Is everyone paying here?

Hawklove

Senior
Jul 11, 2018
267
557
93
I’m new on this site! Have followed Iowa for 50 yrs. The ads on this site are truly annoying. Is everyone paying here? Is it worth it? I loved Rival and the hawkcentral forum before that. I understand these guys are trying to make money. But the subscription fee is high in this economy, at least for me. I’m hoping to find another forum and never have to sit through another commercial. Thoughts? Thank you. 🙏
 

Anon1751457816

All-Conference
Jul 2, 2025
961
1,751
93
I’m new on this site! Have followed Iowa for 50 yrs. The ads on this site are truly annoying. Is everyone paying here? Is it worth it? I loved Rival and the hawkcentral forum before that. I understand these guys are trying to make money. But the subscription fee is high in this economy, at least for me. I’m hoping to find another forum and never have to sit through another commercial. Thoughts? Thank you. 🙏
John Candy No GIF by Laff
 

JMNSH0

All-Conference
Aug 20, 2025
712
1,387
93
Have you considered pointing your eyeballs at the stuff you want to see and away from the stuff you don't want to see? This works wonders for me in various settings.
 

TampaHawkFan

All-Conference
Aug 6, 2025
642
1,777
93
Paying? Hell no. I signed up for a free account and can still read and post. No need to pay for anything IMO, unless there's some premium content available, but I figure I'll find out about anything important in due time, anyway.

As others have said, no app. Just the website. Things have gotten a little too app-happy these days IMO.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hawklove

fivecardstud14

All-Conference
Dec 1, 2008
1,723
2,325
113
Paying? Hell no. I signed up for a free account and can still read and post. No need to pay for anything IMO, unless there's some premium content available, but I figure I'll find out about anything important in due time, anyway.

As others have said, no app. Just the website. Things have gotten a little too app-happy these days IMO.
 

HawkBall23

All-American
Oct 6, 2001
5,256
9,998
113
I do have a sub, but no problems for the most part until the last couple days, an any of these forums.

Been kinda laggy and a bit buggy since last evening, though, on the website. Don't know which end is causing it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hawklove

uihawk82

All-Conference
Nov 17, 2021
2,955
4,393
113
I’m new on this site! Have followed Iowa for 50 yrs. The ads on this site are truly annoying. Is everyone paying here? Is it worth it? I loved Rival and the hawkcentral forum before that. I understand these guys are trying to make money. But the subscription fee is high in this economy, at least for me. I’m hoping to find another forum and never have to sit through another commercial. Thoughts? Thank you. 🙏
I am not paying and I have hardly paid in the past 20 - 30 years or whatever I have been on hawk fan boards
 

MacMiney

Senior
Jul 3, 2025
298
563
93
I'm not paying, because I can get all the "how's (insert player who graduated/left years.. ago.. here) doing?" threads for free.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hawksfor3
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Caitlin Clark to serve as ESPN College GameDay celebrity guest picker ahead of Iowa vs. Ohio State
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football ESPN personalities thrilled to be at Iowa
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Basketball Recruiting Iowa Women's Basketball lands four-star center Khalia Hartwell
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Iowa Hawkeyes Football Recruiting: Weekend Preview
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Nation's No. 5 linebacker Brodie Metzger back in Iowa City, Hawkeyes among his early favorites