New Grad Transfer (WR)...

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,707
12,444
113
I personally now refrain from using adjectives like "Huge" on transfers after Tommy Stevens, JT Costello and Isiah Zuber got my hopes up then painfully stomped those hopes deep into the turf of Davis Wade Stadium
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
I'll be the wet blanket:

1) I'll start with Tommy TD, Costello, Shaver and Zuber
2) Who's gonna throw him the ball?
3) Seems we are playing for 2022 and 2023, so why not get the younger players the reps? Esp. since the defense will take a step back and the OL will still be a year away.
 

kired

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2008
7,133
2,541
113
Ah come on, you're forgetting about that monster LB we picked up from Clemson back ~2011 that was going to replace Chris White and KJ.
 
Oct 31, 2019
361
0
16
Ah come on, you're forgetting about that monster LB we picked up from Clemson back ~2011 that was going to replace Chris White and KJ.

I remember him...Brandon Maye, you might as well had been playing with 10 guys instead of trotting him out there
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,513
31,746
113
I'm hopeful that with Leach, we'll start actually using our transfers to their ability. So far, he's 50-50 with Ruiz and the receiver from Bama. Which is 1,000 times better than any former MSU coach has done on this.
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
And yet Stevens and Zuber are both in the NFL and Costello probably will be too. Weird. Or maybe it's coaches not using players correctly. Idk. Who cares.
 

rem101

Sophomore
Jan 22, 2008
3,198
181
63
He was too busy prepping for his book
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
This dude at it up his JR year. 1,100 yards and 79 rec in one season. SJST won their conference this year too and finished the season ranked so they aren't terrible.
 

Delmar

Junior
Jan 8, 2008
489
315
63
I remember him...Brandon Maye, you might as well had been playing with 10 guys instead of trotting him out there

Incidentally, he owns a pressure washing company in Mobile. He did some work for me. Incredibly nice guy and still looks like he could suit up.
 

RocketDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2011
20,061
2,814
113
I couldn't read the link. I guess you have to be signed in to Twitter.

What did it say?
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,421
8,844
113
I'll be the wet blanket:

1) I'll start with Tommy TD, Costello, Shaver and Zuber
2) Who's gonna throw him the ball?
3) Seems we are playing for 2022 and 2023, so why not get the younger players the reps? Esp. since the defense will take a step back and the OL will still be a year away.

Shaver and Zuber were both good. Zuber was under used, but is an NFL fringe WR, I'm assuming Shavers couldn't get his mind right.
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
I think the rule states that if you are a highly productive player entering the SEC from another conference you must first enroll at Bammer for 1 year minimum
 

DoomSlayer

Senior
Jan 13, 2018
1,053
436
83
I read somewhere else he hasn't actually graduated yet so he would have to sit a year under the current rules.
 

woozman

All-Conference
Nov 13, 2004
3,455
2,693
113
So were our admission people not aware of this rule or is it something new?...
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
It's not something new. Usually when you wanna enjoy the perk of the grad transfer rule you actually have to be a grad. This one's not on us.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor