Minnesota vrs Purdue

DukeSlater

All-American
Jul 2, 2023
2,285
5,178
113
UCLA is legit. Glad we don’t play them. So well coached now. Crazy what the right coach can do.
UCLA won @ Oregon yesterday by two points DESPITE Oregon turning it over SIX freakin' times! That game was horrible. Both teams looked like garbage. Penalties, mental mistakes, more turnovers than Pillsbury. It was one game, but wow, was it U-G-L-Y on both sides, just a little uglier by Oregon.
 

DukeSlater

All-American
Jul 2, 2023
2,285
5,178
113
The Cooper DeJean revenge tour continues in two weeks.
Speaking of which, I saw more than one punt returner using the EXACT same signal yesterday that DeJean did vs. Minny, yet no penalty was called, on the field or in the booth. Why not? How in the hell that review booth got away with that bullshitt is one I'll never figure out.
 

Jonesy5960

Heisman
Feb 1, 2023
6,714
13,889
113
UCLA won @ Oregon yesterday by two points DESPITE Oregon turning it over SIX freakin' times! That game was horrible. Both teams looked like garbage. Penalties, mental mistakes, more turnovers than Pillsbury. It was one game, but wow, was it U-G-L-Y on both sides, just a little uglier by Oregon.
I was going to say something about this. Raiola had one of the worst games you'll ever see a QB have and still if Oregon doesn't turn it over 7 times they win that game.
 

Ripcord

Senior
Aug 30, 2016
398
523
63
Speaking of which, I saw more than one punt returner using the EXACT same signal yesterday that DeJean did vs. Minny, yet no penalty was called, on the field or in the booth. Why not? How in the hell that review booth got away with that bullshitt is one I'll never figure out.
Very interesting.

to which game or games are you referring?

(maybe we shold PM them and ensure they get the same refs and replay officials that we had at Iowa/Minnesota three years ago).
 

uihawk82

All-Conference
Nov 17, 2021
3,074
4,553
113
I do not disagree, but I just hope our players/coaches do not become too overconfident over the events of this weekend.
Watching Kirk's talk to team meetings prior to games on the cinematic recap videos he does not let overconfidence into the room or the equation. He just preaches practice, trying as hard as you can, learning, improving, and being prepared.
 

uihawk82

All-Conference
Nov 17, 2021
3,074
4,553
113
UCLA won @ Oregon yesterday by two points DESPITE Oregon turning it over SIX freakin' times! That game was horrible. Both teams looked like garbage. Penalties, mental mistakes, more turnovers than Pillsbury. It was one game, but wow, was it U-G-L-Y on both sides, just a little uglier by Oregon.
Yeah, that was really bad and UCLA has to hate being beaten by Oregon so much over the last 20 years. Raiola was as bad as could be while he was very good in an earlier game against USC off the bench.
 

iahawkeyes17

All-Conference
Apr 22, 2014
869
2,176
83
Minn. don’t know what to make they looked so bad last night and vs Miss St. D played well vs Michigan and turnovers were difference in that game but now after Friday that UW win might not be as impressive as I thought it was.

Also I’ll eat crow I thought baby mahomes would do well at Oregon. Curious who starts at QB late Saturday night when his old school comes to town.
 

Outbackbowl2017

All-Conference
Dec 4, 2016
1,801
2,943
113
Speaking of which, I saw more than one punt returner using the EXACT same signal yesterday that DeJean did vs. Minny, yet no penalty was called, on the field or in the booth. Why not? How in the hell that review booth got away with that bullshitt is one I'll never figure out.
That game’s offensive output was the final straw that led to BF’s firing, only positive that came out of that game.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Iron Doc

MeetTheFerentzes

All-American
Sep 6, 2022
2,768
5,467
113
Minn. don’t know what to make they looked so bad last night and vs Miss St. D played well vs Michigan and turnovers were difference in that game but now after Friday that UW win might not be as impressive as I thought it was.

Also I’ll eat crow I thought baby mahomes would do well at Oregon. Curious who starts at QB late Saturday night when his old school comes to town.
Yeah, I just saw that - 10 PM CDT kickoff. LOL. I still think it's bullsh*t that the B1G and associated broadcast networks can do that to a school, but it's funny when it happens to Nebraska.
 

KuwaitHawk

All-American
Apr 18, 2004
8,190
8,903
113
Iowa pisspounds Washington in Seattle? Check.
Iowa St Cyclones lose? Check.
Penn St Cyclones lose? Check.
Minnesota loses? Check.
Oregon lost? Check.
Alabama lost? Check.

LSU loses? Check
Florida loses? Check?
Add the Thursday night Dallas cowboys loss and it is almost perfect
 
  • Like
Reactions: Iron Doc

Jonesy5960

Heisman
Feb 1, 2023
6,714
13,889
113
UCLA won @ Oregon yesterday by two points DESPITE Oregon turning it over SIX freakin' times! That game was horrible. Both teams looked like garbage. Penalties, mental mistakes, more turnovers than Pillsbury. It was one game, but wow, was it U-G-L-Y on both sides, just a little uglier by Oregon.
7 times. They turned it over 7 times.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Rambler Hawk

The Big Z

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2023
2,085
4,043
113
Minn. don’t know what to make they looked so bad last night and vs Miss St. D played well vs Michigan and turnovers were difference in that game but now after Friday that UW win might not be as impressive as I thought it was.

Also I’ll eat crow I thought baby mahomes would do well at Oregon. Curious who starts at QB late Saturday night when his old school comes to town.
Raiola is still a fat *** and the UCLA d line whipped the Oregon o line all day long. UCLA is pretty physical along both lines.
 

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
22,302
43,278
113
Psu fans wanted Chesney before campbell was hired...now they really want him,
And the AD wanted/had pressure to hire a P4 coach.

They gave Campbell a pretty big contract so have fun with that buyout plus competing with UCLA to poach a coach with a 5-0 start.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rambler Hawk

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
22,302
43,278
113
Yeah, I just saw that - 10 PM CDT kickoff. LOL. I still think it's bullsh*t that the B1G and associated broadcast networks can do that to a school, but it's funny when it happens to Nebraska.
That time slot is exactly what the B1G wanted when it added the west coast 4. B1G on tv every moment of every Saturday
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football FILM BREAKDOWN: Every Jeremy Hecklinski pass attempt from the game against Washington
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Olympics WATCH: Rick Heller, Myles Davis talk fall exhibition win over Kansas
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Olympics Play-by-play recap: Iowa 15 Kansas 10 (F/16)
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football PFF Grades - Iowa defense vs Washington
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football PFF Grades - Iowa offense vs Washington