LSU thoughts and predictions

BlueBloodKyFan72

All-Conference
Apr 18, 2026
762
1,378
93
I really worry about our run defense against a physical team like LSU. They are going to pound the rock all night long. On the other side, I’ve been less than impressed with Leavitt. His passing numbers are not good for a Kiffin QB.

It’ll be close but our D eventually runs out of gas. 37-31 Tigers.
I’m worried about Sam running wild
 

CUJO_1970

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2025
616
1,903
93
I'm very worried about this game. LSU is better in basically every metric. Our third game in six where our opponent is either top-10 or formerly top-10. That's insane...LSU is elite.

What I'm primarily concerned about is our injuries...that we will be too thin to hang with them and get gassed. I really hope that doesn't happen.
 

FunkyFatCan

Freshman
Apr 29, 2009
27
82
13
Give me Will Stein over Lane Kiffin any day of the week. He is the most overrated coach in college FB history. Considering where he's been his record is piss poor. If Cats lose its because of injuries, but I believe we have enough to win.
 

*Bleedingblue*

Heisman
Mar 5, 2009
42,018
34,548
113
I don't think LSU is as good as bama. I do think this is just a bad matchup because we haven't stopped qb run nor maintained contain at all this year. If we don't really focus in, its going to be leavitt just scrambling for first downs over and over.

I did think Lane made some interesting comments in his pc where he said our current d was alot like the d of the last few years. If so, bodes well because he could never really get his pass game going against us. That's even more why the qb contain will dictate this game.

I think the score will be within one td either way but Lane just has a very lucky streak vs us. So I think we lose by 7 or less.

Leavitt injured his hamstring in the first quarter against texas AM. He didnt scramble any against McNeese St.
Lets hope that hammy is still injured
 

*Bleedingblue*

Heisman
Mar 5, 2009
42,018
34,548
113
For starters I feel very good about the state of the program and the prospects for this year. However, I do not feel good about Kentucky's prospects in this game.
I think LSU is underrated and likely are about as good as Alabama.

Offensively and defensively LSU is one of the better teams in the country on 3rd down and Kentucky has been below average on 3rd down on both offense and defense.
LSU is one of the better team in the country on defense and nobody has been able to run the ball against them.
LSU averages 500 yards per game on offense.

On paper LSU is a much more talented team and is better than UK on both sides of the ball. LSU will score several touchdowns and Kentucky will have to win the turnover battle to be able to hang with them. UK will also have to be able to score several tds to hang with them and I can't see that happening unless we can run the ball against them, something nobody else has been able to do. To do that Kentucky will probably have to go multiple tight ends and play four down offense with a lot of running from Minchey and probably have a few surprises for them.

Does UK have a chance? The bettors think so as the line has been bet down 2 points. I hope if it goes like I think it will and Kentucky gets thumped something like 42-13 our fans don't get down on the team because LSU isn't just the best team left on our schedule but they're the best team left on our schedule by a wide margin. If Kentucky pulls the upset they're a playoff contender but if we lose we're still in the running for a good bowl game as all the rest of our games are winnable. I don't think we win this one but this team has already surprised me a couple times. Go Cats!

LSU is like #15 in offense and #2 in defense
We are something like 42 offense and 91 defense. Ranked dead last amongst all college football teams in 3rd down conversions on offense.
Its been impressive that we won at AM and SC.
 
  • Like
Reactions: theBlues
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball Zoom Action: Breaking down Kentucky MBB Pro Day film
  2. 02 KSR Football Kenny Darby cracks Top 10 of ESPN's College Football Freshman Rankings
  3. 03 KSR Football Sam Greene willing to do whatever it takes for the Kentucky Defense
  4. 04 KSR Women's Basketball Kenny Brooks is enjoying watching Clara Strack improve as a leader, 3-point shooter
  5. 05 KSR KSR Show, 10/8: Previewing LSU and more, live from 10 a.m. to noon