Immaculate Inning

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,315
14,885
113
For those who don’t know, the achievement is 3 batters down on strikes in 9 pitches in a single half inning.

Been done about 120 times in MLB history, so pretty uncommon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

HailStout

Heisman
Jan 4, 2020
6,212
17,789
113
I did some rough math.

There is a a 1 in 16000 chance of a Perfect inning if you go by inning

it’s 1 in 1750 if you go by game

A perfect game occurs once every 9000 games

A no hitter occurs about once every 657 games

a
 

NWADawg

Senior
May 4, 2016
1,237
743
113
I feel like the 3-pitch inning is still a better accomplishment, technically speaking.
I pitched through high school and I promise you that I would have taken much more pride in an immaculate inning than a 3 pitch inning.
No matter how great your pitching is, you need help (batter and fielders) to pull off 3 pitch inning. An immaculate inning is you just owning them.
 

Darryl Steight

All-American
Sep 30, 2022
4,778
8,031
113
I pitched through high school and I promise you that I would have taken much more pride in an immaculate inning than a 3 pitch inning.
No matter how great your pitching is, you need help (batter and fielders) to pull off 3 pitch inning. An immaculate inning is you just owning them.
Yeah but they are just running up your pitch count**
 
  • Like
Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar