54 minutes and no replies, I'm amazedAnyone have an authentic recipe to share? I picked up two bottles of Four Queens earlier today so I have the main ingredient.
I googled because I have never had it before. I found this YouTube video and learned the whole history of it too. She uses Four Queens:
Haha I didn’t even know what Four Queens was until I watched that very informative video. My neighbors in south jersey might be getting some Boilo for Christmas this year! Although I doubt the Wine Warehouse near me sells four queens so I may have to improvise!Four Queens? Is this a game of chance??
![]()
Do you strain the oranges and lemon or leave it in?2 - 5th’s four queens
1 pint of water
1/2 fist of peppercorns (yes, fist)
1/2 fist all spice
1 tbl sp caraway seeds
1 pint honey
2 cinnamon sticks
I whole orang cut up
1/2 lemon cut up
put all ingredients in a pot (except alcohol) on med heat and bring to a rolling boil for 7 min. Remove from heat and allow slight cool down. Add booze and bring to slight boil for 4 min. Stain and serve warm
lairdandcompany.com
This is a pretty good recipe, every family in the REGION has its own concoction. Recipes are handed down from one generation to another; variations of grandpa's/grandma's recipe are frowned upon.A great tribute to boilo from a good friend of mine - a former Blue Bander as well….. enjoy!
You sir have come to the right place. Your OP will generate O/U 100 (take the over) posts. Bracket polls and bolio recipes are the board's expertise imho.Anyone have an authentic recipe to share? I picked up two bottles of Four Queens earlier today so I have the main ingredient.
BWI Recruiting
High School Recap: Future Penn State cornerbacks shine to close out September
BWI Football
Leaving outcome to chance, Penn State's complementary football fails
BWI Football
Wisconsin took away Penn State's best throw and stopped the run with one tweak: Film Review
BWI Football
Penn State bowl projections: Where could the Lions play in the postseason after losing to Wisconsin?
BWI Recruiting
Penn State recruits weigh in after Wisconsin heartbreak: 'I don't see them losing another game this year'