OT: Sous Vide cooking

Sep 27, 2006
20,274
23,340
0

argofax

Junior
Nov 29, 2015
236
228
43
I'm hoping you mean 15 minutes in the broiler?



I swear that with sous vide everything comes out perfect

I've done salmon in it a few times. Did boneless chicken breast & skirt steak last week.
I did mean 15 minutes in the broiler. Funny thing, I woke up the next day after posting that and wondered if anyone would question that I did not specify minutes or hours.
 

FastMJ

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
34,004
6,748
68
Is there any concern about the plastic bags leeching toxins into the food?
 
Sep 27, 2006
20,274
23,340
0
Just finished a pork loin in the sous vide. Put a dry rub of brown sugar, paprika, onion & garlic powder, salt & dry mustard. Added a couple of drops of liquid smoke. Came out perfect.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Baseball Transfer Portal Profile: RHP Ryan Mealy
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 On3 Football ESPN updates FPI rankings for each Big Ten football team after Week 5
  4. 04 The Knight Report 2026-27 Rutgers Basketball Schedule: Dates, Opponents, & TV
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Women's Basketball talks Big Ten Media Days on BTN