***** Iowa vs Washington Game Thread*****

Rambler Hawk

All-Conference
Oct 10, 2001
2,461
3,256
113
Hecklinski had a hell of a game tonight.

I'm just not sure how much of it was him (& the game plan/play calls) and how much of it was a pretty shiddy Washington defense.


Either way, if you put a gun to my head ... I probably gotta vote to give him the QB1 job on the 24th @ Minny.
I think the announcer said both and I agree....
😎
 

Kceasthawk@77

All-American
Feb 2, 2005
4,303
7,505
113
We ran for a first down

pedal stage GIF
Your prediction already looks like doodoo.......
 

Hawksfor3

All-American
Dec 5, 2016
8,525
9,656
113
Hecklinski had a hell of a game tonight.

I'm just not sure how much of it was him (& the game plan/play calls) and how much of it was a pretty shiddy Washington defense.


Either way, if you put a gun to my head ... I probably gotta vote to give him the QB1 job on the 24th @ Minny.
I agree. Give him another shot. He and KM were a great team tonight. Hat's off to our linemen as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HawkBall23

Jonesy5960

Heisman
Feb 1, 2023
6,709
13,883
113
Hecklinski had a hell of a game tonight.

I'm just not sure how much of it was him (& the game plan/play calls) and how much of it was a pretty shiddy Washington defense.


Either way, if you put a gun to my head ... I probably gotta vote to give him the QB1 job on the 24th @ Minny.
Honestly, any player on the field could have lofted 2 of those touchdown passes because of blown coverages. With that said, he had a good game. I might trade our Brown for Washington's Brown. That guy was unconscious in the 3rd quarter.
 

3-D_chess

All-Conference
Jul 18, 2025
1,156
1,285
113
Honestly, any player on the field could have lofted 2 of those touchdown passes because of blown coverages. With that said, he had a good game. I might trade our Brown for Washington's Brown. That guy was unconscious in the 3rd quarter.
He doesn't laser the ball, that makes him the obvious choice. Both announcers are on the bandwagon, time for you to climb on.
 

Jonesy5960

Heisman
Feb 1, 2023
6,709
13,883
113
Hecklinski had a hell of a game tonight.

I'm just not sure how much of it was him (& the game plan/play calls) and how much of it was a pretty shiddy Washington defense.


Either way, if you put a gun to my head ... I probably gotta vote to give him the QB1 job on the 24th @ Minny.
If somebody puts a gun to my head I'm calling 911. Iowa football would be the last thing on my mind.
 

IA79Cam

All-Conference
Jan 1, 2023
1,145
2,260
113
Does anyone think that Brown would play as well as Heck in this game?
No
Yes, yes I do. Because that's how he played in the two games where the defense was overmatched and outschemed and we were able to rush with ease.
Qb has a large say in ol blocking assignments (audibles, ect.) Its no coincidence we've run the ball better when Jeremy is qb which helps him throw. Its all connected.
 

Kceasthawk@77

All-American
Feb 2, 2005
4,303
7,505
113
No

Qb has a large say in ol blocking assignments (audibles, ect.) Its no coincidence we've run the ball better when Jeremy is qb which helps him throw. Its all connected.
Based on what? Did we run the ball great against the other two teams that couldn't defend when Brown played? Did Heck have to make those calls against the OSU and Michigans highly rated Defenses? Again, I'm not saying that Heck didn't play really well, and once again make this a real decision. BUT once again we have people adding in these narratives without anything more than opinion.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Olympics WATCH: Rick Heller, Myles Davis talk fall exhibition win over Kansas
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Olympics Play-by-play recap: Iowa 15 Kansas 10 (F/16)
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football PFF Grades - Iowa defense vs Washington
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football PFF Grades - Iowa offense vs Washington
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Snap Counts - Iowa defense vs Washington