OT - MS Coding Academy

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,420
8,844
113
Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Is it a good route for a young person?

 

Dawghouse

All-Conference
Sep 14, 2011
1,194
1,086
113
I know one of the board members (MSU alum). It's a legit non profit operation to help close the tech gap in MS and help underprivileged kids (it's open to all I believe).

I don't know much other than what I've heard from him but I'd be on board with anything he's leading, great man. They've had a lot of success so far.
 

FQDawg

Senior
May 1, 2006
3,076
618
113
Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Is it a good route for a young person?

I’ve heard really good things about it. From what I understand, it’s a great opportunity for people who might not be able to make college work for whatever reason.

I think one of the computer science professors at State helped get it off the ground a few years back.

ETA - Found this. It’s a couple years old but it might be helpful.

 
Last edited:

Duke Humphrey

All-Conference
Oct 3, 2013
2,771
1,931
113
It’s very good to get a base level of a skill and entry level work, which might be all someone needs or wants, but it also could propel into an associates degree from a CJC or a more highly specialized certificate/training on specific software/platform.

MSU is doing a ton of work in this area from k-12 curriculum, pathway agreements with CJCs, certificate training, the new bachelors of applied sciences and the new Cybersecurity and Technology Center built on base at Keesler in partnership with the Air Force
 

Shmuley

Heisman
Mar 6, 2008
24,326
12,304
113
Can you imagine the prom at that school?

 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama