Randle in the MVP convo?!

CELTICAT

Heisman
May 21, 2002
19,395
19,330
113
I don't play the I-told-you-so game, but I posted a few months back that he was flirting with First Team All NBA level stats. Someone immediately poo-poo'd that suggestion. I think he's a shoe-in for first team all league at this point, and should absolutely be in the conversation for MVP. Look at that roster, and what's he turned them into.
 

RoyKent

Heisman
Feb 3, 2015
23,030
33,365
66
He's been amazing this year. He won't win it but he'll probably finish in the top 8-10 or so.
 

Yardeth

Heisman
Jan 2, 2007
13,546
17,852
67
As long as the Knicks keep winning and heading to the playoffs he will stay in contention. But, he won’t win it this year.
 

germuk

Heisman
May 14, 2009
6,622
10,669
113
I don't play the I-told-you-so game, but I posted a few months back that he was flirting with First Team All NBA level stats. Someone immediately poo-poo'd that suggestion. I think he's a shoe-in for first team all league at this point, and should absolutely be in the conversation for MVP. Look at that roster, and what's he turned them into.
The only forwards I think that are definitely ahead of him are Kawhi and Paul George. Durant and Lebron probably still make it ahead of him but it’ll depend on how they vote due to how many games they missed.

Worst case scenario he probably lands on 3rd team with Butler

And Giannis. Duh. Can’t believe I forgot him. He’s first team with Kawhi probably
 

CELTICAT

Heisman
May 21, 2002
19,395
19,330
113
The only forwards I think that are definitely ahead of him are Kawhi and Paul George. Durant and Lebron probably still make it ahead of him but it’ll depend on how they vote due to how many games they missed.

Worst case scenario he probably lands on 3rd team with Butler

And Giannis. Duh. Can’t believe I forgot him. He’s first team with Kawhi probably

Blowing up in New York makes weird things happen. Lebron got robbed of a unanimous MVP just because Carmello had a great season and the knicks made the playoffs. Jeremy Lin was a thing. They won't hesitate to ignore established stars on the West Coast or in Mid-Markets just to felate NYC.
 

KentuckyCat420

Heisman
Sep 16, 2006
39,164
29,283
72
He should seriously win it if it was ever truly about being the most VALUABLE player. The Knicks are total dog$hit without him and everyone else in consideration plays on a team that would still make the playoffs without them.
 

UK90

Heisman
Dec 30, 2007
31,460
27,816
0
Really incredible season he’s having. I knew Julius had the makings of a very good NBA player, but I never knew he could be THIS good.

He’s reached legit superstar status and very much deserves to be in the MVP conversation.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: DudahUK

DudahUK

Heisman
Jul 23, 2020
8,830
13,519
113
Really incredible season he’s having. I knew Julius had the makings of a very good NBA player, but I never knew he could be THIS good.

He’s reached true superstar status and very much deserves to be in the MVP conversation.
Same here.
 

*Bleedingblue*

Heisman
Mar 5, 2009
41,960
34,433
113
I def think Randle is 1st team worthy with his total stats. Also Jokic, Luka Doncic, Russell westbrook
 
Jul 9, 2004
93,075
38,060
0
Julius is also shooting 80% from the line and nearly 42% from 3. Giannis is nowhere near either of those stats, but does have a higher eFG% because he shoots 63% inside the arc vs 48% for Julius. Slight correction to the above poster. Giannis is averaging 28.5 points per game. Still great, but not over 30.

Giannis does have the advantage in both PER and WS
 

fatguy87

All-American
Oct 8, 2004
13,764
9,093
0
Randle's shooting efficiency isn't high enough to be in the conversation for MVP, but I'm thrilled he's seeing success.

TS% for MVP candidates:

Jokic - 64.5
Curry - 66.2
Embiid - 63.8
Giannis - 63.3

Randle - 57.1

Randle's shooting efficiency is too low for his role. If you aren't a do everything ball handler, you need to be a monster around the rim and/or an efficient shooter to be in the hunt. I'd love to see him get hot and get that efficiency up for the season.
 

DudahUK

Heisman
Jul 23, 2020
8,830
13,519
113
Randle's shooting efficiency isn't high enough to be in the conversation for MVP, but I'm thrilled he's seeing success.

TS% for MVP candidates:

Jokic - 64.5
Curry - 66.2
Embiid - 63.8
Giannis - 63.3

Randle - 57.1

Randle's shooting efficiency is too low for his role. If you aren't a do everything ball handler, you need to be a monster around the rim and/or an efficient shooter to be in the hunt. I'd love to see him get hot and get that efficiency up for the season.
He’s shooting over 40 percent from 3, I would call that efficient as F.

Edit: I really don’t want Embiid to win, like at all. Hate that guy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rupp876

blueshark

Senior
Apr 17, 2004
253
701
0
If the Knicks keep winning, he’s got a really good shot at second team all-NBA. I think he’s a lock for MIP. It’s one of the bigger leaps I can remember in a single year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DudahUK

akaukswoosh

Hall of Famer
Jan 14, 2006
82,289
126,619
93
I’m really debating on bandwagoning the Knicks as my new squad. Have no ties in the nba other than following my UK guys around the league but Randle, Noel and my fav IQ with KP behind the scenes...I might ride out with knicks this year. It was The Heat last year for me.
I'm definitely a superficial fair-weather fan when it comes to the NBA. It's the Knicks now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BassProCat

Mr.Jones

Sophomore
Oct 12, 2020
49
145
33
You take away Randle's production away from the knicks and see what their record would be, i can guarantee it would be as miserable as last years, that's how valuable he is.
 

Gassy_Knowls

Hall of Famer
Mar 24, 2019
19,034
102,980
0
I’m really debating on bandwagoning the Knicks as my new squad. Have no ties in the nba other than following my UK guys around the league but Randle, Noel and my fav IQ with KP behind the scenes...I might ride out with knicks this year. It was The Heat last year for me.

I thought about it too. But free agency will kill that. In a year there will maybe be 1 cat on the team
 
  • Like
Reactions: BassProCat

Nubb16

Heisman
Jun 30, 2005
128,718
10,043
67
Probably won’t win it, but he should absolutely be a finalist for it. Knicks are trash without him. Probably my favorite Cal Cat ever. Dude was all heart and hustle and sacrificed his body for this university while he was here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rupp876 and DudahUK
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football LIVE BLOG: No. 24 Kentucky at South Carolina
  2. 02 KSR Basketball Big Blue Madness Recap + Mason Williams | Sources Say
  3. 03 KSR Football Five Things You Need to Know About the South Carolina Gamecocks
  4. 04 KSR Football The KSR Pregame Show is live from Fan Fest in Lexington
  5. 05 KSR Football Cole Cubelic Shares Good News and Bad News for Kentucky-South Carolina