North Carolina Scandal Etc

Mark Gastineau

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
88,761
3,103
0
Once again, I find it hard to believe that this oddity (of university professors taking attendance) occurred at such a high rate for you or preacherfan.
Was an English major. Class sizes averaged 10-15 students. Taking attendance made sure that people would be there for class discussions. It's not rocket science. Further, I think the biggest class I had at Duke had maybe 50 kids in it.

As for law school, I'm pretty sure that taking attendance was not unique for my school. Would love for someone else to weigh in. Attendance is a way of ensuring a productive classroom discussion.

But, I guess I could be wrong, and Duke must babysit their students and hold their hands through their collegiate life.
No guessing about whether you are wrong. You can hypothesize all you want. I lived it, as have others who are saying the same. And denigrate my alma mater and their alma maters all you want. Would love to hear what academic stalwart you attended.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: jarms24

kyblue22

Senior
Mar 6, 2007
35,947
887
0
My son's in a fairly rigorous private HIGH SCHOOL. If he misses one work assignment, his quarter grade suffers. The work is tough, and he spends 2-3 hours a night fully engaged in study to keep up. The teachers know if he's in class and while he doesn't get graded on showing up, there is no way to keep up with the work without being there. By the way -- if you don't keep a B average, you can't play sports.

Why is that relevant? Because Rashad McCants made the DEAN'S LIST at UNC and, by his own admission, did virtually no work to achieve an All A's average. Julius Peppers tallied a string of Fs and Ds, but North Carolina kept him on the basketball court and the football field by giving him A grades for, essentially, no work.

That makes UNC, compared to a decent high school, a joke, a disgrace, and an embarrassment. Until


you admit that, you have zero credibility here, or in any aspect of your life.



Tell like it is, by the way I agree with you.
 

Mark Gastineau

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
88,761
3,103
0
Having one or two professors who took attendance in your entire time at a university should tell you how much out of the norm it is. That is what I was arguing. Oh, I mentioned Europe because I've studied their and spent a lot of time visiting universities, and because Preacherfan never mentioned where he/she was educated. But, by all means, think a university is sub-par if the majority of professors employed at said university do not take attendance.
People are speaking from experience about taking attendance. You're generalizing and passing it off as fact. Big difference.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jarms24

Mark Gastineau

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
88,761
3,103
0
The American Bar Association requires attendance as a precondition for receiving course credit. Just take a look at the #4 law school in the country and its explicit attendance policy. Maybe this clear cut evidence will make you open your eyes and shut your stupid mouth before you go off passing your ignorant generalizations off as fact again:

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/students/handbook/academicmatters/attendance

Consistent with ABA standards, regular class attendance is required as a condition for receiving course credit.The Faculty Committee on Rules and Petitions has articulated ABA Standard 311(f) concerning student attendance as follows:

(1) Regular class attendance is required as a condition of receiving credit for Law School classes. Each instructor may supplement this general attendance requirement by announcing a more specific attendance requirement for a particular class. It is the obligation of each student to conform to these requirements.

(2) An instructor who observes a student to be in violation of the attendance requirement shall so advise the Dean of Students, who shall promptly notify the student that s/he is in violation of the Law School’s requirement. If a student’s attendance remains unsatisfactory in that class or is at any time thereafter in violation of the general attendance requirement in any other class, the Committee on Rules and Petitions may deny the student credit in the class(es), add a memo to the student’s file, withdraw the student’s privilege of membership in the Law School, or take any other appropriate action.

(3) No student shall:

(a) Be employed more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session;

(b) Maintain a primary residence outside the Chicago metropolitan area while classes are in session; or

(c) Fail to sign a seating chart within one week of enrollment in any class (first class for limited enrollment classes).

Upon finding a student in violation of any of these requirements, the faculty member or Committee on Rules and Petitions may deny the student credit in the class, withdraw the student’s privilege of membership in the Law School, add a memo to the student’s file, or take any other appropriate action.

PLEASE NOTE: Faculty members are increasingly strict in interpreting what constitutes “regular” attendance. Students have been failed for poor attendance, dropped from class rosters, and denied credit in classes. In addition, many state bar licensing boards ask whether an applicant has ever been warned about problems with lateness or absenteeism. If a problem is noted by a faculty member, it will be reported to the appropriate licensing agency.


Here are more links from top-14 law schools (and the ABA) to prove your an absolute idiot:

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/academics/policies/policies_procedures_1.htm

http://www.law.nyu.edu/academicservices/degreerequirements/jdprogram/generalrequirements

http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/academi...ce-and-participation-overlapping-class-times/

http://www.americanbar.org/content/...tandardsWebContent/Chapter_3.authcheckdam.pdf

 
Last edited:

BBUK_anon

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
52,358
124,843
0
Was an English major. Class sizes averaged 10-15 students. Taking attendance made sure that people would be there for class discussions. It's not rocket science. Further, I think the biggest class I had at Duke had maybe 50 kids in it.

As for law school, I'm pretty sure that taking attendance was not unique for my school. Would love for someone else to weigh in. Attendance is a way of ensuring a productive classroom discussion.


No guessing about whether you are wrong. You can hypothesize all you want. I lived it, as have others who are saying the same. And denigrate my alma mater and their alma maters all you want. Would love to hear what academic stalwart you attended.


Texas A&M and Northwood University take attendance. I can personally vouch for that. (Sullivan University and I also forgot IU do too. I can personally vouch for that too.) (Those were specific courses I took years ago for SU and IU but they lasted a full school year.) Of course I state that and Richard (I can't use the other word...since I coined the Elmo name I can change it as he will always be a Richard in my opinion.) will of course want a certified statement dated no later than today for verification. In lieu of that fact I will have to answer as is stated below;

To truthfully answer Richard's question I cannot tell you Texas A&M, Northwood University, Sullivan University, and Indiana University are taking attendance today....

Sorry people I have to agree with Richard on this one...[eyeroll]
 
  • Like
Reactions: jarms24

BBUK_anon

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
52,358
124,843
0
The American Bar Association require attendance as a precondition for receiving course credit. Just take a look at the #4 law school in the country and its explicit attendance policy. Maybe this clear cut evidence will make you open your eyes and shut your stupid mouth before you go off passing your ignorant generalizations off as fact again:

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/students/handbook/academicmatters/attendance

Consistent with ABA standards, regular class attendance is required as a condition for receiving course credit.The Faculty Committee on Rules and Petitions has articulated ABA Standard 311(f) concerning student attendance as follows:

(1) Regular class attendance is required as a condition of receiving credit for Law School classes. Each instructor may supplement this general attendance requirement by announcing a more specific attendance requirement for a particular class. It is the obligation of each student to conform to these requirements.

(2) An instructor who observes a student to be in violation of the attendance requirement shall so advise the Dean of Students, who shall promptly notify the student that s/he is in violation of the Law School’s requirement. If a student’s attendance remains unsatisfactory in that class or is at any time thereafter in violation of the general attendance requirement in any other class, the Committee on Rules and Petitions may deny the student credit in the class(es), add a memo to the student’s file, withdraw the student’s privilege of membership in the Law School, or take any other appropriate action.

(3) No student shall:

(a) Be employed more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session;

(b) Maintain a primary residence outside the Chicago metropolitan area while classes are in session; or

(c) Fail to sign a seating chart within one week of enrollment in any class (first class for limited enrollment classes).

Upon finding a student in violation of any of these requirements, the faculty member or Committee on Rules and Petitions may deny the student credit in the class, withdraw the student’s privilege of membership in the Law School, add a memo to the student’s file, or take any other appropriate action.

PLEASE NOTE: Faculty members are increasingly strict in interpreting what constitutes “regular” attendance. Students have been failed for poor attendance, dropped from class rosters, and denied credit in classes. In addition, many state bar licensing boards ask whether an applicant has ever been warned about problems with lateness or absenteeism. If a problem is noted by a faculty member, it will be reported to the appropriate licensing agency.


Here are more links from top-14 law schools (and the ABA) to prove your an absolute idiot:

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/academics/policies/policies_procedures_1.htm

http://www.law.nyu.edu/academicservices/degreerequirements/jdprogram/generalrequirements

http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/academi...ce-and-participation-overlapping-class-times/

http://www.americanbar.org/content/...tandardsWebContent/Chapter_3.authcheckdam.pdf


But, you need a certified copy dated today stating that or it is just conjecture...

Ask the Richard, he will tell you.
 

bigbluehomer

All-Conference
Sep 11, 2012
1,181
1,351
0
What does Western Europe have to do with taking attendance at an American school?

I was wondering the same thing. Now Eastern Europe, that's a completely different deal. Or at least it was back in the good ole days.

Warsaw Pact countries like Czechoslovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Bobbyania, Swervoslavakia, Ticklearia, Ramsarecheatinania, etc. all required attendance. If you missed a class you were immediately shot on site the next day, unless you brought your mom with you to explain why you were absent. A note wasn’t good enough, she had to come in person. And if they suspected she was lying, then they would shoot her as well.

I wonder if the Eastern Europe attendance policy is one of the reforms UNC has put in place. I should email it to Carol for #71. Maybe then Roy could keep up with all 13 of his scholarship players. Just like a blow out loss though, the walk-ons can fend for themselves.
 

jc2010

All-Conference
May 13, 2008
4,593
4,369
62
Was an English major. Class sizes averaged 10-15 students. Taking attendance made sure that people would be there for class discussions. It's not rocket science. Further, I think the biggest class I had at Duke had maybe 50 kids in it.

As for law school, I'm pretty sure that taking attendance was not unique for my school. Would love for someone else to weigh in. Attendance is a way of ensuring a productive classroom discussion.


No guessing about whether you are wrong. You can hypothesize all you want. I lived it, as have others who are saying the same. And denigrate my alma mater and their alma maters all you want. Would love to hear what academic stalwart you attended.


I'd wager Bobby has one of those AFAM degrees fromUNC
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,872
113
Bobby,

Please keep up! We are talking about athletes who have an extremely high rate of learning disabilities. The coaches REQUIRED them to go to class because the coaches knew that was the only way that they could learn and also graduate. I am not sure why you have such a hard time understanding that.

We aren't talking about Bill Gates or even ordinary students. We are talking about high risk students who are devoting tons of hours to their sport and never attending class yet receiving degrees! Do you have a clue, dude?

I feel like I am talking to a 10 year old. Good grief!
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,872
113
Having one or two professors who took attendance in your entire time at a university should tell you how much out of the norm it is. That is what I was arguing. Oh, I mentioned Europe because I've studied their and spent a lot of time visiting universities, and because Preacherfan never mentioned where he/she was educated. But, by all means, think a university is sub-par if the majority of professors employed at said university do not take attendance.

Just to be perfectly clear, do you know what a diploma mill is? Are you aware of the NCAA going to a school in Texas that has some of the best HS bball talent in the nation and visiting the classes to see if the athletes were actually IN class? Maybe you need to inform the NCAA that going to class is not necessary for a student-athlete.

Maybe we should all applaud UNC for having the system in place that a kid like McCants could make the Dean's List and never go to a single class! I am currently on the board of a private school. Please share with me the secret of doing such an excellent job educating a student while he is sleeping late in the dorm. I truly want to know how my school can learn from UNC and McCants.
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,872
113
My college did not take attendance but imo you could not pass without going to class

I was just talking to my wife about her Master's degree. She had one prof who took attendance by passing around a sign-in form. He based part of the grade on participation. The other main prof in that department didn't require attendance but there was no way that you could do the required work without going to class. I took that class with her. And for Bobby, it was at Indiana University.

I continue to be amazed at the UNC players (many of whom were LD) who not only didn't go to class and still got enough credit to remain eligible but so many of them also graduated!!!!! UNC should be named the top school in the country for that accomplishment!!!!!! But, why then are they on probation???? I don't get it.
 
Last edited:

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Starting to think Bobby might be a parody account or he is just baiting now.

Bobbi is scared out of his freakin wits, errr, wit. His posts have been getting more frantic. He's reaching further and further to draw even a weak point. Its almost like he thinks some of his drivel might actually stick with someone that has influence on decisions. I think he realizes his only hope is the incompetence of the NCAA because he can't escape the fact that North Carolina is a hopeless pit of cheating academic filth. The story is out. There is no longer anywhere else they can hide. Also, it seems the NC State Wolfpack will pursue them till there is nothing left but the pathetic athletic North Carolina legacy of cheating and deception and cover up.

I'm hoping at this point that Bobbi doesn't hurt himself when the NCAA destroys that den of cheating SOBs. Very likely he is pathetic enough to do just that. That of course is the most just outcome and the path that will lead to the least ridicule of the NCAA.

I think he sees the writing on the wall.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jarms24

Mark Gastineau

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
88,761
3,103
0
I was wondering the same thing. Now Eastern Europe, that's a completely different deal. Or at least it was back in the good ole days.

Warsaw Pact countries like Czechoslovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Bobbyania, Swervoslavakia, Ticklearia, Ramsarecheatinania, etc. all required attendance. If you missed a class you were immediately shot on site the next day, unless you brought your mom with you to explain why you were absent. A note wasn’t good enough, she had to come in person. And if they suspected she was lying, then they would shoot her as well.

I wonder if the Eastern Europe attendance policy is one of the reforms UNC has put in place. I should email it to Carol for #71. Maybe then Roy could keep up with all 13 of his scholarship players. Just like a blow out loss though, the walk-ons can fend for themselves.
I know the first thing I think about when asked about attendance standards in American higher education is Western Europe.
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,872
113
I was wondering the same thing. Now Eastern Europe, that's a completely different deal. Or at least it was back in the good ole days.

Warsaw Pact countries like Czechoslovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Bobbyania, Swervoslavakia, Ticklearia, Ramsarecheatinania, etc. all required attendance. If you missed a class you were immediately shot on site the next day, unless you brought your mom with you to explain why you were absent. A note wasn’t good enough, she had to come in person. And if they suspected she was lying, then they would shoot her as well.

I wonder if the Eastern Europe attendance policy is one of the reforms UNC has put in place. I should email it to Carol for #71. Maybe then Roy could keep up with all 13 of his scholarship players. Just like a blow out loss though, the walk-ons can fend for themselves.

[roll]
 
  • Like
Reactions: saxonburgcat

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
I was just talking to my wife about her Master's degree. She had one prof who took attendance by passing around a sign-in form. He based part of the grade on participation. The other main prof in that department didn't require attendance but there was no way that you could do the required work without going to class. I took that class with her. And for Bobby, it was at Indiana University.

I continue to be amazed at the UNC players (many of whom were LD) who not only didn't go to class and still got enough credit to remain eligible but so many of them also graduated!!!!! UNC should be named the top school in the country for that accomplishment!!!!!! But, why then are they on probation???? I don't get it.

It occurred to me that if NC had a sign in sheet, they'd count the signature as a term paper. Extra credit if spelled correctly.
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,872
113
Naw, they just SAY they have standards. Its like the classroom courses without the classrooms. Its the new thing in education.

Don't worry, its a difficult concept. Only people like Bobbi and Bernie Madoff can understand it.

Wowsers! My widdle buddy, Bobby, got hisself destroyed in this latest round! Man o man, Duke and elite law schools with mandatory class attendance! What next? I wonder if Duke requires students to write their own papers? Nah, universities in Tibet don't do that so I can't believe any American university would either!

Requiring a student to write his own paper would be so demeaning to the student. We definitely want students to learn to get other people to do the work for them! Isn't that the American way?
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Wowsers! My widdle buddy, Bobby, got hisself destroyed in this latest round! Man o man, Duke and elite law schools with mandatory class attendance! What next? I wonder if Duke requires students to write their own papers? Nah, universities in Tibet don't do that so I can't believe any American university would either!

Requiring a student to write his own paper would be so demeaning to the student. We definitely want students to learn to get other people to do the work for them! Isn't that the American way?

Student? Write? The Chapel Hill oxymoron.
 

OldRed

All-Conference
Jun 7, 2001
18,040
4,687
113
Forgive me, but, I seriously doubt more than a few professors take attendance...in the US (trust me, none do in Western Europe). Think about it, why would every program in America have "coaches" that come by to check that their athletes are in class if taking attendance was so regularly done? And, I find it improbable that any would do this in a grad-level courses.

Also, your comment "Even when class attendance wasn't mandatory, I didn't skip out because I was there to learn and not just get a diploma from a diploma mill." only supports what she said and what I said. We all know >90% of revenue athletes are there to play sports, not get a degree...and this is at all universities. She said she doesn't want those to spoil it for the others who want to be there. Not sure how you, or anyone else, can fault her for that or try to use it as proof that UNC (which by the way is a highly-ranked university) is sub-par.

Still waiting for those test numbers that will show UNC's numbers are high.
I didn't think you even went to UNC******. But you have adopted their lax approach to education. I guess that is why you appear to be so clueless and ignorant when posting. You find everything improbable. "No sense having athletes that have no desire getting an education cluttering up classes for the students that actually want to learn." Did you actually mean that? Sheesh!! What a total, laughable buffoon you are.
 

UKnCincy_rivals

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2008
3,504
4,024
0
The American Bar Association requires attendance as a precondition for receiving course credit. Just take a look at the #4 law school in the country and its explicit attendance policy. Maybe this clear cut evidence will make you open your eyes and shut your stupid mouth before you go off passing your ignorant generalizations off as fact again:

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/students/handbook/academicmatters/attendance

Consistent with ABA standards, regular class attendance is required as a condition for receiving course credit.The Faculty Committee on Rules and Petitions has articulated ABA Standard 311(f) concerning student attendance as follows:

(1) Regular class attendance is required as a condition of receiving credit for Law School classes. Each instructor may supplement this general attendance requirement by announcing a more specific attendance requirement for a particular class. It is the obligation of each student to conform to these requirements.

(2) An instructor who observes a student to be in violation of the attendance requirement shall so advise the Dean of Students, who shall promptly notify the student that s/he is in violation of the Law School’s requirement. If a student’s attendance remains unsatisfactory in that class or is at any time thereafter in violation of the general attendance requirement in any other class, the Committee on Rules and Petitions may deny the student credit in the class(es), add a memo to the student’s file, withdraw the student’s privilege of membership in the Law School, or take any other appropriate action.

(3) No student shall:

(a) Be employed more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session;

(b) Maintain a primary residence outside the Chicago metropolitan area while classes are in session; or

(c) Fail to sign a seating chart within one week of enrollment in any class (first class for limited enrollment classes).

Upon finding a student in violation of any of these requirements, the faculty member or Committee on Rules and Petitions may deny the student credit in the class, withdraw the student’s privilege of membership in the Law School, add a memo to the student’s file, or take any other appropriate action.

PLEASE NOTE: Faculty members are increasingly strict in interpreting what constitutes “regular” attendance. Students have been failed for poor attendance, dropped from class rosters, and denied credit in classes. In addition, many state bar licensing boards ask whether an applicant has ever been warned about problems with lateness or absenteeism. If a problem is noted by a faculty member, it will be reported to the appropriate licensing agency.


Here are more links from top-14 law schools (and the ABA) to prove your an absolute idiot:

http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/academics/policies/policies_procedures_1.htm

http://www.law.nyu.edu/academicservices/degreerequirements/jdprogram/generalrequirements

http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/academi...ce-and-participation-overlapping-class-times/

http://www.americanbar.org/content/...tandardsWebContent/Chapter_3.authcheckdam.pdf


Ouch.

FWIW, Stanford Med is the same way. There's an on-line form you're supposed to fill out if you're absent. If it's a non-illness or non-emergency, you also have to get approval at least two weeks in advance. If you don't, you can get referred to the professionalism committee. They consider unexcused absences to be a serious professionalism issue. Has nothing to do with babysitting, as Bobby would like to suggest.
 

bigbluehomer

All-Conference
Sep 11, 2012
1,181
1,351
0
I know the first thing I think about when asked about attendance standards in American higher education is Western Europe.

If you had not screwed up and attended Duke (jk), you could have broadened your horizons on the subject at UNC.

"AFAM 990 - A Cursory Study of the Attendance Policy of the Ugandan School System"

You would have had to be eligible for early registration though, as it likely filled up rather quickly. I bet Julius would have probably let you copy off of him if you volunteered to drive to the tutor's house and pick up the paper.
 

Bodvar Bjarki

Senior
Oct 11, 2015
696
630
0
It is clear that UNC systematically was taking advantage of poor mostly minority athletes, tagging them as academically at-risk due to real or manufactured learning disabilities and yet simultaneously propping them up in phony independent studies programs instead of helping them.

Now, look at what that means. UNC did not care one whit about those athletes. Instead of helping them they used them. Turned the whole college experience into a sideshow for profit. Might as well have been running a circus show and charging people to gawk at the freaks.

It is beyond the pale. The one thing the athletes were entering into an agreement with UNC for was an EDUCATION in exchange for providing their athletic talent for the great enrichment of UNC as they made them a lot of money.

That, quite simply, is FRAUD. Fraud on a massive scale. UNC created an elaborate scheme to defraud athletes and tax payers in the state of North Carolina in order to enrich themselves. Every necessary element of fraud is present and clearly identifiable. How this has not attracted a Federal criminal investigation is bewildering and suggests strongly to me that all the layers of their criminal racketeering enterprise have not yet been revealed.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jarms24

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,872
113
Ouch.

FWIW, Stanford Med is the same way. There's an on-line form you're supposed to fill out if you're absent. If it's a non-illness or non-emergency, you also have to get approval at least two weeks in advance. If you don't, you can get referred to the professionalism committee. They consider unexcused absences to be a serious professionalism issue. Has nothing to do with babysitting, as Bobby would like to suggest.

I have to admit that this got more and more interesting! I am surprised how many schools do have required attendance. Bobby must have gone into meltdown mode on this since he got absolutely annihilated. He must feel like Kansas after they played UK last season.

I think Bradley would be well-served to go back to school for something OTHER than English. His education is definitely lacking.
 
  • Like
Reactions: saxonburgcat

Bodvar Bjarki

Senior
Oct 11, 2015
696
630
0
For those expecting UNC to get hammered, at least in terms of Men's Basketball, then you are not paying attention to the groundwork UNC is laying. As I have repeatedly asserted they have laid the foundation for the woman's program to bear the brunt of the penalties. Football will be hit, too. But the prize, the purpose of the grand scheme, Men's Basketball... will under no circumstances lose a banner and more than likely vacate no wins. They will enter into a Syracuse like post season ban and other window dressing penalties that they will act like (and more importantly be reported as on ESPN nonstop) that they were severely hammered because the basketball penalties will be nestled safely in the backdrop of much larger and more severe penalties in the other programs. They will publicly act like this is horrendous while privately be celebrating from the rooftops their pleasure at not having any banners come down.

Wait. And. See. I guarantee this is how it will unfold.

If you were watching closely you could easily see that UNC is still firmly convinced they can manage expectations and control outcomes. That the entire affair is just another dog and pony show they have to put on before they can get back to cheating with impunity. You don't cheat this blatantly or severely for this long without developing an arrogance about you and also a healthy disdain for the rules as they are for "other" schools and UNC is just getting started. They learned from this and it will embolden them in the future instead of reigning them in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Xception

brianpoe

Heisman
Mar 25, 2009
27,769
21,825
113

OldRed

All-Conference
Jun 7, 2001
18,040
4,687
113
SACS Reaccreditation review 2004
Read this page and the several pages following. It would be interesting to see what they told SACS about their non-existent classes. SACS was requesting realistic measures of achievement and UNC**** provided them with classes with no achievement. Let's hope that "Faculties out to be smart enough to say 'We have intentional curriculum'" Maybe they out (sic) to but I'd bet they weren't willing to state what their real intention for AFAM studies was. ;-)
 
Last edited:

OldRed

All-Conference
Jun 7, 2001
18,040
4,687
113
Interesting that they were negotiating to allow Duke students to take courses in AFAM at UNC****. I wonder if any Duke BB players ever did?
 
Last edited:

JPScott

All-American
Sep 16, 2001
7,689
7,427
62
Interesting that they were negotiating to allow Duke student to take courses in AFAM at UNC****. I wonder if any Duke BB players ever did?

In theory they could. I know at the graduate level students at Duke, UNC and N.C. State can take courses at the other Universities as if they were provided by their own school. I assume the same is true among undergraduates but not sure.
 
  • Like
Reactions: saxonburgcat

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,872
113
In theory they could. I know at the graduate level students at Duke, UNC and N.C. State can take courses at the other Universities as if they were provided by their own school. I assume the same is true among undergraduates but not sure.

I would guess that Deb Crowder would never have allowed a Duke or NCSt student or athlete take one of the fraudulent classes. I would think that could have blown the lid off the entire scam that she was running.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Good luck trying to slow down Franck Kepnang
  2. 02 KSR Basketball Add a BBN United Basketball Open Practice to a Busy Weekend for UK Sports
  3. 03 KSR Women's Basketball New WNBA mock draft has Clara Strack teaming up with Caitlin Clark
  4. 04 KSR Football NFL Draft Buzz Building for Lance Heard
  5. 05 KSR Football Shane Beamer Pleads with South Carolina Fans Ahead of Kentucky Game