Pretty surprising. It’s probably the hardest job in the NFL, IMO. I know Lawrence can change things quickly, but it’s still going to be challenging to get free agents down there. I don’t think Khan has ever really been sold on North Florida, and they’ve returned the favor.
Ownership. Same thing that makes one business worse than another.
Ownership. Same thing that makes one business worse than another.
Saban never had the most important position in the game filled out, he had a Randy Moss-less Culpepper, which was good for me because I'm a Saints fan but also bad for me because Saban broke college football more than ever.
The no-QB excuse is valid for Saban, but the salary cap doesn’t give a flying 17 who you are or which players you want. Urban was great in college cause his teams had the best players and he had precise control over them. He will be in neither of those situations in Jax.
What has this owner done to make you think he’s not a good owner? From what I can tell, he’s put money in the stadium. He’s gone out and hired good coaches. Marrone was thought to be a good hire at the time. He did take them the AFC championship. And now he’s willing to put money out there for Meyer. From what I can tell, he’s giving the team all the tools they need to be successful.
I tend to agree. When Khan bought the team, everyone expected them to pull up and move. Obviously an owner can’t just do that. Maybe just me, but I’ve always liked the Jaguars and what they’ve done with what they have. Definitely not an embarrassment IMO.
ed: With Meyer as HC, presumably TL as the draft pick...I find that extremely intriguing. It will get a lot of eyeballs. Including mine. Jacksonville has most likely gotten a few Sunday/Monday night games in ‘21 overnight.
That adds up to real moneyThought the Chargers is a better job.
What has this owner done to make you think he’s not a good owner? From what I can tell, he’s put money in the stadium. He’s gone out and hired good coaches. Marrone was thought to be a good hire at the time. He did take them the AFC championship. And now he’s willing to put money out there for Meyer. From what I can tell, he’s giving the team all the tools they need to be successful.
That adds up to real money
Of course he should be allowed to; it's his team. The question is whether it's a good idea or not. Recent history and logic indicates that it is not.Why shouldn’t he? It’s his money. If I was an NFL owner, I’d do the same. Just like playing fantasy football, only he gets to do it with real people.
Good point, but Cali is a nice place to live if you are Uber Rich. The Chargers are a much better team to coach, more talent to win now.
Jax job will not be easy to win there.
This is a good lesson in job searching/economics. Chase income first, then when incomes are the same, look into COL. And COL is way more than state income tax.Cali may be paradise on earth, but there are a lot of places that are nice, and for somebody making $6M a year as an employee, they're going to pay probably >$600k in state income taxes just for the portion of their money in the highest bracket. Compare that to a no-income tax like Florida, and even assume you pay $100k more in other taxes that are higher than California because of no income tax, and you can still do some really nice trips to California each year for $500k.
This is a good lesson in job searching/economics. Chase income first, then when incomes are the same, look into COL. And COL is way more than state income tax.
I've always thought it comical to see people pump this state or that state because of no income tax. It's like they don't have the brain capacity to consider the other factors because they aren't QUITE as readily available as a 2 second google search. A lot of this looney-ness goes on in the Memphis/Desoto debate.
Maroon and White Football
Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
Maroon and White Football
Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
Maroon and White Football
"Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
Maroon and White Football
"We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama