OT: Sous Vide cooking

Sep 27, 2006
20,274
23,340
0

argofax

Junior
Nov 29, 2015
236
228
43
I'm hoping you mean 15 minutes in the broiler?



I swear that with sous vide everything comes out perfect

I've done salmon in it a few times. Did boneless chicken breast & skirt steak last week.
I did mean 15 minutes in the broiler. Funny thing, I woke up the next day after posting that and wondered if anyone would question that I did not specify minutes or hours.
 

FastMJ

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
34,004
6,748
68
Is there any concern about the plastic bags leeching toxins into the food?
 
Sep 27, 2006
20,274
23,340
0
Just finished a pork loin in the sous vide. Put a dry rub of brown sugar, paprika, onion & garlic powder, salt & dry mustard. Added a couple of drops of liquid smoke. Came out perfect.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Brandin Knight takes over Rutgers basketball while Steve Pikiell battles cancer
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 High School Football Prediction: Can Bergen Catholic (N.J.) run the table in the 2nd half of the season?
  4. 04 The Knight Report WAR ROOM: Latest Recruit Scoop and Team News on Rutgers Athletics
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball talks Big Ten Media Days on BTN