**NCAA First round Davidson vs Kentucky OFFICIAL GAME THREAD**

bigc45157

All-Conference
Nov 12, 2004
7,027
2,279
0
If I hear Cal use the "they are freshmen" one more time, I might just throw up. That's his excuse for EVERYTHING. They may be freshmen but they should have improved a little from the first of the season to the last of the season.

It’s the truth, and your second point is utter ignorance.
 

gracetoyou

Heisman
Apr 19, 2009
20,469
29,874
113
If I hear Cal use the "they are freshmen" one more time, I might just throw up. That's his excuse for EVERYTHING. They may be freshmen but they should have improved a little from the first of the season to the last of the season.

They haven't improved! But now being a Freshman is a very legitimate excuse. That was their first NCAA Tournament game. They've got to understand everyone plays with desperation to the end and if you don't you go home. Hopefully they understand that now
 
  • Like
Reactions: Susan2361
Nov 15, 2008
38,645
57,515
0
Next up S. Miller...

 

westerncat

Heisman
Feb 19, 2012
15,923
20,891
0
Wow is right ! Davison sure can shoot but we got to get better on offense. UK's weakness is offensive rebounding and at the 5 position. Got to improve on that.
 

RoyKent

Heisman
Feb 3, 2015
23,029
33,358
66
Nope. Zona doesn't spread teams out and shoot threes like Davidson does. Just because Arizona is in a P5 conference and is ranked higher doesn't mean they match up better with uk.
Davidson is a really tough team to guard and we simply didn't make shots.
But it's not like Arizona averages 80ppg, they average low 70's and are a better matchup for UK.

That would be true but Davidson didn’t even play well and we almost lost.
 

KyFaninNC

Heisman
Mar 14, 2005
195,719
24,518
0
Happy with the win, but they are still the most stupid team, I ever saw. Fouling with a 11 point lead and let them score with the clock stopped and set up a press. Dumb, dumb, dumb
 

Susan2361

All-Conference
Apr 22, 2015
1,747
3,247
0
They haven't improved! But now being a Freshman is a very legitimate excuse. That was their first NCAA Tournament game. They've got to understand everyone plays with desperation to the end and if you don't you go home. Hopefully they understand that now

Thank you for your opinion. It makes sense. I appreciate someone expressing their opinion without insults like whoever said my second point was utter ignorance.
 

RoyKent

Heisman
Feb 3, 2015
23,029
33,358
66
Y’all are not giving Davidson enough credit. We just beat a team that played very good basketball. They would have cleaned our clock in January.

They shot 38%, we outrebounded them by 9, and took 15 more FTs than they did.

That game should never have been that close.
 

UKSanders_rivals37733

All-American
Jan 1, 2003
8,634
8,736
0
I think our guys are shaving points. Gave up just enough points to win but make the point spread interesting. [laughing]


I was thinking the same thing... normally I'm a little suspicious of refs when the game changes so drastically at the end of a game like this one did.

I mean, even Davidson's coach had thrown in the towel, but OH NO, our guys just wouldn't let Davidson stop playing hard with bonehead decisions.
 

blubo

Heisman
Oct 14, 2014
22,273
85,181
78
That would be true but Davidson didn’t even play well and we almost lost.
They played as well as they could. the game was close because they made eight 3s in the second half.
We didn’t guard the perimeter as well as we usually do.
 

Cat in ga

All-Conference
Nov 2, 2017
2,898
2,806
0
People on Facebook are melting down because "the streak" is gone.

Seriously?!? I wonder if some of those people realize UK WON the game regardless of a stat.


Crazy. Only streak I care about right now is five more game winning streak. If we win 5 more I don't care if we make another 3.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 59coop and Cindog28

Seth_C

All-American
Mar 12, 2017
4,727
8,535
96
Crazy. Only streak I care about right now is five more game winning streak. If we win 5 more I don't care if we make another 3.

Anyone would make that trade, but that's a big if. We would be on a 9 game winning streak. Our longest this entire season has been 7, and that was against scrubs at the beginning of the season.
 

hotelblue

Heisman
Jul 6, 2006
41,683
13,121
0
i hope miller stays at arizona. he’s proven his teams are just not explosive offensively. no ff’s. what else can you say? he’s young and they could still do something this year but i think he’s shown his identity.
 

Cindog28

Heisman
Sep 9, 2004
19,738
12,368
0
Before this game this team had played a COMBINED 28 minutes in an NCAA Tournament game.

They were all from Gabriel in 4 games last season.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball Kentucky Basketball vs. Louisville will get the ABC Spotlight
  2. 02 KSR Basketball Kentucky MBB posts job opening for another assistant coach
  3. 03 KSR Football The South Carolina game will be a homecoming of sorts for Mikkel Skinner
  4. 04 KSR KSR Show, 10/1: Tune in from 10 a.m. to noon
  5. 05 KSR KSR Today: Looking ahead to a busy weekend for UK Athletics