Mask protocols at NU sporting events

Wasker77

Senior
Dec 23, 2014
2,943
621
0
You must have not been wearing a mask, because certainly you wouldnt have caught it
I started wearing a mask again in the grocery store last week. It was mandated this past Monday. I did go out to dinner last Saturday so I was not wearing a mask while eating. I am really not that close to people when I am outside so yes I don't always have a mask on. I run my bird dog every afternoon, but don't get within 20 yards of anyone else. Even then in the rare event that I do see someone it is just for a second and I keep my distance. My RN wife works in education at our local hospital. She is around a lot more people than I am. She has been teaching several orientation classes lately due to the need for more nurses. She has the booster shot. Maybe she passed it on to me. She tested negative after I tested positive
 
Last edited:
Dec 4, 2007
2,397
314
0
Maybe. It’s quite possible. Which is exactly why I said future vaccines could be much like the flu vaccine. Give you protection from most flu strains, but not be entirely effective against all flu strains thus rendering even the vaccinated sick. But with primary function of limiting severe illness and death in place.
Flu vaccines treat for the flu strain of the year before...
 

dinglefritz

Heisman
Jan 14, 2011
53,093
14,637
78
Flu vaccines treat for the flu strain of the year before...
That is not exactly true. In general they try to create flu vaccines by predicting what strains will be more prevalent in the coming year. It isn't that they just pick the predominant strain from the year before. The vaccine usually contains 3-4 strains deemed most likely to cause illness going forward.
 

huskersreign

Freshman
May 30, 2003
993
94
0
He was being sarcastic, no one in their right mind believes a "mask" that has absolutely 0 standardized filtrate properties (it can literally be any material as long as your nose and mouth are covered) is capable of filtering particles below 100 nm, particles that can only be visualized with an electron microscope.. the fact that something is being mandated that hasn't been standardized (and thus would be impossible to prove it's efficacy as a filtering device) just furthers the point that this isn't about your health
 
Inside Nebraska

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska OC Dana Holgorsen & DC Rob Aurich reflect on win over Michigan State, preview Maryland
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting Who’s locked in — and who isn't? Easton Royal flip buzz; LSU, TCU, Ohio State, Arizona State, SMU, Houston making runs at committed prospects
  3. 03 Inside Nebraska Football Rhule: Colandrea sliding, sharp words for Nwaneri & Jones, plus an early eval on Huskers’ transfer class
  4. 04 Inside Nebraska Football Here’s what Nebraska coach Matt Rhule said about Dylan Raiola performance in Oregon’s win over USC
  5. 05 Inside Nebraska Football Injury updates for Jamal Rule & Jacory Barney? Not yet, says Matt Rhule, and he explains why