RIP CL

dogmatic

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
398
0
0
Yep. You'd think the time to test the pay-wall method of website monetization would have been before you ran off every writer people would pay to read.
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,726
12,493
113
I replaced the bookmark with Sun Herald, Jackson Jambalaya, and the MS feed from AP. On Twitter I started following all of those plus the metro tv stations. I haven't missed CL at all. The blogs are still there for those that want updates from Marcello and others.
 

FlabLoser

Redshirt
Aug 20, 2006
10,709
0
0
Give Jackson Free Press a chance.

I know they have a wack liberal editorial staff, which makes the not the....well, wait, they are the same as the CL. Anyway, their local news coverage is OK. Nobody around is complete, but they had good stuff the CL never had.
 

baybulldogs

Redshirt
Aug 27, 2012
4
0
0
Download Google Chrome if you don't already have it. Right click any news article link and open in incognito window to bypass the subscription offer.
 

was21

Senior
May 29, 2007
10,007
636
113
I replaced the bookmark with Sun Herald, Jackson Jambalaya, and the MS feed from AP. On Twitter I started following all of those plus the metro tv stations. I haven't missed CL at all. The blogs are still there for those that want updates from Marcello and others.

Sun Herald is a terrible newspaper and not much coverage of Mississippi State athletics for sure unless it's some bad news.
 

Felonious Junk

All-Conference
Oct 23, 2008
1,887
1,264
113
Download Google Chrome if you don't already have it. Right click any news article link and open in incognito window to bypass the subscription offer.

you can also clear your cache and delete cookies when the wall says youve run out of free articles.
 
Sep 15, 2009
500
293
63
Easy way to bypass the pay wall - All you have to do is copy the title of the article and paste into google. Then click the link to the article from Google and you can read away. I only read the MSU stuff there anyway, but this is how I do it. It will put a message on bottom of the article that this is your last article, but I have been doing this for weeks.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  2. 02 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  5. 05 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS