Original monster of the Midway, legendary NFLer
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2023/10/5/23905541/bears-legend-dick-butkus-dies-at-age-80
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bears/2023/10/5/23905541/bears-legend-dick-butkus-dies-at-age-80
0-3 against Michigan, 0-2-1 against OSU. Won the Rose Bowl in 1963, as a junior.I hope he ripped up michigan back then.
Today's broadcasters don't give a hoot about the sports Legends. Remember what the NFL Network did during the Franco Harris tribute....went to commercial. The networks are a bunch of whores.I am watching the Bears/Commanders game, it's almost halftime and I haven't heard 1 mention of Dick Butkus passing. Maybe I missed something very earlier (I don't think so). I don't get it. How can they not talk about one of the all time greats when the Bears are playing?
The late 60s NFL was blessed with great middle linebackers.
Sam Huff, Ray Nietschke (sorry for the misspelling), Myron Pottios, Mike Lucci and the best of them all ... Dick Butkus.
He defined the Chicago Bears.
Rest In Peace
When QBs were rag dolls.Butkus laughed at targeting.
BWI Football
Behind Enemy Lines: Lincoln Riley under pressure as USC heads to Penn State
BWI Football
BWI Staff Chat - Penn State White Out Week
BWI Football
Top Penn State takes from USC week: Causes for concern and a reason for hope a day before kickoff
BWI Football
Did anything change on the Penn State-USC Thursday availability reports? Learn the latest here
BWI Basketball
Mike Rhoades explains Penn State's offseason roster overhaul at Big Ten Media Days