Player You Hated

NYC-Husker

Senior
Mar 8, 2007
595
457
63
97 Bobby, maybe. Not the post injury Bobby.

Agreed, I guess I should have specified, I was referring to pre-injury Bobby Newcombe.

He was lighting in a bottle that first year, I believe he had a PR for a TD versus Missouri in 1997, and a handful of other big plays that year, as well. He was still solid later in his career, but never had the same lateral quickness or straight-line speed IMO.
 

cubsker_rivals142943

All-Conference
May 29, 2003
18,603
3,797
0
Agreed, I guess I should have specified, I was referring to pre-injury Bobby Newcombe.

He was lighting in a bottle that first year, I believe he had a PR for a TD versus Missouri in 1997, and a handful of other big plays that year, as well. He was still solid later in his career, but never had the same lateral quickness or straight-line speed IMO.

For sure. Just saw his punt return TD in TO's last game on Twitter a few days ago. He was an incredible athlete.
 
Inside Nebraska

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Nebraska Football Injury updates for Jamal Rule & Jacory Barney? Not yet, says Matt Rhule, and he explains why
  2. 02 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska-Indiana kickoff time, TV info announced
  3. 03 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska HC Matt Rhule previews Maryland at game week press conference
  4. 04 High School Football Nebraska 5-star QB commit Trae Taylor goes off in win over Millard South
  5. 05 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions