It was great to see the team up close and have interactions with the players.
Cliff notes:
Reid Travis is a grown man and is going to punish some people this year. Really nice guy as well. He seemed somewhat shellshocked at BBN, ha.
Ashton Hagans is as enjoyable of a personality I’ve seen on a UK team in some time. Constantly smiling, polite to all fans and just good attitude in general.
Quade Green looks much thinner and in good shape. He was also smiling the entire time and cutting up with fans. Tyler Herro also super nice.
EJ and Nick were sitting beside each other and I can’t imagine anyone is gonna get a shot off in the paint with those two tall trees in there.
Coach Cal personable and swaggy.
Now to the one negative. I understand these players are tired. It had been a long day of signing autographs and I’m sure some fans asked more questions than appropriate. That being said, PJ Washington is the rudest UK player I’ve ever met. Head down the entire time. Refused to interact with fans. Wouldn’t respond to questions or comments from fans, not even if they just said thank you. Never smiled, once. Was rude to the fans in front of me, to my wife and I, and to the people behind us. Several fans walking back to their cars were talking about it. It was truly shocking and disappointing. PJ is one of my favorite players, and it was just a big let down. I know fans can be exhausting, but he was the only one acting like that. He acted as if he wanted to be anywhere else.
Rant over. This team looks like they really like each other (with the exception of PJ who acted like he wanted to die). I think we are poised for a big year.
GBB
Cliff notes:
Reid Travis is a grown man and is going to punish some people this year. Really nice guy as well. He seemed somewhat shellshocked at BBN, ha.
Ashton Hagans is as enjoyable of a personality I’ve seen on a UK team in some time. Constantly smiling, polite to all fans and just good attitude in general.
Quade Green looks much thinner and in good shape. He was also smiling the entire time and cutting up with fans. Tyler Herro also super nice.
EJ and Nick were sitting beside each other and I can’t imagine anyone is gonna get a shot off in the paint with those two tall trees in there.
Coach Cal personable and swaggy.
Now to the one negative. I understand these players are tired. It had been a long day of signing autographs and I’m sure some fans asked more questions than appropriate. That being said, PJ Washington is the rudest UK player I’ve ever met. Head down the entire time. Refused to interact with fans. Wouldn’t respond to questions or comments from fans, not even if they just said thank you. Never smiled, once. Was rude to the fans in front of me, to my wife and I, and to the people behind us. Several fans walking back to their cars were talking about it. It was truly shocking and disappointing. PJ is one of my favorite players, and it was just a big let down. I know fans can be exhausting, but he was the only one acting like that. He acted as if he wanted to be anywhere else.
Rant over. This team looks like they really like each other (with the exception of PJ who acted like he wanted to die). I think we are poised for a big year.
GBB