Sad...had not heard anything about this... another that dies too youngAwful news. I didn't even know he was sick! RIP
Agree 100%. He was my favorite, while growing upWow.. Sad.
For my age, one of my first real memorable guys along with Derek Hord.
Wow. So sad. I had missed the news he was sick.Just read on wlex website that he died of cancer. RIP big guy
We live in an age where most athletes look like him, or even bigger. But you have to understand how much of a freak he was for the time compared to his competition.
![]()
![]()
Also, F U cancer
He was my first UK hero. God Bless you Sir Charles.
I think you're referring to James Lee.I'll always remember his "statement dunk" in the closing seconds of the Cats 78 national championship win over Duke .
May you rest in peace Charles
Charles wasn't on the 1978 team. His first year was on the 79-80 team. RIP Charles.I'll always remember his "statement dunk" in the closing seconds of the Cats 78 national championship win over Duke .
May you rest in peace Charles
We live in an age where most athletes look like him, or even bigger. But you have to understand how much of a freak he was for the time compared to his competition.
![]()
![]()
Also, F U cancer
KSR
KSR Show, 10/7: Ask Anything Wednesday, Pro Day, LSU prep, and more
KSR
KSR Today: The Power K is BACK!
KSR Football
LOOK: Kentucky unveils the Power K Uniforms
KSR Basketball
UK Pro Day was a 'really, really positive day' for Kentucky basketball
KSR Basketball
KSR's top takeaways from Kentucky Basketball Pro Day 2026