Jinks alert.....

dawgoneyall

Junior
Nov 11, 2007
3,431
210
63
could see the emerging of one of the next big time State players. In baseball-not football
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
I believe he is talking about Cumbest

I loved it when we started him this past weekend. I have been thinking all year long that we really need his power potential. He is delivering so far.

That leadoff double in the 9th Friday night was huge. We probably don't win that game without it.
 
Last edited:

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,449
27,284
113
I swear I heard someone recently say he was now playing Defense on the gridiron. It was either T&L, OLF, or a live ballgame.

Does anyone know where? I can only imagine at LB.

Yes Cumbest has been moved to DE. With that and Spivey transferring out, the "TE in a Leach offense" experiment has been put to bed.
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
You should take a guess at it?

I catch your drift. Never mind. Sometimes I can ask a stupid question.

I guess that would be every guy's dream nickname. Hey, since I brought up the subject, can that be my official board nickname? And don't tell me I have to send a pic.
 
Last edited:

Herbert Nenninger

All-Conference
Feb 9, 2019
844
1,250
93
Interesting stats... Cumbest now has more RBIs and the same number of runs scored as Hatcher. And while earlier in the year, he was mainly platooned against lefties, he’s now hitting .529 against righties and .192 against lefties.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,003
10,154
113
I loved it when we started him this past weekend. I have been thinking all year long that we really need his power potential. He is delivering so far.

That leadoff double in the 9th Friday night was huge. We probably don't win that game without it.

IF... he can hit consistently down the stretch we become a dangerous team with his power.
 

ronpolk

All-American
May 6, 2009
9,426
5,355
113
I catch your drift. Never mind. Sometimes I can ask a stupid question.

I guess that would be every guy's dream nickname. Hey, since I brought up the subject, can that be my official board nickname? And don't tell me I have to send a pic.

Haha I was just kidding with you.
 
Feb 23, 2008
1,708
0
0
Started when he played t ball. His coach said he was stronger than a pack of

mules because he was so much bigger and stronger than the other kids. Then they shortened it to Mule. I actually thought he was called that because of playing multiple sports. Like a workhorse mule.
 

wsjmsu75

Junior
Sep 29, 2017
2,421
210
63
mules because he was so much bigger and stronger than the other kids. Then they shortened it to Mule. I actually thought he was called that because of playing multiple sports. Like a workhorse mule.

Ok. Makes sense. Damn, guess I went off on a tangent with my imagination.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window
  5. 05 Maroon and White Fluff Bothwell finds a way in impact performance for Mississippi State