NFL changes jersey numbering system.

Nov 16, 2005
29,269
24,359
113
[h=3]

Previous rules
[/h]
  • QB: 1-19
  • RB: 20-49
  • WR/TE: 10-19, 80-89
  • OL: 50-79
  • DL: 50-79, 90-99
  • LB: 40-59, 90-99
  • CB/S: 20-49
  • K/P: 1-19
[h=3]New rules[/h]
  • QB: 1-19
  • RB/WR/TE: 1-49, 80-89
  • OL: 50-79
  • DL: 50-79, 90-99
  • LB: 1-59, 90-99
  • CB/S: 1-49
  • K/P: 1-19
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
So this confirms the theory that skill position players outside of quarterback and kicker are divas that need single digit numbers.

Check.
 
Aug 22, 2012
2,761
1
31
I read somewhere that Dalvin Cook wanted to change from 33 to 4 (his college number) but that it would cost him 1.5 million!?!?

Think I’d keep the same of number.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,309
6,699
113
Reggie Bush fought it too. I’m fine with it in college because I’m used to it, but there’s something about the NFLs number system that I like. It’s clean.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,438
31,649
113
Ding see the big deal for the most part. Gonna be really strange to see a RB wearing #85 though. WTF?
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
I have not seen what he said about it but it’s funny he would have a take about someone wanting a particular number seeing how he has branded “TB12”.

I don’t think it’s a big deal. I think it’s just another step the NFL is taking to stop worrying about things that don’t really matter, like finally not penalizing touch down celebrations.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know