools)
    • UCF bs. ISU (leftovers, lol)
Thoughts? (I get UC vs. WVU is probably better for fans, but would rather see us with a state university rival)
The B12 needs to be like the SEC, 8 conference game, a cupcake near the end of season and all rivalry games, in conference or out, the last week. WVU /pitt not cincy
 
WV Sports

Latest

  1. 01 WV Sports Football Rich Rodriguez press conference summary: 9-29
  2. 02 WV Sports WATCH: Rich Rodriguez, WVU coaches and players preview Iowa State
  3. 03 WV Sports Football Recruiting 2028 OL Roman Maurizio enjoys stop at West Virginia
  4. 04 WV Sports Ben Cutter looks for WVU defense to respond against Iowa State
  5. 05 WV Sports Football Rich Rodriguez provides update on JaCorey Thomas and NaQuari Rogers