MBB Florida Game Thread (Must Win?)

BulldogBlitz

Heisman
Dec 11, 2008
18,191
25,880
113
Must win? Nah. Baseball is right around the corner, and it looks like the basketball team is looking forward to it too.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,650
7,907
113
MSU -2
O/u 129
MSU ML -140
T&L talked some earlier this week about how this team has bought itself some margin for error with its strong non-con record, but I don’t get the sense that we’re even remotely close to an NCAA bid at this point. In my opinion, a loss tonight effectively ends any NCAA chances, and we’d have a uphill battle just to get to the NIT.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Spidey.sixpack

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
T&L talked some earlier this week about how this team has bought itself some margin for error with its strong non-con record, but I don’t get the sense that we’re even remotely close to an NCAA bid at this point. In my opinion, a loss tonight effectively ends any NCAA chances, and we’d have a uphill battle just to get to the NIT.
I agree. I think the margin of error was Auburn and Georgia. Losing tonight ends it unless we beat Bama and TCU or win the SECT.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Spidey.sixpack
Nov 12, 2007
26,045
10,206
113
Need to look for something else on offense and have Smith around to just put up offensive rebounds. Anyone who misses the entire goal that often does not need to be your main offensive threat.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,650
7,907
113
I’m not sure what needs to change, but this roster needs a lot of work, and I don’t see a whole lot in the ‘23 class that’s gonna be the infusion of talent that this team needs. Jans has a lot of work in front of him
 

RockyDog

All-Conference
Jan 2, 2023
1,110
1,373
113
15 minutes in and 4 starters have yet to score. How the hell have we gotten this pathetic? This is WORSE than Howland.
 

dickiedawg

All-Conference
Feb 22, 2008
4,583
1,523
113
T&L talked some earlier this week about how this team has bought itself some margin for error with its strong non-con record, but I don’t get the sense that we’re even remotely close to an NCAA bid at this point. In my opinion, a loss tonight effectively ends any NCAA chances, and we’d have an uphill battle just to get to the NIT.
I mean there’s still a lot of games left but at this point we’re not even on the bubble.
Our NET is just a handful of spots better than last year’s team finished.
If this game doesn’t turn around quick the fans are going to check out for good.
 

BulldogBlitz

Heisman
Dec 11, 2008
18,191
25,880
113
I’m not sure what needs to change, but this roster needs a lot of work, and I don’t see a whole lot in the ‘23 class that’s gonna be the infusion of talent that this team needs. Jans has a lot of work in front of him


Jans isn't going to get any offense in town unless he schedules a high scoring opponent
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,045
10,206
113
I didn't know goaltending was legal now.

I don't have any more ideas with the team we have right now. I really hope we can recruit better shooters. This is awful.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,650
7,907
113
I didn't know goaltending was legal now.

I don't have any more ideas with the team we have right now. I really hope we can recruit better shooters. This is awful.
I don’t even know what to say anymore. When the shots aren’t falling which is every night for us, I’d normally say to take it to the rim and try to draw contact, but we can’t hit FTs either so I give up. This has to be the worst offensive basketball team I’ve ever seen at State.
 

SteelCurtain74

All-Conference
Oct 28, 2019
2,112
3,216
113
0 for our last 26 from 3. I would bet if we gave every poster on this board 26 three point shots, we could all make at least 1.
 

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,711
24,584
113
Does anyone have access to our +/- with Tolu on the floor vs McNair? I don’t see it on KenPom.

Seems like they’d be close since Christmas or so.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,045
10,206
113
Who are these people who are scoring? I flip back over against my better judgment and see that we've scored some points.

I see Florida's referees still haven't done any better. I also said we put Smith back in, unless he secretly figured out how to shoot the ball. I don't see why we keep playing him.
 
Oct 20, 2016
1,061
881
113
Who are these people who are scoring? I flip back over against my better judgment and see that we've scored some points.

I see Florida's referees still haven't done any better. I also said we put Smith back in, unless he secretly figured out how to shoot the ball. I don't see why we keep playing him.
We go on a run without Smith. We put him back in…and Florida starts rolling.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,045
10,206
113
Then, if we had a team full of players like Matthews, win or lose, we'd be one hell of a fun team to watch play.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  3. 03 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit