NU vs Illinois - 2nd Half Thread

vmloza34

Redshirt
May 31, 2017
95
0
0
NU keeps it within single digits. Hopefully the offense can break out in the 2nd half.
 

GatoLouco

Junior
Nov 13, 2019
5,722
221
63
Slowly creeping into the same story of recent games: illusion that we are still in the game, slowly seeing the other team opening a lead. Fairly early in the 2nd half realizing we are done.
 

EagerFan

Junior
Dec 24, 2010
3,316
284
83
Cats are doing damage to both teams here. Nice little run then two give aways. Kofi on the bench with three fouls.
 

NUCat320

Senior
Dec 4, 2005
19,469
495
0
That block by Nance followed by the Jones ‘own goal’ kind of feels like the entire season in 3 seconds.
 

EagerFan

Junior
Dec 24, 2010
3,316
284
83
7:12 and the game is starting to slip away. lolinois made some contested threes and NU missed some. It ain’t over yet, but cats have to do better.
 

rwhitney014

Junior
Dec 5, 2007
5,284
275
47
Underwood has been turning around and complaining to his assistants a whole heck of a lot.

Oh, and Lovie left early.
 

EagerFan

Junior
Dec 24, 2010
3,316
284
83
I’ve got to say, this is the first time I’ve seen lolinois this year. I’m amazed they’ve won many games. I assume this isn’t how bad they usually are?
 

CappyNU

Senior
Mar 2, 2004
5,351
666
113
I’ve got to say, this is the first time I’ve seen lolinois this year. I’m amazed they’ve won many games. I assume this isn’t how bad they usually are?
They've been winning with defense all year, their offense is easily the worst of the top half of the conference. Playing us helps...
 

EagerFan

Junior
Dec 24, 2010
3,316
284
83
Their defense didn’t look good tonight. They played well in some runs, but generally my feeling from the game is they got lucky.
Cats missed too FTs along with shots in general.
 

Hungry Jack

All-American
Nov 17, 2008
39,802
7,427
67
I told my BFF and Illini grad that I thought Kofi Cockburn would eat somebody tonight, maybe the entire team. He is such a beast.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Fearless Forecast: Ball State vs. Northwestern
  2. 02 On3 NIL Northwestern agrees to 10-year extension on Under Armour deal, will receive increased NIL investment
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Media Day Notebook: Northwestern hungry to rebuild with 11 new players on roster
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Grades Analysis
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Behind Enemy Lines: Ball State