OT: Another projected Shortage: Chlorine

SheltonChoked

Redshirt
Feb 27, 2008
1,786
0
0
I've been told that chlorine for Pools will be hard to get this summer.

If you need some, get it now.
 

The Fatboy

Senior
Oct 18, 2005
2,782
744
83
Sounds like the chlorine tablet industry is taking a page from the toilet paper industry and creating a shortage to drive up prices. Get rich!
 

dawgenstein

Redshirt
Mar 3, 2008
234
17
18
I've been told that chlorine for Pools will be hard to get this summer.

If you need some, get it now.
Hurricanes Laura (August 2020) and Delta (October 2020) that went through Lake Charles wiped out 1 of the 2 major chlorine production plants in the United States. I’m told it was completely destroyed. My pool guy warned me in January they were already seeing a shortage then.
 

LBCJ5

Redshirt
Aug 26, 2006
80
2
0
Just glad I can hang a left and go around the corner to Guh-nay-duh Lake and jump in and ain't got to worry about that stuff.
 

BobSacamano

Freshman
Aug 23, 2012
292
57
28
Not a problem. Use bleach. It’s the same thing as your pool store chlorine. And it’s cheaper.
 

SheltonChoked

Redshirt
Feb 27, 2008
1,786
0
0
Not a problem. Use bleach. It’s the same thing as your pool store chlorine. And it’s cheaper.

If you start with bleach, you'll need stabilizer to keep it in the water. Otherwise, the sun will zap it out quick.

But if you have been using Tabs, you probably have too much stabilizer already.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four