Power inverter

May 29, 2001
40,500
631
0
So our neighborhood just had an auction and I got liquored up and bought a power inverter. I think I got one heckuva deal but what the hell do I use it for? Do you hook it up to a battery and plug stuff in from there?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Orange Jennyslipper

Dally1up

Heisman
Jun 29, 2001
11,151
24,838
113
Run an air compressor from your cigarette lighter! Doesn't get much better.
 

csh

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
16,036
3,279
113
So our neighborhood just had an auction and I got liquored up and bought a power inverter. I think I got one heckuva deal but what the hell do I use it for? Do you hook it up to a battery and plug stuff in from there?
Yeah, pretty much. There's wattage limits and stuff to pay attention to, but if you overdo it I'm sure a fuse or something will pop.
 

ctrawick

Senior
Nov 30, 2008
5,857
873
0
So you need to hook it up to a battery? How much can you plug in to a 2000w inverter?

What do you exactly mean by an inverter? When we moved back from Europe I brought a treadmill and a few other electronics back with us. I had to purchased an "inverter" if you will to make the change from 110 to 220 along with the difference in herts (I believe).

Or are you talking ac to dc?
 
May 29, 2001
40,500
631
0
I think it converts 12v to 110. I dunno. I may be just throwing out numbers.

I just want to watch nekkid movies at the tailgates.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ctrawick
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  2. 02 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers