Kirk probably hating all this attention?

Kirk is God

Junior
Oct 21, 2025
198
279
63
Deep down I don’t think Kirk is liking all the attention his team is getting this week. Probably doesn’t like gameday being in Iowa city. This is why I love him. Fly under the radar type guy is my guy.
 

uihawk82

All-Conference
Nov 17, 2021
2,958
4,394
113
Deep down I don’t think Kirk is liking all the attention his team is getting this week. Probably doesn’t like gameday being in Iowa city. This is why I love him. Fly under the radar type guy is my guy.
Oh you bet. He would like to be the underdog in every game I think. The team plays with a chip on their shoulders anyway because most are not highly rated and recruited.

I hope KF gives the players the room to try to make a big play, to take a chance and not be robots.
 

Kirk is God

Junior
Oct 21, 2025
198
279
63
Oh you bet. He would like to be the underdog in every game I think. The team plays with a chip on their shoulders anyway because most are not highly rated and recruited.

I hope KF gives the players the room to try to make a big play, to take a chance and not be robots.
Id say just play the game you always do because that’s when they’re the most successful. Stupid gameday being there annoys me too. Wish it wasn’t
 
  • Like
Reactions: uihawk82

AFM22

Heisman
Oct 31, 2022
22,054
42,715
113
Deep down I don’t think Kirk is liking all the attention his team is getting this week. Probably doesn’t like gameday being in Iowa city. This is why I love him. Fly under the radar type guy is my guy.
You like him because you have projected your feelings onto him?
 
  • Like
Reactions: PinkShizzle

Outbackbowl2017

All-Conference
Dec 4, 2016
1,778
2,900
113
Deep down I don’t think Kirk is liking all the attention his team is getting this week. Probably doesn’t like gameday being in Iowa city. This is why I love him. Fly under the radar type guy is my guy.
They are 14 point dogs tomorrow. They are the massive underdog and he is playing into it with the team but can be an ambassador for the program outside the walls of the football building. This attention in the time of the CFP is massive and might help push them over the line if they are on the bubble to get in as wild card team with a 29 year coach at the helm.
 

HawkBot

Freshman
Jul 9, 2025
35
53
18
Id say just play the game you always do because that’s when they’re the most successful. Stupid gameday being there annoys me too. Wish it wasn’t
Iowa is going up against one of the highest paid rosters with potential first rounders scattered about. They are going to have to get uncomfortable and take some chances. Are you forgetting their record against ranked opponents for the last few seasons?
 
  • Like
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

93hawkeye

Senior
Sep 19, 2004
396
627
93
I don't think KF is losing sleep. But if he's bothered, he should have known by now he shouldn't try to win high profile B10 football games.
 

7thSummitCoach

Sophomore
Jan 7, 2023
56
145
33
Iowa is going up against one of the highest paid rosters with potential first rounders scattered about. They are going to have to get uncomfortable and take some chances. Are you forgetting their record against ranked opponents for the last few seasons?
You mean the 4-5 record in the last 10 years against top 10 teams coming to Kinnick? With 7 of the 9 games being ranked 20 or less and/or 14 pt dogs?
 

LetsGoHawks83

All-American
Mar 20, 2015
3,350
6,655
113
I don't think Kirk has any issues with the hoopla. He understands that the attention helps on the recruiting trail.

He also enjoys some of it, as im "hey this is fun BSing with Pat McAfee, I'm going to cuss too".

But he also doesn't LIVE for that TV attention, like some coaches
(**"Cough**. PJ Fleck *** cough***)

Laser focused Saturday
 

WigPen

Sophomore
Aug 13, 2025
109
154
43
We are still the underdog in this game, by a wide margin. I think this spotlight is just putting more pressure on the Buckeyes to perform up to expectations. Hope they choke.

Go Hawks!
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Caitlin Clark to serve as ESPN College GameDay celebrity guest picker ahead of Iowa vs. Ohio State
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football ESPN personalities thrilled to be at Iowa
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Basketball Recruiting Iowa Women's Basketball lands four-star center Khalia Hartwell
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Iowa Hawkeyes Football Recruiting: Weekend Preview
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Nation's No. 5 linebacker Brodie Metzger back in Iowa City, Hawkeyes among his early favorites