Is everyone paying here?

Hawklove

Senior
Jul 11, 2018
267
557
93
I’m new on this site! Have followed Iowa for 50 yrs. The ads on this site are truly annoying. Is everyone paying here? Is it worth it? I loved Rival and the hawkcentral forum before that. I understand these guys are trying to make money. But the subscription fee is high in this economy, at least for me. I’m hoping to find another forum and never have to sit through another commercial. Thoughts? Thank you. 🙏
 

Anon1751457816

All-Conference
Jul 2, 2025
974
1,786
93
I’m new on this site! Have followed Iowa for 50 yrs. The ads on this site are truly annoying. Is everyone paying here? Is it worth it? I loved Rival and the hawkcentral forum before that. I understand these guys are trying to make money. But the subscription fee is high in this economy, at least for me. I’m hoping to find another forum and never have to sit through another commercial. Thoughts? Thank you. 🙏
John Candy No GIF by Laff
 

JMNSH0

All-Conference
Aug 20, 2025
717
1,395
93
Have you considered pointing your eyeballs at the stuff you want to see and away from the stuff you don't want to see? This works wonders for me in various settings.
 

TampaHawkFan

All-Conference
Aug 6, 2025
642
1,777
93
Paying? Hell no. I signed up for a free account and can still read and post. No need to pay for anything IMO, unless there's some premium content available, but I figure I'll find out about anything important in due time, anyway.

As others have said, no app. Just the website. Things have gotten a little too app-happy these days IMO.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hawklove

fivecardstud14

All-Conference
Dec 1, 2008
1,739
2,352
113
Paying? Hell no. I signed up for a free account and can still read and post. No need to pay for anything IMO, unless there's some premium content available, but I figure I'll find out about anything important in due time, anyway.

As others have said, no app. Just the website. Things have gotten a little too app-happy these days IMO.
 

HawkBall23

Heisman
Oct 6, 2001
5,353
10,154
113
I do have a sub, but no problems for the most part until the last couple days, an any of these forums.

Been kinda laggy and a bit buggy since last evening, though, on the website. Don't know which end is causing it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hawklove

uihawk82

All-Conference
Nov 17, 2021
3,027
4,483
113
I’m new on this site! Have followed Iowa for 50 yrs. The ads on this site are truly annoying. Is everyone paying here? Is it worth it? I loved Rival and the hawkcentral forum before that. I understand these guys are trying to make money. But the subscription fee is high in this economy, at least for me. I’m hoping to find another forum and never have to sit through another commercial. Thoughts? Thank you. 🙏
I am not paying and I have hardly paid in the past 20 - 30 years or whatever I have been on hawk fan boards
 

MacMiney

Senior
Jul 3, 2025
301
566
93
I'm not paying, because I can get all the "how's (insert player who graduated/left years.. ago.. here) doing?" threads for free.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hawksfor3
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Game Preview: Iowa vs. Washington
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football The Friday Five
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Basketball Cooper Koch, Kael Combs talk at Big Ten Media Days
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Basketball Ben McCollum talks at Big Ten Media Days
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Washington's starters as recruits