Lunch in Tuskerloser

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
Going to the game Saturday. Any ideas where to eat reasonably quick not too far from Campus. I will have about an hour so Archibald's is too far. Any other ideas?
 

TimberBeast

Senior
Aug 23, 2012
1,142
566
113
Baumhower's

It’s funny I was going to ask in this thread what people think about Baumhowers? When my daughter and I travel for golf tournaments if we’re near one we go, we both love their wings. The best one we’ve been to yet is in Tuscaloosa.

ETA: I’m pretty sure there’s a Baumhowers in Mobile.
 
Last edited:

moturfdog

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
166
4
18
Downtown Northport is where City Cafe is located. Meat and 3 lunch place that has a large selection
 

T-TownDawgg

All-Conference
Nov 4, 2015
4,802
4,908
113
Baumhours is always pretty solid.

Avenue Pub is my go to. Others that I like:

Raised on Country (all kinds of critter burgers, but good, try the bacon brisket burger)
Taco Mama
Pyro's Pizza (chain, but good)
Mellow Mushroom
Halfshell oyster house
Dillard's Chop house
DePalmas
Chuck's

For barbecue, just stick with Moe's or Jim & Nicks. For ribs, Archibalds or nothing

I've heard River is great but haven't been yet
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
It's alright. Nothing spectacular. Where i live it sufferers from Montgomeryitis so it's hard for me to really judge.
 

MaroonBelle

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2016
186
0
16
Baumhours is always pretty solid.

Avenue Pub is my go to. Others that I like:

Raised on Country (all kinds of critter burgers, but good, try the bacon brisket burger)
Taco Mama
Pyro's Pizza (chain, but good)
Mellow Mushroom
Halfshell oyster house
Dillard's Chop house
DePalmas
Chuck's

For barbecue, just stick with Moe's or Jim & Nicks. For ribs, Archibalds or nothing

I've heard River is great but haven't been yet

I grew up in Ttown and DePalmas was my go to. So good...but I am going to game on Saturday too from Stark and wanted to go there because "real Italian" but their hours are cut this week and they won't be open for lunch. Booo.
BTW: If anyone needs 1 ticket to the Saturday game. I have an extra. $35. Section GG, Row 13, Seat 5. Behind our dugout.
 
Last edited:
Jan 9, 2016
2,353
342
83
Downtown Northport is where City Cafe is located. Meat and 3 lunch place that has a large selection

Actually was the 1st place I thought of but figured Mobile might want something closer to Sewell-Thomas. I think he can get a beer with his lunch at RJ’s too - if he wants.

Love City Cafe and their cocoanut pie though and for what you get, I think it’s very reasonable.
 

jeremyrbrown

Junior
Sep 4, 2008
1,549
216
63

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,827
2,954
113
Broadway pizza

Going to the game Saturday. Any ideas where to eat reasonably quick not too far from Campus. I will have about an hour so Archibald's is too far. Any other ideas?

Wood fired ovens. Best pizza in town.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four