North Carolina Scandal Etc

Bodvar Bjarki

Senior
Oct 11, 2015
696
630
0
They did take responsbility. Have you seen the 70+ academic reforms they put in place? Why would they impose penalties on their teams? NONE of them were alleged to have broken any rules. Every single allegation in the (previous) NOA is against academics. Not one of the allegations is against a sports team/coach. Syracuse had coaches involved and players who were alleged to have been ineligible in their NOA. Not the same for UNC.
 

OldRed

All-Conference
Jun 7, 2001
18,040
4,687
113
They did take responsbility. Have you seen the 70+ academic reforms they put in place? Why would they impose penalties on their teams? NONE of them were alleged to have broken any rules. Every single allegation in the (previous) NOA is against academics. Not one of the allegations is against a sports team/coach. Syracuse had coaches involved and players who were alleged to have been ineligible in their NOA. Not the same for UNC*********.
You are the biggest idiot I have ever seen post on Cats Illustrated. Your teams did cheat. It doesn't matter if you have the NCAA in your back pocket. You are a bunch of cheaters who don't deserve any respect. Your Carolina Way represents cheating and covering up. Your basketball program is the essence of a program that would do anything to win, including cheating. You've prostituted your University's reputation to get wins in the same way that UL used prostitutes to achieve the same end. There is little difference between you two. Neither has any honor or any shame. Bradley shameless Bethel represents all that is wrong with the student athlete concept. You have no shame when it comes to claiming that these "student athletes" got an education. No show classes, heels for wheels, jobs for slut mothers. Your University is corrupt to the core.
 

BBUK_anon

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
52,358
124,843
0
What a sad, sad, little person you are.

I am not much on describing posters as I probably have a face for radio but this guy has to be one creepy person in more ways than one. His good is bad and others bad is good.
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
They did take responsbility. Have you seen the 70+ academic reforms they put in place? Why would they impose penalties on their teams? NONE of them were alleged to have broken any rules. Every single allegation in the (previous) NOA is against academics. Not one of the allegations is against a sports team/coach. Syracuse had coaches involved and players who were alleged to have been ineligible in their NOA. Not the same for UNC.

I am talking about the honor code. I am talking about basic common sense, right and wrong, ethics, etc Clear and undeniable cheating occurred frequently to keep athletes eligible. NOBODY with a brain can deny that.

Everyone on this board needs to do some basic research on diploma mills. Crowder took the diploma mill model and adapted it to UNC. I recall, in particular, that Ed Cota received credits for a class that he took in HS to be eligible for UNC. He never attended a single class but did show up on the last day to turn in a paper. Sound familiar?
 
Last edited:

BurpinTurpin_rivals209459

All-Conference
Mar 20, 2009
4,084
1,091
0
You are the biggest idiot I have ever seen post on Cats Illustrated. Your teams did cheat. It doesn't matter if you have the NCAA in your back pocket. You are a bunch of cheaters who don't deserve any respect. Your Carolina Way represents cheating and covering up. Your basketball program is the essence of a program that would do anything to win, including cheating. You've prostituted your University's reputation to get wins in the same way that UL used prostitutes to achieve the same end. There is little difference between you two. Neither has any honor or any shame. Bradley shameless Bethel represents all that is wrong with the student athlete concept. You have no shame when it comes to claiming that these "student athletes" got an education. No show classes, heels for wheels, jobs for slut mothers. Your University is corrupt to the core.
[laughing] Give it to 'em, Red! :boxing:
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
I am not much on describing posters as I probably have a face for radio but this guy has to be one creepy person in more ways than one. His good is bad and others bad is good.

Yeah, my mental image of Bobbi definitely has a "Creanish" quality about it. Make no mistake, Crean definitely creeps me out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BBUK

lkc1021

All-Conference
Apr 12, 2007
6,985
1,650
0
They did take responsbility. Have you seen the 70+ academic reforms they put in place? Why would they impose penalties on their teams? NONE of them were alleged to have broken any rules. Every single allegation in the (previous) NOA is against academics. Not one of the allegations is against a sports team/coach. Syracuse had coaches involved and players who were alleged to have been ineligible in their NOA. Not the same for UNC.


Bobby,
I am sure no rules were broken when you had 10 of Roy's players on the 2005 Championship team taking the fake AFAM classes. What about Roy's assistant he brought from Kansas directing the basketball players to these fake classes? What about McCants making the Deans list by taking 4 fake classes when he was about to flunk out. The NCAA should just move on. Nothing to see here.
 

saxonburgcat

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2012
4,437
4,151
0
Yeah, my mental image of Bobbi definitely has a "Creanish" quality about it. Make no mistake, Crean definitely creeps me out.

Bobbi is Bethel and, yeah, talk to the folks in Ohio. He is CREEPY!!! I watched the interview he did for his big documentary and thought that this guy should never be around children.
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
PackPride is doing some interesting digging in the document dump from UNC. One of the documents shows that 37 of 105 football players were diagnosed as learning disabled or ADD. Since 85 players are on scholarship, it isn't too difficult to figure out that almost half of the football team would struggle to do college level work.

There is also an email concerning a DRAM class in which Professor Williams told the athletes that if they were going to leave the class after a coach checked attendance that they shoudn't bother coming. The professor went on to explain that she didn't keep attendance and going to class was optional anyway.

Seriously, how in the world does anyone consider UNC a good school when crap like this was going on??? I have several degrees and I never had classes like this! At least this explains why some college grads are so clueless and seemingly uneducated.
 
Last edited:
Mar 1, 2015
646
47
0
PackPride is doing some interesting digging in the document dump from UNC. One of the documents shows that 37 of 105 football players were diagnosed as learning disabled or ADD. Since 85 players are on scholarship, it isn't too difficult to figure out that almost half of the football team would struggle to do college level work.

There is also an email concerning a DRAM class in which Professor Williams told the athletes that if they were going to leave the class after a coach checked attendance that they shoudn't bother coming. The professor went on to explain that she didn't keep attendance and going to class was optional anyway.

Seriously, how in the world does anyone consider UNC a good school when crap like this was going on??? I have several degrees and I never had classes like this! At least this explains why some college grads are so clueless and seemingly uneducated.

Just a couple of things. One, how many LD or AD(H)D players does UK, or State, or etc. have on their football team? Surely you did that research before you threw out UNC's numbers, implying it was a lot. Second, how many classes in college did you go to that took attendance? It's not high school, very few professors/TAs give you a grade for just showing up. Most professors tend to base a students grade off of how well they grasped the concepts/how good they are at applying the concepts/etc., not if they just showed up to class. If the professor thinks having players getting up to leave half-way through will distract those wanting to be there then they should tell the players not to show up only to get "credit" from their coaches for attending.
 

Xception

Heisman
Apr 17, 2007
26,407
22,344
0
It's not a good school , you can't have all of this and still claim that you are . If you're a ***** then you can't claim the status of a faithful house wife . UNC was a good school when nobody knew what they were doing , that education is devalued .
 
  • Like
Reactions: WettCat

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
Just a couple of things. One, how many LD or AD(H)D players does UK, or State, or etc. have on their football team? Surely you did that research before you threw out UNC's numbers, implying it was a lot. Second, how many classes in college did you go to that took attendance? It's not high school, very few professors/TAs give you a grade for just showing up. Most professors tend to base a students grade off of how well they grasped the concepts/how good they are at applying the concepts/etc., not if they just showed up to class. If the professor thinks having players getting up to leave half-way through will distract those wanting to be there then they should tell the players not to show up only to get "credit" from their coaches for attending.

I attended a private college and class attendance was mandatory. I attended a total of 5 different grad schools. (I took 3 classes at 2 different schools as electives.) Even when class attendance wasn't mandatory, I didn't skip out because I was there to learn and not just get a diploma from a diploma mill. And, btw, one of the classes was at Notre Dame. As I recall, the professor took attendance and made it clear that she expected us to be in class. (That was one of the hardest classes I ever took and I hated it but learned a ton.)

When a UK football player comes out and says publicly that he was told to flunk a test to be diagnosed as learning disabled, I will take a good look at how many of UK's players are LD. And, when we find out that UK has a guy named Fats with a girlfriend who is doing that kind of testing for our players, I will be very interested in doing more research. In the meantime, maybe you can tell me since you think you are so smart?
 
Last edited:

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
Just a couple of things. One, how many LD or AD(H)D players does UK, or State, or etc. have on their football team? Surely you did that research before you threw out UNC's numbers, implying it was a lot. Second, how many classes in college did you go to that took attendance? It's not high school, very few professors/TAs give you a grade for just showing up. Most professors tend to base a students grade off of how well they grasped the concepts/how good they are at applying the concepts/etc., not if they just showed up to class. If the professor thinks having players getting up to leave half-way through will distract those wanting to be there then they should tell the players not to show up only to get "credit" from their coaches for attending.

BTW, please explain to us how at risk students were eligible for "independent studies" at UNC? I would love to have you explain how doing independent research was preferable to being in class for students who were either LD or academically deficient?
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
Sorry to make another post on the subject but MARY WILLINGHAM is indeed vindicated!!! At least 1/3 of the football players were LD/ADD. Obviously, they needed remedial help, which they were not getting. Instead, they were being placed in upper level AFAM independent studies! Yep! Isn't that what Harvard does with LD students too? I am sure there are a number of LD Harvard grads out in the business world who rarely went to class!!![roll]
 
Last edited:

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Just a couple of things. One, how many LD or AD(H)D players does UK, or State, or etc. have on their football team? Surely you did that research before you threw out UNC's numbers, implying it was a lot. Second, how many classes in college did you go to that took attendance? It's not high school, very few professors/TAs give you a grade for just showing up. Most professors tend to base a students grade off of how well they grasped the concepts/how good they are at applying the concepts/etc., not if they just showed up to class. If the professor thinks having players getting up to leave half-way through will distract those wanting to be there then they should tell the players not to show up only to get "credit" from their coaches for attending.

Bobbi pickle Perv returns. There you go, swerving off topic again. Let's stay with the school that SACS put on probation there Perv boy. Now, those weren't correspondence classes at cesspool U. Also what about those bogus term papers you failed to mention. You see, when those other schools are on probation like academic crap hole you support then your comments might start to seem relevant. However, the rest passed their accreditation.

Clean your own house then we'll talk about something else. I'd start with a shovel if I were you.

The really revealing thing is that you resorted to the poor pitiful us argument. Folks do that when they can't base their defense on its own merits. Of course, you've been running short on merit for some time.

Tell us how that pathetic piece of crap you support can even show its face on a basketball court with legitimate academic institutions? It's almost as bad as having to post here with likes of you. Would they feel more at home in a prison league? Clearly the word "shame" was not on the entrance exam.

Thanks again for providing a reason to point out what a scum filled program you support.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bluest Member

JPScott

All-American
Sep 16, 2001
7,689
7,427
62
Anybody know anything about the document dump UNC*** released this morning?

Haven't kept up but did see this link to WRAL (shout-out to past fave Donna Gregory) where they've started to put these documents online and make them searchable.

Link to WRAL "Search Thousands of UNC scandal Records"

They're basically requesting that people share anything interesting they find. Interesting crowd-sourcing project.

Really unbelievable how far this scandal has already come, and how many more years it promises to linger.
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
Really unbelievable how far this scandal has already come, and how many more years it promises to linger.

I keep wondering when someone will find the evidence of the connection between Fats, Farrington and UNC. As I recall, a football player said he was told to flunk the test to be diagnosed with a learning disability. He said that the testing was at a facility in Durham. Coincidentally, Farrington was running a facility in Durham.

If that connection is ever confirmed, it would be quite damaging to MBB since Farrington and Fats were supplying cars to the players. UNC will never seek the truth on this so it may be up to the UNC compliance office also known as PackPride to do the investigation!
 
  • Like
Reactions: saxonburgcat

Bluest Member

All-Conference
Dec 26, 2009
11,927
3,771
0
UNC has been Cheating and winning with INELIGIBLE players since Frank McGuire in the 50's,every Championship and game they won since the one in the 50's should be taken down,the biggest scam of a university ever in the USA,for years the scum at UNC touted how great and how the "Carolina Way" was the good of the earth,but in Reality they ran a cesspool that went deep in to state politics and covered up the "Win At All Costs" producing Illiterate College Grads from all their Athletic Teams. Anyone with a UNC Degree should never be hired at anything above flipping burgers or being a women's shoe salesman.
If the NCAA doesn't give those bastards the Death Penalty for 10 years and then only allow them to return with a Watchdog from Outside interests,then I believe all High Major Schools should refuse to play UNC and dump the NCAA forming an unbiased honest organization.People around the country are watching the NCAA and they better do their job regardless of how many fake UNC Grads are running the zoo.
 

BBUK_anon

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
52,358
124,843
0
It's about time, "right" starts winning. I am tired of "wrong" winning out due mostly technicalities. Damn the technicalities. Do the right thing.
 
A

anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y

Guest
They did take responsbility. Have you seen the 70+ academic reforms they put in place? Why would they impose penalties on their teams? NONE of them were alleged to have broken any rules. Every single allegation in the (previous) NOA is against academics. Not one of the allegations is against a sports team/coach. Syracuse had coaches involved and players who were alleged to have been ineligible in their NOA. Not the same for UNC.
If the NCAA determined it was an academic only issue, then the NCAA would have dropped the matter. It would have been out of their realm of governance since they are an ATHLETIC ORGANIZATION. Instead, they filed 5 Level 1 Infractions against your beloved, cheating university, with Lack Of Institutional Control being perhaps the most damaging of the allegations. Also, need we remind you that your beloved, cheating university was slapped with a 1 year probation by SACS.
 

BBUK_anon

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
52,358
124,843
0
If the NCAA determined it was an academic only issue, then the NCAA would have dropped the matter. It would have been out of their realm of governance since they are an ATHLETIC ORGANIZATION. Instead, they filed 5 Level 1 Infractions against your beloved, cheating university, with Lack Of Institutional Control being perhaps the most damaging of the allegations. Also, need we remind you that your beloved, cheating university was slapped with a 1 year probation by SACS.


Is the year up yet? Knowing the ncaa they may do it in ncaa years versus dog years. (SACS may be an ncaa alias...) May be only a month or maybe 36.5 days...
 

JPScott

All-American
Sep 16, 2001
7,689
7,427
62
UNC has been Cheating and winning with INELIGIBLE players since Frank McGuire in the 50's,every Championship and game they won since the one in the 50's should be taken down,the biggest scam of a university ever in the USA,for years the scum at UNC touted how great and how the "Carolina Way" was the good of the earth,but in Reality they ran a cesspool that went deep in to state politics and covered up the "Win At All Costs" producing Illiterate College Grads from all their Athletic Teams.

When UK got entangled in the point-shaving scandal in the early 50's, UK decided to stick with their head coach when it would have been politically expedient (outside of the Commonwealth) to let him go.

That decision, for better or worse (and despite the fact that the evidence shows that Rupp had nothing to do with point shaving), cemented UK's place in the minds of many around the nation as a rogue school. And they've held it over UK ever since, and even to this day.

After the scandals in the 1980's, UK went outside and started new. And they did so again with Mitch Barnhart as AD etc. And it's been for the better IMO, even though some alumni might not like it.

It is interesting to me that after UNC's scandal in the late 50's and early 60's, they 'cleaned up' the situation by turning around and hiring Dean Smith, who was McGuire's assistant coach! They've made it a point to keep everything in the family ever since. In hindsight, it's easy to understand why this is the case, given all the institutionalized cheating that has taken place over the decades.
 
Last edited:
Mar 1, 2015
646
47
0
I attended a private college and class attendance was mandatory. I attended a total of 5 different grad schools. (I took 3 classes at 2 different schools as electives.) Even when class attendance wasn't mandatory, I didn't skip out because I was there to learn and not just get a diploma from a diploma mill. And, btw, one of the classes was at Notre Dame. As I recall, the professor took attendance and made it clear that she expected us to be in class. (That was one of the hardest classes I ever took and I hated it but learned a ton.)

When a UK football player comes out and says publicly that he was told to flunk a test to be diagnosed as learning disabled, I will take a good look at how many of UK's players are LD. And, when we find out that UK has a guy named Fats with a girlfriend who is doing that kind of testing for our players, I will be very interested in doing more research. In the meantime, maybe you can tell me since you think you are so smart?

Forgive me, but, I seriously doubt more than a few professors take attendance...in the US (trust me, none do in Western Europe). Think about it, why would every program in America have "coaches" that come by to check that their athletes are in class if taking attendance was so regularly done? And, I find it improbable that any would do this in a grad-level courses.

Also, your comment "Even when class attendance wasn't mandatory, I didn't skip out because I was there to learn and not just get a diploma from a diploma mill." only supports what she said and what I said. We all know >90% of revenue athletes are there to play sports, not get a degree...and this is at all universities. She said she doesn't want those to spoil it for the others who want to be there. Not sure how you, or anyone else, can fault her for that or try to use it as proof that UNC (which by the way is a highly-ranked university) is sub-par.

Still waiting for those test numbers that will show UNC's numbers are high.
 

Mark Gastineau

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
88,761
3,103
0
Forgive me, but, I seriously doubt more than a few professors take attendance
Attendance was taken in many of my undergrad classes at Duke, with excess absences counting for automatic deductions from your final grade. In addition, I would say 75% of my law school courses (top-50 program) took attendance even beyond the first year, with the same grade reduction policy after excess absences.
 
Mar 1, 2015
646
47
0
Attendance was taken in many of my undergrad classes at Duke, with excess absences counting for automatic deductions from your final grade. In addition, I would say 75% of my law school courses (top-50 program) took attendance even beyond the first year, with the same grade reduction policy after excess absences.

Once again, I find it hard to believe that this oddity (of university professors taking attendance) occurred at such a high rate for you or preacherfan. I find it even more amusing that 75% of your courses in law school would be taught by professors that think that you're of such dire need to be forced to attend class that they would sit with a register calling out names and ticking them off. Did you have to ask to leave class early? Must you present a note from a doctor if you missed class? Were you allowed to go to the bathroom, of did that require a hall pass and an ok from the professor? I seriously doubt Duke university professors think it's beneficial or necessary to run their lectures like a middle-school classroom. No, I'm convinced they, like all other professors at the university level, feel that if you're there to learn then you'll show up for lecture if it's beneficial to your learning/progression...otherwise you'd probably not be spending all that money. But, I guess I could be wrong, and Duke must babysit their students and hold their hands through their collegiate life...something tells me that this is not the case.
 

Lumpy 2

All-Conference
Jan 16, 2011
1,944
1,106
0
Once again, I find it hard to believe that this oddity (of university professors taking attendance) occurred at such a high rate for you or preacherfan. I find it even more amusing that 75% of your courses in law school would be taught by professors that think that you're of such dire need to be forced to attend class that they would sit with a register calling out names and ticking them off. Did you have to ask to leave class early? Must you present a note from a doctor if you missed class? Were you allowed to go to the bathroom, of did that require a hall pass and an ok from the professor? I seriously doubt Duke university professors think it's beneficial or necessary to run their lectures like a middle-school classroom. No, I'm convinced they, like all other professors at the university level, feel that if you're there to learn then you'll show up for lecture if it's beneficial to your learning/progression...otherwise you'd probably not be spending all that money. But, I guess I could be wrong, and Duke must babysit their students and hold their hands through their collegiate life...something tells me that this is not the case.
We know for sure they didn't take attendance in all those AFAM classes that were listed as lecture courses but never met and didn't have a professor assigned to them. You know, the ones that helped McCants make the Dean's List.
 

Spanish Radio

All-Conference
Moderator
Nov 18, 2004
3,676
2,362
113
Once again, I find it hard to believe that this oddity (of university professors taking attendance) occurred at such a high rate for you or preacherfan. I find it even more amusing that 75% of your courses in law school would be taught by professors that think that you're of such dire need to be forced to attend class that they would sit with a register calling out names and ticking them off. Did you have to ask to leave class early? Must you present a note from a doctor if you missed class? Were you allowed to go to the bathroom, of did that require a hall pass and an ok from the professor? I seriously doubt Duke university professors think it's beneficial or necessary to run their lectures like a middle-school classroom. No, I'm convinced they, like all other professors at the university level, feel that if you're there to learn then you'll show up for lecture if it's beneficial to your learning/progression...otherwise you'd probably not be spending all that money. But, I guess I could be wrong, and Duke must babysit their students and hold their hands through their collegiate life...something tells me that this is not the case.
At 100 level classes with 300 people, attendance was not taken at my classes at UK. A language class say, like Swahili, attendance was taken because there was only about 25 of us. When I hit 400-600 level classes and there were only 20-30 of us attendance was taken. You would make any excuse and any deflection to salve your conscious that UNC*** is not guilty.
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Forgive me, but, I seriously doubt more than a few professors take attendance...in the US (trust me, none do in Western Europe).

Bobbi is officially out of gas. He admits he doesn't know what happens in the US and he can only 'vouch' for Western Europe. NC has damaged his brain because the guy clearly fails to understand that Western Europe is outside the jurisdiction of the NCAA rendering it superfluous to this conversation. Opposite sides of the Atlantic, Bobbi. That's one of those big blue areas on the globe.

We all know >90% of revenue athletes are there to play sports, not get a degree...and this is at all universities.

This is relevant how? Well, this may be relevant at schools that have no academic ethics what so ever. Western Europe maybe? Actually, I think you just proved that UNC athletes were getting special treatment so as "not to spoil it for others". Only someone that supports an ethically bankrupt and academic pit of filth like North Carolina would ever attempt to use such rationale.

Oh, by the way, they took attendance at most every class at my college. When I taught mathematics at that level, I also took attendance, particularly when the class was lower level students or had students which were prone to lag, such as athletes. Being a college athlete, I was used to giving status to my coaches, having instructors keep an eye on performance (and often hassle me because they detested athletes) and the coaches got reports on any class where we were lagging. That said, I can see where this would all seem foreign to you, being from Western Europe and supporting an institution which is on academic probation.

I guess when all you have known is academic slime, hearing about actual universities which conduct themselves with integrity and value ethics must sound pretty strange indeed.

Oh, and thanks again for the opportunity to expound on the academic failings and cheating among the various sports at North Carolina, the home of the worst cheating scandal in the history of the NCAA.
 

clampdown

Freshman
Nov 12, 2012
41
76
0
Once again, I find it hard to believe that this oddity (of university professors taking attendance) occurred at such a high rate for you or preacherfan. I find it even more amusing that 75% of your courses in law school would be taught by professors that think that you're of such dire need to be forced to attend class that they would sit with a register calling out names and ticking them off. Did you have to ask to leave class early? Must you present a note from a doctor if you missed class? Were you allowed to go to the bathroom, of did that require a hall pass and an ok from the professor? I seriously doubt Duke university professors think it's beneficial or necessary to run their lectures like a middle-school classroom. No, I'm convinced they, like all other professors at the university level, feel that if you're there to learn then you'll show up for lecture if it's beneficial to your learning/progression...otherwise you'd probably not be spending all that money. But, I guess I could be wrong, and Duke must babysit their students and hold their hands through their collegiate life...something tells me that this is not the case.

I see you're someone who lives by the assumption that your experiences are therefore the norm in regards to everyone else.

To piggyback on what others have said in regards to class attendance. I was a TA for a freshman intro course at UK (through the CATS program), this one being for athletes only, and attendance was mandatory. This was taken by myself as class was in session (as became the norm when I taught high school for 10 years. You learn the student's name/face and it becomes obvious when someone doesn't show up for class). Furthermore, every class, outside of my large lecture hall classes had mandatory attendance that was tracked by the professor and/or TA('s). As the classes became more in depth, and the class size smaller, professors made it a point to reiterate that in a Socratic teaching environment, being in class was an integral part of the learning/teaching process. Furthermore, when I went to grad school at The George Washington University, all classes had mandatory attendance, which could have an impact on your overall final grade. Are you starting to see a pattern? This isn't Western Europe.

It's not about babysitting, it's about creating an environment for academic success and retention, which as we have seen with UNC, did not matter as long as the basketball and football team were racking up wins/banners.
 
Jul 30, 2012
2,096
968
0
Bob McTicklesacs is back to "it happens everywhere".

No Bob, it doesn't. You're a delusional and creepy SOB.
Please go to the closest main road and find a nice cozy spot right in middle and lay down. It will give you some idea of what the NCAA is going to do to your sorry university.
 

brianpoe

Heisman
Mar 25, 2009
27,769
21,825
113
Once again, I find it hard to believe that this oddity (of university professors taking attendance) occurred at such a high rate for you or preacherfan. I find it even more amusing that 75% of your courses in law school would be taught by professors that think that you're of such dire need to be forced to attend class that they would sit with a register calling out names and ticking them off. Did you have to ask to leave class early? Must you present a note from a doctor if you missed class? Were you allowed to go to the bathroom, of did that require a hall pass and an ok from the professor? I seriously doubt Duke university professors think it's beneficial or necessary to run their lectures like a middle-school classroom. No, I'm convinced they, like all other professors at the university level, feel that if you're there to learn then you'll show up for lecture if it's beneficial to your learning/progression...otherwise you'd probably not be spending all that money. But, I guess I could be wrong, and Duke must babysit their students and hold their hands through their collegiate life...something tells me that this is not the case.




What an absolute pile of garbage you are, I hope you have not reproduced any little dishonorable tickle me elmos to litter up the world with even less integrity.
 
Mar 1, 2015
646
47
0
Having one or two professors who took attendance in your entire time at a university should tell you how much out of the norm it is. That is what I was arguing. Oh, I mentioned Europe because I've studied their and spent a lot of time visiting universities, and because Preacherfan never mentioned where he/she was educated. But, by all means, think a university is sub-par if the majority of professors employed at said university do not take attendance.
 

MdWIldcat55

Heisman
Dec 9, 2007
21,635
87,244
113
Just a couple of things. One, how many LD or AD(H)D players does UK, or State, or etc. have on their football team? Surely you did that research before you threw out UNC's numbers, implying it was a lot. Second, how many classes in college did you go to that took attendance? It's not high school, very few professors/TAs give you a grade for just showing up. Most professors tend to base a students grade off of how well they grasped the concepts/how good they are at applying the concepts/etc., not if they just showed up to class. If the professor thinks having players getting up to leave half-way through will distract those wanting to be there then they should tell the players not to show up only to get "credit" from their coaches for attending.
My son's in a fairly rigorous private HIGH SCHOOL. If he misses one work assignment, his quarter grade suffers. The work is tough, and he spends 2-3 hours a night fully engaged in study to keep up. The teachers know if he's in class and while he doesn't get graded on showing up, there is no way to keep up with the work without being there. By the way -- if you don't keep a B average, you can't play sports.

Why is that relevant? Because Rashad McCants made the DEAN'S LIST at UNC and, by his own admission, did virtually no work to achieve an All A's average. Julius Peppers tallied a string of Fs and Ds, but North Carolina kept him on the basketball court and the football field by giving him A grades for, essentially, no work.

That makes UNC, compared to a decent high school, a joke, a disgrace, and an embarrassment. Until you admit that, you have zero credibility here, or in any aspect of your life.
 
Last edited:

brianpoe

Heisman
Mar 25, 2009
27,769
21,825
113
Having one or two professors who took attendance in your entire time at a university should tell you how much out of the norm it is. That is what I was arguing. Oh, I mentioned Europe because I've studied their and spent a lot of time visiting universities, and because Preacherfan never mentioned where he/she was educated. But, by all means, think a university is sub-par if the majority of professors employed at said university do not take attendance.


Is a university subpar if students make the Dean's list without ever attending a class and doing any course work?
 
Last edited:

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Is a university subpar if students make the Den's list without ever attending a class and doing any course work?

(Let's see, how would Bobbi answer that one . . .)

Oh, I know the answer to that!!

The answer is NO, if you have the words North Carolina in your name and you are in Chapel Hill.

OR, No, if you are from Western Europe.
 
  • Like
Reactions: brianpoe

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
My son's in a fairly rigorous private HIGH SCHOOL. If he misses one work assignment, his quarter grade suffers. The work is tough, and he spends 2-3 hours a night fully engaged in study to keep up. The teachers know if he's in class and while he doesn't get graded on showing up, there is no way to keep up with the work without being there. By the way -- if you don't keep a B average, you can't play sports.

Why is that relevant? Because Rashad McCants made the DEAN'S LIST at UNC and, by his own admission, did virtually no work to achieve an All A's average. Julius Peppers tallied a string of Fs and Ds, but North Carolina kept him on the basketball court and the football field by giving him A grades for, essentially, no work.

That makes UNC, compared to a decent high school, a joke, a disgrace, and an embarrassment. Until you admit that, you have zero credibility here, or in any aspect of your life.

Your son is CLEARLY NOT North Carolina material.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Shane Beamer Pleads with South Carolina Fans Ahead of Kentucky Game
  2. 02 KSR KSR Today: One step closer to a Sandstorm
  3. 03 KSR Football Will Stein and Shane Beamer's Relationship Comes Full Circle on Saturday
  4. 04 KSR Football Will Stein Downplays Kentucky's AP Top 25 Ranking, Dylan Stewart's Absence
  5. 05 KSR Basketball Recruiting 5-star PG Reese Alston completes official visit to Kentucky