North Carolina Scandal Etc

brianpoe

Heisman
Mar 25, 2009
27,769
21,825
113
Bobbi, remember the NCAA won't be trying to bend the rules to your benefit. They won't but the Bobbi Perv swerve on them. Only a complete and utter dumb *** could read that NOA the way you are trying to foist on this board. Only a complete and utter dumb *** would think that the NOA is even relevant at this point to the NCAA. As I've told you before, the North Carolina pit of academic filth is a member institution of the NCAA. The NOA is only a starting point. The pit of filth has no legal recourse against the NCAA.

Your only hope is that the NCAA throws itself under the bus to sweep the filth under the carpet. Its the slime you support or the survival of the incompetent NCAA.

Your boys are going down Bobbi. The sporting media will slaughter them no matter what the NCAA does. Nobody will consider games won or championships won while North Carolina was relieving themselves on the NCAA to be legitimate. They've been exposed for the scum they are and soon the committee on infractions will come for them.

Look on the bright side. You are supporting an underdog now. Fallen from grace by playing ineligible players, providing fake classes to falsify eligibility and running totally outside institution control. They are less than a mid major now. 100's of wins falsely claimed. At least 2 bogus championships. Doesn't that make you feel better.

I'm frankly surprised though that you haven't disputed the charges of LOIC. I frankly think the best case is to be made there. I don't think any of this was outside the control of the slime pit. Appears to me that the scam was carefully and masterfully orchestrated. That argument should be right up your alley.


 
  • Like
Reactions: jarms24

KMKAT

All-Conference
Sep 17, 2003
94,731
2,957
50
On the front page of the main Yahoo! page, with a nice video to tie it in a big bow:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article43676205.html

The more you learn, the more UNC doesn't want you to know....now its time for the transcripts from the Public Ivy college.

I have to state that there wasn't 1 LEGIT AFAM class in that curriculum IMO. Lots of spooning going on from Crowder and Wayne Walden, yet Walden's name is used very little in this investigation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jarms24

KMKAT

All-Conference
Sep 17, 2003
94,731
2,957
50
I sure wish Bobby would explain this statement because its just too difficult for the normal layman to understand:

In a July 20, 2012, email to faculty, Thorp wrote: “We disclosed this academic fraud, and we are fixing it.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article43676205.html#storylink=cpy

So when the 'Chancellor' states this as academic fraud, why can't the NCAA acknowledge this instead of their twisting of impermissible benefits sounds less damaging to the 'student-athlete'.

Emmert is a waste of time, and add ACC commish Swofford to this as well. Neither of them have the gonads to call this as it is. Lucky for Thorp, he can just go on his merry way and work in St. Louis without any charges filed against him during his time at UNC.
 

UKnCincy_rivals

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2008
3,504
4,024
0
I sure wish Bobby would explain this statement because its just too difficult for the normal layman to understand:

In a July 20, 2012, email to faculty, Thorp wrote: “We disclosed this academic fraud, and we are fixing it.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article43676205.html#storylink=cpy

So when the 'Chancellor' states this as academic fraud, why can't the NCAA acknowledge this instead of their twisting of impermissible benefits sounds less damaging to the 'student-athlete'.

Emmert is a waste of time, and add ACC commish Swofford to this as well. Neither of them have the gonads to call this as it is. Lucky for Thorp, he can just go on his merry way and work in St. Louis without any charges filed against him during his time at UNC.

NCAA's hands are tied on this one. Regardless of what Thorp may have said in an internal email, UNC has gone to great lengths to avoid calling this fraud publicly. Because UNC refuses to officially call this fraud, the NCAA is left with no choice and has to go the extra benefits route.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jarms24

BBUK_anon

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
52,358
124,843
0
I sure wish Bobby would explain this statement because its just too difficult for the normal layman to understand:

In a July 20, 2012, email to faculty, Thorp wrote: “We disclosed this academic fraud, and we are fixing it.”


That'll leave a wet spot by The Richard. Won't see it but don't want to but, that will leave a wet spot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jarms24 and KMKAT

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
NCAA's hands are tied on this one. Regardless of what Thorp may have said in an internal email, UNC has gone to great lengths to avoid calling this fraud publicly. Because UNC refuses to officially call this fraud, the NCAA is left with no choice and has to go the extra benefits route.

Agreed. This just shows how corrupt that UNC is. I wonder what it takes to commit fraud at UNC? It truly does have a diploma mill stench.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jarms24

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
NCAA's hands are tied on this one. Regardless of what Thorp may have said in an internal email, UNC has gone to great lengths to avoid calling this fraud publicly. Because UNC refuses to officially call this fraud, the NCAA is left with no choice and has to go the extra benefits route.

Agreed. This just shows how corrupt that UNC is. I wonder what it takes to commit fraud at UNC? It truly does have a diploma mill stench.

Actually, I'm not sure that the NCAA is bound to consider ONLY what UNC publicly discloses. If they have an internal memo then that is fair game or if they end up in a "Walks like a duck, talks like a duck . . ." situation, then so far as UNC is concerned, the NCAA is free to apply whatever label they chose.

Since the NCAA is essentially a "private club" of universities (I despise putting NC in that context), the committee on infractions is not obligated to extend due process to its member institutions. This has been tested in court, if memory serves. If the NCAA were to go after moon pie or any of the other guilty individuals, then issues of discovery, chain of custody, weight of evidence, etc come into play.

This is largely why I feel that its entirely possible that the NCAA could potentially decimate NC but let Moon Pie and others involved skate unless NC deals with them as the confines of the various contracts allow.

If this happens, I'm pretty sure Bobbi's head will explode as he'll rant about the inconsistency of it all. But the den could fall and the thieves walk since the NCAA is not a court of law. And NC has no rights as a voluntary member of the NCAA. The NCAA is accountable to the constitution and the law where individuals are concerned.
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
Actually, I'm not sure that the NCAA is bound to consider ONLY what UNC publicly discloses. If they have an internal memo then that is fair game or if they end up in a "Walks like a duck, talks like a duck . . ." situation, then so far as UNC is concerned, the NCAA is free to apply whatever label they chose.

Since the NCAA is essentially a "private club" of universities (I despise putting NC in that context), the committee on infractions is not obligated to extend due process to its member institutions. This has been tested in court, if memory serves. If the NCAA were to go after moon pie or any of the other guilty individuals, then issues of discovery, chain of custody, weight of evidence, etc come into play.

This is largely why I feel that its entirely possible that the NCAA could potentially decimate NC but let Moon Pie and others involved skate unless NC deals with them as the confines of the various contracts allow.

If this happens, I'm pretty sure Bobbi's head will explode as he'll rant about the inconsistency of it all. But the den could fall and the thieves walk since the NCAA is not a court of law. And NC has no rights as a voluntary member of the NCAA. The NCAA is accountable to the constitution and the law where individuals are concerned.

I agree that the NCAA can absolutely hammer UNC if they choose to do so. It will come down to what the committee "feels and perceives" about UNC. I studied the Memphis case and, without getting into the specifics, I think it was clear that Paul Dee had a negative "feeling and perception" about both Memphis and Cal.

It is my hope that the committee sees thru the smoke and mirrors that UNC has continued to display and sees the corruption, lack of true investigations and just total inability to accept responsibility for the scandal.
 

hotelblue

Heisman
Jul 6, 2006
41,683
13,121
0
the best line of the article "what experts call the worst academic scandal in ncaa history". it's pretty much acknowledged. for the "money-making sports". it's becoming history right before our eyes. oh they are getting punished. they can have it slow and stubborn like pete rose or just horrible but quick like michael vick. they chose slow and stalled, but it doesn't make things less painful. is going 29-8 going to make this go away? pitino and ol roy may be literally bald from pressure if they make a regional final. of course ul has no shot.
 

bigbluehomer

All-Conference
Sep 11, 2012
1,181
1,351
0
I agree that the NCAA can absolutely hammer UNC if they choose to do so. It will come down to what the committee "feels and perceives" about UNC. I studied the Memphis case and, without getting into the specifics, I think it was clear that Paul Dee had a negative "feeling and perception" about both Memphis and Cal.

It is my hope that the committee sees thru the smoke and mirrors that UNC has continued to display and sees the corruption, lack of true investigations and just total inability to accept responsibility for the scandal.

I couldn't agree more. The way UNC has ducked, dodged, and denied this scandal is beyond disgusting. I can only hope that the C of I will take their unscrupulous behavior into consideration. At a minimum they should do so even if only at a subconscious level.

Last edict from manalishi a month or so ago kind of alluded to this. UNC doesn't have the friends they think they do, etc. Almost sounds like you and manalishi are on the same page here. (j/k, LOL!)

Seriously though, I appreciate you, Mark G, and others keeping this thread up to date. I had previously followed this scandal on packpride almost religiously, easily spending 3 or 4 hours per week scanning through the informative threads they have. Unfortunately I have "dropped the ball" the past 3 months or so, the lull in any new news being a part of the reason. With the recent data dump, sounds like things are getting cranked back up so I need to rededicate myself. LOL!

Last time I was over at pp, they were furiously tracking down the Catina Farrington (sp?) angle on her learning disability testing center. I've seen that "prong" mentioned before on pp, maybe even over a year ago. If they make that connection back to Fats, then that should (key word = should) blow the whole PJ, rentals cars, etc., etc., etc. back open.

Also want to give a shout out to everybody for the well deserved pummeling of the one and only Bobby whateverthehellhisnameis. One of the things that draws me to message boards are the laughs. And there have been plenty on this nitwit. Thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mark Gastineau

Spanish Radio

All-Conference
Moderator
Nov 18, 2004
3,676
2,362
113
I agree that the NCAA can absolutely hammer UNC if they choose to do so. It will come down to what the committee "feels and perceives" about UNC. I studied the Memphis case and, without getting into the specifics, I think it was clear that Paul Dee had a negative "feeling and perception" about both Memphis and Cal.

It is my hope that the committee sees thru the smoke and mirrors that UNC has continued to display and sees the corruption, lack of true investigations and just total inability to accept responsibility for the scandal.
ESPN and Jay Bilas, specifically, are the national smoke and mirrors. Gary Parrish's and the laziest national sports writer in the world, Jeff Goodman's, silence speaks volumes.

The funny thing is Jay has always come off as the honorable one. He isn't much better than Bobbi in my eyes.
 

Spanish Radio

All-Conference
Moderator
Nov 18, 2004
3,676
2,362
113
I sure wish Bobby would explain this statement because its just too difficult for the normal layman to understand:

In a July 20, 2012, email to faculty, Thorp wrote: “We disclosed this academic fraud, and we are fixing it.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article43676205.html#storylink=cpy

So when the 'Chancellor' states this as academic fraud, why can't the NCAA acknowledge this instead of their twisting of impermissible benefits sounds less damaging to the 'student-athlete'.

Emmert is a waste of time, and add ACC commish Swofford to this as well. Neither of them have the gonads to call this as it is. Lucky for Thorp, he can just go on his merry way and work in St. Louis without any charges filed against him during his time at UNC.

You will hear nothing from the ACC. Swofford was AD at UNC*** when this scandal was starting. He is a tar heel through and through:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Swofford

John Swofford (born 1948) is the commissioner of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC).

Swofford was born on December 6, 1948 in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. While at Wilkes Central High School, he played as quarterback for the Wilkes Central Eagles football team and was twice selected to the all-state football team. He was awarded a prestigious Morehead Scholarship to attend the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he also played for the football team. He holds a master's degree in Sports Management from Ohio University. From 1980 to 1997 he was the athletic director for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

In 1997 Swofford was named the Commissioner of the ACC. During his tenure he has doubled the ACC's annual revenue, served as Chairman of the Bowl Championship Series in college football in 2000 and 2001, and expanded the ACC to include Boston College, Virginia Tech, the University of Miami, the University of Pittsburgh, Syracuse University, the University of Notre Dame, and the University of Louisville by 2014.
 
Mar 1, 2015
646
47
0
You know, if an outsider were to fall onto this forum they'd most likely think UK fans care more about UNC than they do UK. It's always odd to me to see NC State fans obsess over all-things UNC. I never thought I'd see UK fans do this...then again, who says you are UK fans, I guess you could be NC State fans moonlighting as UK fans. I guess even when UNC is a hot-mess in basketball they're still the talk of everyone's town. I can't imagine the envy and hate when they were actually good.
 

Mark Gastineau

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
88,761
3,103
0
You know, if an outsider were to fall onto this forum they'd most likely think UK fans care more about UNC than they do UK. It's always odd to me to see NC State fans obsess over all-things UNC. I never thought I'd see UK fans do this...then again, who says you are UK fans, I guess you could be NC State fans moonlighting as UK fans. I guess even when UNC is a hot-mess in basketball they're still the talk of everyone's town. I can't imagine the envy and hate when they were actually good.
Do you still think class attendance policies are for babies? You never really chimed in on that point after everyone proved how ridiculously wrong you were.
 
  • Like
Reactions: preacherfan

Mark Gastineau

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
88,761
3,103
0
I can't imagine the envy and hate when they were actually good.
Why would a UK fan ever envy anything about UNC? The only thing UNC fans thought they had on UK was "The Carolina Way," a total fallacy that has been thoroughly debunked at this point.

How could a program with a better history, more all time wins, and more championships ever envy a program that had to cheat to win 4 of its 5 titles?
 

Lumpy 2

All-Conference
Jan 16, 2011
1,944
1,106
0
You know, if an outsider were to fall onto this forum they'd most likely think UK fans care more about UNC than they do UK. It's always odd to me to see NC State fans obsess over all-things UNC. I never thought I'd see UK fans do this...then again, who says you are UK fans, I guess you could be NC State fans moonlighting as UK fans. I guess even when UNC is a hot-mess in basketball they're still the talk of everyone's town. I can't imagine the envy and hate when they were actually good.
And here you are constantly on our board trying to defend a school who has been exposed as the biggest cheaters in the history of college basketball. Do you share your idiotic theories on other message boards besides this one or is your obsession only with us? I wonder if you are really a UNC fan or a poser trying to make UNC fans look more foolish than they already do.
 
Mar 1, 2015
646
47
0
Do you still think class attendance policies are for babies? You never really chimed in on that point after everyone proved how ridiculously wrong you were.

I never said attendance policies were for babies. I said to expect a university professor to take attendance in lecture is ridiculous. I know you expect professors to hold the hands of their students, but I feel that if a kid is going to college then it's high time they learn to be responsible. I also think it's even worse for a law school (or grad school, med school) etc. to take attendance, it sets the wrong example, imo. You should so up to lecture to learn something, if you don't care enough then you'll be out at the end of the semester, or if you already know it then why waste your time. You feel differently as well as the Duke policy you quoted earlier.
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
You know, if an outsider were to fall onto this forum they'd most likely think UK fans care more about UNC than they do UK. It's always odd to me to see NC State fans obsess over all-things UNC. I never thought I'd see UK fans do this...then again, who says you are UK fans, I guess you could be NC State fans moonlighting as UK fans. I guess even when UNC is a hot-mess in basketball they're still the talk of everyone's town. I can't imagine the envy and hate when they were actually good.

First, let's be clear. You are an outsider.

Don't flatter yourself, son. Clearly you have no idea what the issue is here. I'm not sure whether that is just a ruse on your part of you are really that dense. Most likely, both.

NC is really nothing special in regards to their basketball. It used to be a decently consistent program. As much as it pains me to say, Duke is generally the team of note in the ACC. Further, I know very few fans at KY that would have even considered NC a rival. Our key rivals are generally considered to be UL, IU, maybe Duke, maybe UT. No, NC is, or was, pretty much a just another decent program to us.

The interest in this debacle is the sheer magnitude of the cheating. NC has basically pissed all over the college basketball community with a nearly two decades long pattern of deception, cover up, academic fraud and lies. Then we see fans, such as yourself, that appear to have even fewer scruples than the disgusting slime filled institution they support. The magnitude of academic filth and slime coming out of NC is utterly without precedent.

Essentially, NC has become the side show of the NCAA. Their basketball program is the dog faced boy, the bearded lady and deformed animal freak of the NCAA basketball world. They are more akin to professional wrestling than actual athletics. I've been watching basketball since the mid 60's. Never have I seen a program or a fan base so corrupt.
 
Last edited:

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
I never said attendance policies were for babies. I said to expect a university professor to take attendance in lecture is ridiculous. I know you expect professors to hold the hands of their students, but I feel that if a kid is going to college then it's high time they learn to be responsible. I also think it's even worse for a law school (or grad school, med school) etc. to take attendance, it sets the wrong example, imo. You should so up to lecture to learn something, if you don't care enough then you'll be out at the end of the semester, or if you already know it then why waste your time. You feel differently as well as the Duke policy you quoted earlier.

Why should the opinion of a fan which supporting a pit of academic filth matter to us? Given the behavior of the school you support, why should we even believe that is your opinion as opposed to just another line of BS to go with all the others you spew?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mark Gastineau

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
I never said attendance policies were for babies. I said to expect a university professor to take attendance in lecture is ridiculous. I know you expect professors to hold the hands of their students, but I feel that if a kid is going to college then it's high time they learn to be responsible. I also think it's even worse for a law school (or grad school, med school) etc. to take attendance, it sets the wrong example, imo. You should so up to lecture to learn something, if you don't care enough then you'll be out at the end of the semester, or if you already know it then why waste your time. You feel differently as well as the Duke policy you quoted earlier.

Gotta give UNC coaches credit for checking up on those LD irresponsible athletes that UNC admitted in numbers far higher than the general population even though the players still skipped out. But, since players were skipping out and taking fake classes, I guess Roy and Dean could still claim high graduation rates since UNC was running a diploma mill.
 

Spanish Radio

All-Conference
Moderator
Nov 18, 2004
3,676
2,362
113
You know, if an outsider were to fall onto this forum they'd most likely think UK fans care more about UNC than they do UK. It's always odd to me to see NC State fans obsess over all-things UNC. I never thought I'd see UK fans do this...then again, who says you are UK fans, I guess you could be NC State fans moonlighting as UK fans. I guess even when UNC is a hot-mess in basketball they're still the talk of everyone's town. I can't imagine the envy and hate when they were actually good.
I lived in North Carolina for 10 years. Anytime we discussed college basketball the UNC*** fans would chirp about how clean their program was and how dirty UK was. They would throw that in my face any chance they would get. Turns out that squeaky clean program was actually a fraud and UNC*** has nothing on us except head to head victories and I wonder how that record would have been without 20 years of fraudulent courses at UNC***. UNC*** is on the verge of ripping the last shreds of amateurism from college basketball. If the NCAA does not act then we are watching semi pro ball and amateurism will be no more. Pay the players because Universities no longer need to educate them and give them a few classes on how to manage their money and call it a day or dump the entire system, kill the TV contracts and go back to having to watch them at the local gym.
 

RonEJones

All-Conference
Apr 8, 2010
12,748
1,745
0
Why would a UK fan ever envy anything about UNC? The only thing UNC fans thought they had on UK was "The Carolina Way," a total fallacy that has been thoroughly debunked at this point.

How could a program with a better history, more all time wins, and more championships ever envy a program that had to cheat to win 4 of its 5 titles?
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
Gotta give UNC coaches credit for checking up on those LD irresponsible athletes that UNC admitted in numbers far higher than the general population even though the players still skipped out. But, since players were skipping out and taking fake classes, I guess Roy and Dean could still claim high graduation rates since UNC was running a diploma mill.

Hey preacher! I'm confused. I give those NC coaches credit for checking up on those poor NC athletes. I bet ole Moon Pie was leading the checkers, big hearted guy that he is. Well, at least when he not cowering off the floor leaving the scrubs to the slavering hords.

My confusion is this. If Moonpie was checking up on those guys, how is it that he didn't know anything about this mess?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. I've never seen so many comical paradoxes in my life.)
 

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
Hey preacher! I'm confused. I give those NC coaches credit for checking up on those poor NC athletes. I bet ole Moon Pie was leading the checkers, big hearted guy that he is. Well, at least when he not cowering off the floor leaving the scrubs to the slavering hords.

My confusion is this. If Moonpie was checking up on those guys, how is it that he didn't know anything about this mess?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. I've never seen so many comical paradoxes in my life.)

All Bobby does is continue to bury himself. He is admitting that UNC not only admitted LD athletes but he is now saying that those same students lacked responsibility. He then goes on to say that if they don't know the material then they will flunk out. Yet, we know that UNC had a high grad rate for athletes.

This makes NO sense to a normal person: LD athletes are skipping classes and still getting degrees? I ask Bobby again to PLEASE help me learn a new way to educate struggling students who can sleep in, miss class, yet satisfactorily earn a degree from a good university?

I know a kid getting C's in HS and he still wants to go to Harvard! Maybe he too can get a Harvard degree if Bobby can explain how UNC does it?
 
  • Like
Reactions: saxonburgcat

Mark Gastineau

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
88,761
3,103
0
II also think it's even worse for a law school . . . to take attendance, it sets the wrong example
The American Bar Association, which is tasked with accrediting law schools, completely disagrees. On the topic of the worth of attendance policies, you'll have to excuse me for respecting their opinion in lieu of your crackpot generalizations.
 

kybassfan

Heisman
Jul 1, 2005
20,032
16,368
113
All Bobby does is continue to bury himself. He is admitting that UNC not only admitted LD athletes but he is now saying that those same students lacked responsibility. He then goes on to say that if they don't know the material then they will flunk out. Yet, we know that UNC had a high grad rate for athletes.

This makes NO sense to a normal person: LD athletes are skipping classes and still getting degrees? I ask Bobby again to PLEASE help me learn a new way to educate struggling students who can sleep in, miss class, yet satisfactorily earn a degree from a good university?

I know a kid getting C's in HS and he still wants to go to Harvard! Maybe he too can get a Harvard degree if Bobby can explain how UNC does it?

I'm sure NC would print him up a degree from Harvard. Forgery is just a small step along the path after all.

Actually enrolling is Harvard is so expensive. Then there's all the classes and books and writing.

Seriously, hope things work out for that youngster.
 

Mark Gastineau

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
88,761
3,103
0
I never said attendance policies were for babies.
Could have fooled me:

Once again, I find it hard to believe that this oddity (of university professors taking attendance) occurred at such a high rate for you or preacherfan. I find it even more amusing that 75% of your courses in law school would be taught by professors that think that you're of such dire need to be forced to attend class that they would sit with a register calling out names and ticking them off. Did you have to ask to leave class early? Must you present a note from a doctor if you missed class? Were you allowed to go to the bathroom, of did that require a hall pass and an ok from the professor? I seriously doubt Duke university professors think it's beneficial or necessary to run their lectures like a middle-school classroom. No, I'm convinced they, like all other professors at the university level, feel that if you're there to learn then you'll show up for lecture if it's beneficial to your learning/progression...otherwise you'd probably not be spending all that money. But, I guess I could be wrong, and Duke must babysit their students and hold their hands through their collegiate life...something tells me that this is not the case.

You are shockingly bad at presenting a coherent argument that doesn't make you look like a fool.
 
Mar 1, 2015
646
47
0
The American Bar Association, which is tasked with accrediting law schools, completely disagrees. On the topic of the worth of attendance policies, you'll have to excuse me for respecting their opinion in lieu of your crackpot generalizations.

Welp that is their policy, and the have the ability to set it. Just like professors who choose to leave it up to the students. Still waiting for you to explain why not having mandatory attendance is bad and should be changed.
 

Mark Gastineau

All-Conference
Feb 26, 2009
88,761
3,103
0
Welp that is their policy, and the have the ability to set it. Just like professors who choose to leave it up to the students. Still waiting for you to explain why not having mandatory attendance is bad and should be changed.
I never expressed an opinion as to attendance one way or the other. Simply pointed out that all law schools and the majority of universities find merit in requiring attendance, despite your attempts to characterize attendance policies as schools essentially babysitting students
 
  • Like
Reactions: Big_Blue79

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,150
4,871
113
Do you know what it means to "characterize" something? Is that concept explained in Western Europe?

Bobby reminds me of the old lady who was driving on the parkway when her cell phone rang. She answered it and her husband quickly warned her to be careful. He had just heard on the news that there was a driver on the parkway going in the wrong direction.

The old woman exclaimed, "Honey, it isn't just ONE driver going the wrong way! There are hundreds of them!"
 

saxonburgcat

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2012
4,437
4,151
0
I never said attendance policies were for babies. I said to expect a university professor to take attendance in lecture is ridiculous. I know you expect professors to hold the hands of their students, but I feel that if a kid is going to college then it's high time they learn to be responsible. I also think it's even worse for a law school (or grad school, med school) etc. to take attendance, it sets the wrong example, imo. You should so up to lecture to learn something, if you don't care enough then you'll be out at the end of the semester, or if you already know it then why waste your time. You feel differently as well as the Duke policy you quoted earlier.

I swear that was one of the stupidest posts I ever read. Did your mother write that for you?
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball Add a BBN United Basketball Open Practice to a Busy Weekend for UK Sports
  2. 02 KSR Women's Basketball New WNBA mock draft has Clara Strack teaming up with Caitlin Clark
  3. 03 KSR Football NFL Draft Buzz Building for Lance Heard
  4. 04 KSR Football Shane Beamer Pleads with South Carolina Fans Ahead of Kentucky Game
  5. 05 KSR KSR Show, 9/30: Listen live from 10 a.m. to noon