Thank you for giving Michigan the karma they deserve. I come in peace, ever since last years matchup I have been beating the Iowa drum. I had hoped you could get by one of those tough ones and in into the playoffs. I couldnt help but watch and think, Iowa would be a problem for teams like Alabama, Texas AM and Oklahoma last season.
Enter 2026 and Im thinking why is nobody giving Iowa the respect they deserve? Why are they not being mentioned among the top 4 teams in this conference. Instead talking heads wanted to mention Penn State as their BIG sleeper to make the playoff. I just didnt see it, Iowa plays about as close to a Cignetti coached team as anyone in the country. We run the ball about 60% of the time, we try and play mistake free football, we rely on upperclassman in the trenches. We both rely heavily on our defense stopping the run 1st and foremost.
I am quietly rooting for Iowa to make that next move. So, I ventured to the upcoming schedule. I see the next two weeks as the most important weeks in recent memory for you guys. 1-1 in these two weeks and I see you being favored to win out. A 1 loss BIG team isnt missing the playoff. Your coaching staff will outclass and outcoach any remaining team on that schedule. The conference doesnt look to be what it was hyped up to be, so why not Iowa???
In today’s world of college football it means more than it ever has to keep rosters intact and continue to coach them up, to win at the line of scrimmage. The bluebloods cant stack a three deep of 4-5 star talent, parity is everywhere. I can appreciate a team of homegrown midwesterners with a chip on their shoulder playing their assignment making some noise. I hope as the season unfolds I get to see an SEC school slated to play in Kinnick in mid December as the final CFP bracket unveils. I’ll also say an extra prayer for what they would be in store for.
Enter 2026 and Im thinking why is nobody giving Iowa the respect they deserve? Why are they not being mentioned among the top 4 teams in this conference. Instead talking heads wanted to mention Penn State as their BIG sleeper to make the playoff. I just didnt see it, Iowa plays about as close to a Cignetti coached team as anyone in the country. We run the ball about 60% of the time, we try and play mistake free football, we rely on upperclassman in the trenches. We both rely heavily on our defense stopping the run 1st and foremost.
I am quietly rooting for Iowa to make that next move. So, I ventured to the upcoming schedule. I see the next two weeks as the most important weeks in recent memory for you guys. 1-1 in these two weeks and I see you being favored to win out. A 1 loss BIG team isnt missing the playoff. Your coaching staff will outclass and outcoach any remaining team on that schedule. The conference doesnt look to be what it was hyped up to be, so why not Iowa???
In today’s world of college football it means more than it ever has to keep rosters intact and continue to coach them up, to win at the line of scrimmage. The bluebloods cant stack a three deep of 4-5 star talent, parity is everywhere. I can appreciate a team of homegrown midwesterners with a chip on their shoulder playing their assignment making some noise. I hope as the season unfolds I get to see an SEC school slated to play in Kinnick in mid December as the final CFP bracket unveils. I’ll also say an extra prayer for what they would be in store for.