Mississippi highway conditions

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
I will be travelling to Greenwood Saturday, going up I55 to Winona and then 82 west to Greenwood. Anybody been driving thru there lately? Will it be safe by Saturday?
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,413
8,837
113
I will be travelling to Greenwood Saturday, going up I55 to Winona and then 82 west to Greenwood. Anybody been driving thru there lately? Will it be safe by Saturday?

Took that exact route Tuesday and will take it in reverse on Friday. 55 was one lane but good, 82 was a little worse but still very drivable, it has improved a little since then. Should be good, allow yourself plenty of extra time. Well traveled streets/roads are generally good, it's the lessor traveled that are bad.

If for a COVID vaccination, check, double check then triple check that it is still on. Friday's vaccination round in Greenwood is postponed.
 
Last edited:
Dec 3, 2008
4,034
379
83
Not sure what their route was, but my brother and his wife drove from Brookhaven to the Dixie National Rodeo last night.
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
Took that exact route Tuesday and will take it in reverse on Friday. 55 was one lane but good, 82 was a little worse but still very drivable, it has improved a little since then. Should be good, allow yourself plenty of extra time. Well traveled streets/roads are generally good, it's the lessor traveled that are bad.

If for a COVID vaccination, check, double check then triple check that it is still on. Friday's vaccination round in Greenwood is postponed.

It is for covid vaccination. I was originally supposed to get my second dose Monday, then had it rescheduled to Thursday, then rescheduled again to Saturday. If they are cancelling Saturday (which I doubt), I'm sure they will notify me.
 

thatsbaseball

All-American
May 29, 2007
18,376
7,424
113
You seen the latest news (last couple of days) on the Pfizer vaccine ? Around 90% effective after one dose. I have absolutely NO idea what and who to believe anymore.
 
Nov 16, 2005
29,294
24,416
113
I think the only issue people are concerned with is how long immunity would last in a one shot scenario.
 

cowbell88

All-Conference
Jan 11, 2009
3,369
1,098
113
I will be travelling to Greenwood Saturday, going up I55 to Winona and then 82 west to Greenwood. Anybody been driving thru there lately? Will it be safe by Saturday?

82 has dry asphalt in spots. Right hand lane on east and west sides. Inside lanes still covered. Should be fine in am.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,584
8,562
102
I would have likely been that someone so I’m glad you’ve included the link— it’s much appreciated and also since I’ve had two Pfizer shots.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,584
8,562
102
I doubt sarcasterisks are needed.

It’s weird when we’re seeing mass scientific efforts being done in real time. It’s ugly because we’re seeing the sausage being made.
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,413
8,837
113
It is for covid vaccination. I was originally supposed to get my second dose Monday, then had it rescheduled to Thursday, then rescheduled again to Saturday. If they are cancelling Saturday (which I doubt), I'm sure they will notify me.

Just got back to Flohood from Greenweird. 82 is in good shape (one lane mostly). 55 from Y-nown-er to Vadien is in great shape, from Vadien to Canton it is one lane, so if you get stuck behind some going 40 MPG for 40 miles (like I did), just sit back and enjoy. 55 from Canton to Jxn is good, you can pass. It will refreeze tonight, but will melt as the day warms, so if starting out early, give yourself a lot of extra time.

On the best and oldest restaurants in the state is in Greenwood, The Crystal Grill. I believe a restaurant has been operating in that location since the turn of the 20th century
 
Last edited:

engie

Sophomore
May 29, 2011
10,763
106
63
Agreed, but I’m really loving the trend. Another month on this trajectory and hopefully I can get my *** back to the real job
 

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,413
8,837
113
It is for covid vaccination. I was originally supposed to get my second dose Monday, then had it rescheduled to Thursday, then rescheduled again to Saturday. If they are cancelling Saturday (which I doubt), I'm sure they will notify me.

Can't confirm if true, but hearing rumors that today's vaccinations in Greenwood have been postponed.
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
Can't confirm if true, but hearing rumors that today's vaccinations in Greenwood have been postponed.

Those rumors are true. Was notified late yesterday that my appt. was rescheduled to next Friday the 26th. This was the third time it has been rescheduled. With road conditions improving like they are, hard to figure why they decided not to open today. Sure hope it is not postponed again. The 26th will be just barely within the 6 week time period for second dose for me.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Last Call: Week 5 Predictions for No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Keys to Victory against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs