And the beat goes on, these guys never learn
Learn what? How to get rich and win championships?
What are they supposedly shelling out?
Basically 6 figures for anybody even remotely being recruited elsewhere.
Basically 6 figures for anybody even remotely being recruited elsewhere.
I think he’s referring to kids from Mississippi that go there never to be heard from again.
He can do the same thing here and actually be a part of something, rather than just being another in a long line. If you're good enough, the NFL will find you. There's nothing special about Alabama when it comes to the NFL.Learn what? How to get rich and win championships?
Over blown is "Alabama will put me in the league". Players put themselves in the league. You're better off going where you can play. I guess if you're lazy and need to be pushed (but still talented), Saban is a good coach for you because he'll push you through that.Those were never great players to begin with. Terry Grant wasn't an SEC RB. The DB guys were never that good either. Same with Lashley. Just because our State interweb guys say they're good means very little. I see Byron Young doing well. The OL did well. They just put a MS DL in the NFL. It's all over blown.
Basically 6 figures for anybody even remotely being recruited elsewhere.
Oh... I figured it was more than that. Heck, over 20 years ago they were paying $150K for kids like Albert Means.
Over blown is "Alabama will put me in the league". Players put themselves in the league. You're better off going where you can play. I guess if you're lazy and need to be pushed (but still talented), Saban is a good coach for you because he'll push you through that.
Correction: His handler will have a nice ride. He will also get drafted ... late rounds, of course, but he'll get drafted. And, as a result, high end MS kids will keep heading that direction and riding the back bench.
They get more guys drafted because they have better players from the beginning.Some truth to that but AL has the best coaching, program, and facilities available. Go watch the draft and count the guys they'll have drafted. If you don't think that's a benefit, I can't help you. It's perfectly fine to be jealous and hate them.
He wanted out of MS so bad that he was going 60 miles across the state line to the most similar states in the union. Good thinking there, Jaheim.He doesn't have a handler. AL offered him in the 8th grade. It' was AL or LSU no matter what. He wanted out of MS.
HA HA HA HA! The Polly Anna speaks! A 4 or 5 star can play at Jackson State and make it to the NFL easy. You are discounting the ability of NFL scouts to find talent. It's ok to be a closet Alabama fan but if you post on this board, I can't help you!
If I wanted out of MS I think I'd be looking at Florida, Texas or Oregon.
Oh... I figured it was more than that. Heck, over 20 years ago they were paying $150K for kids like Albert Means.
HA HA HA HA! The Polly Anna speaks! A 4 or 5 star can play at Jackson State and make it to the NFL easy. You are discounting the ability of NFL scouts to find talent. It's ok to be a closet Alabama fan but if you post on this board, I can't help you!
Or Hawaii! If it weren't for the bag men in college sports I always thought Miami, Hawaii, San Diego State, USC, and other great locales would mop up in sports.
He doesn't have a handler. AL offered him in the 8th grade. It' was AL or LSU no matter what. He wanted out of MS.
Is that when they started paying him? Is that what you are saying?
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
Rivals Football Recruiting
No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
Rivals Football Recruiting
How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
Maroon and White Football
Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
Maroon and White Football
"No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense