That rut map you can back up about 2 weeks and that will be accurate. At least it is in my area.
I think people confuse rut and pre-rut. When you see chasing thats pre-rut, she is being a tease and ain't ready. During the rut the does are ready for some lovin' and they aint leaving the bedroom.
My wife has been in pre-rut for years now... When you gonna post the calendar for the marriage rut? I have been baiting with wine and Sir Mix-a-Lot, but no luck. Contemplating going out west to a paid hunt ranch I heard about in Nevada.
Probably an old wound that is healed over...I passed on a buck this past weekend that had a growth on it's chest about the size of a volleyball. Wth was that and does that buck need to be taken out of the herd?
I passed on a buck this past weekend that had a growth on it's chest about the size of a volleyball. Wth was that and does that buck need to be taken out of the herd?
I just can't sign off on that ... I've watched moon phase and deer movement for almost 50 years and have learned there is a definite effect. Full moon means I climb into my stand around 10:30 - 11:00 am and hunt till about 3:30 unless it's during the rut and then all bets are off. Anything less than 75% full I hunt during the normal am / pm hours ... I think the radio collar thing shows they move around some but I would bet it's mostly with-in their bedding area.
to shoot a gun, unless you have good neighbors.
Rivals Basketball Recruiting
5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
Maroon and White
Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
Maroon and White
Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
Rivals Basketball Recruiting
Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar