IC notifications about Polymarket?

Zwikkerscores

Senior
Jul 19, 2025
350
570
93
Hi, I started getting push notifications on articles that aren't UNC-related...broader ON3 stuff that frankly I'm just not interested in, or at least for which I don't need a push notification. They used to only be breaking news type articles, but now I don't necessarily open them.
 

kellyth2

Joined Aug 10, 2008
Aug 10, 2008
11
5
3
This is disappointing. I got another one today. I may have to turn off push notifications if I’m getting poly market messages sent to my phone. I would sort of get it if I had signed up for a free service, but did not anticipate getting ambushed with prediction market ads through a paid service.
 

BenSherman

Heisman
Staff member
May 30, 2022
10,683
89,967
113
@BenSherman how can I not ever get these again?
1) The McMurphy notification was by the national desk. Should not have been an IC notification. It's been discussed. Should not happen again.

2) IC controls the IC notifications. But not the national, so if you got/get any beyond that initial McMurphy one, it means you have national notifications turned on. You'll want to turn off - it's the On3 Breaking News toggle atop the settings.

Screenshot 2026-10-05 at 7.43.24 AM.png
 

BenSherman

Heisman
Staff member
May 30, 2022
10,683
89,967
113
Hi, I started getting push notifications on articles that aren't UNC-related...broader ON3 stuff that frankly I'm just not interested in, or at least for which I don't need a push notification. They used to only be breaking news type articles, but now I don't necessarily open them.
See the above explanation.

Make sure you have On3 Breaking News turned off. And then let me know if you get any moving forward. That's not the intended IC user experience!
 
Inside Carolina

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Carolina Football Recruiting Inside UNC's New Approach With Game Day Recruits
  2. 02 Inside Carolina Basketball Carolina Basketball Approaches Reality of Post-ACC World
  3. 03 Inside Carolina Football Assessing UNC's Gradual Improvement Four Games Into 2026
  4. 04 Inside Carolina Football Film Room: Jaden Jefferson Takes the Kickoff to the House vs. Notre Dame
  5. 05 Inside Carolina Football UNC Freshman Play Report: Week 5