NFL changes jersey numbering system.

Nov 16, 2005
29,281
24,393
113
[h=3]

Previous rules
[/h]
  • QB: 1-19
  • RB: 20-49
  • WR/TE: 10-19, 80-89
  • OL: 50-79
  • DL: 50-79, 90-99
  • LB: 40-59, 90-99
  • CB/S: 20-49
  • K/P: 1-19
[h=3]New rules[/h]
  • QB: 1-19
  • RB/WR/TE: 1-49, 80-89
  • OL: 50-79
  • DL: 50-79, 90-99
  • LB: 1-59, 90-99
  • CB/S: 1-49
  • K/P: 1-19
 

Jeffreauxdawg

All-American
Dec 15, 2017
8,891
8,003
113
So this confirms the theory that skill position players outside of quarterback and kicker are divas that need single digit numbers.

Check.
 
Aug 22, 2012
2,761
1
31
I read somewhere that Dalvin Cook wanted to change from 33 to 4 (his college number) but that it would cost him 1.5 million!?!?

Think I’d keep the same of number.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,309
6,700
113
Reggie Bush fought it too. I’m fine with it in college because I’m used to it, but there’s something about the NFLs number system that I like. It’s clean.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,453
31,664
113
Ding see the big deal for the most part. Gonna be really strange to see a RB wearing #85 though. WTF?
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,357
113
I have not seen what he said about it but it’s funny he would have a take about someone wanting a particular number seeing how he has branded “TB12”.

I don’t think it’s a big deal. I think it’s just another step the NFL is taking to stop worrying about things that don’t really matter, like finally not penalizing touch down celebrations.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State sells out Davis Wade Stadium for 2nd week running
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Carries the Load?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Q&A
  5. 05 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report